Trouble in Kalamanda

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aproxima

11-28-2012

Éclair leaned against the wall again and silently watched them.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyDemon View Post
Relieved that she was able to finally talk to someone Alanila eagerly opened up to Geokhan. She showed him mental images of the Ambassadorial committee and of her reason for arriving on Runeterra.

"Yes the Ambassador council sent me here to help you resolve an issue that has the council busy. It is my hope that by aiding you I may speed Kayle and Morgana's release from this wretched place."

Geokhan thought for a moment.

"Like it or not, this 'wretched place' is home. Sorry, we aren't immortal and think through everything to last forever. Don't force a standard on us mere mortals that matches yours."

Geokhan quickly related what was going on and noted Eclair.

"Oh, ye of little faith."

"Alanila, I want to try something to help you out. I am bound to an Arachia, which is a crystal that shares knowledge with its chosen. I think I can transfer knowledge to you through contact. I don't know what collateral information will be passed along and I don't know if you will feel pain. The last time I tried to pass info, it was just rage and pain. What I seek to pass along was not originally stored in the crystal. It is something I added to it. I want to share my knowledge of my language. If I don't succeed, the assassin wants to use your blood to pass along message. I want you to make your own choices."

SmileyDemon

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
Geokhan thought for a moment.

"Like it or not, this 'wretched place' is home. Sorry, we aren't immortal and think through everything to last forever. Don't force a standard on us mere mortals that matches yours."

Geokhan quickly related what was going on and noted Eclair.

"Oh, ye of little faith."

"Alanila, I want to try something to help you out. I am bound to an Arachia, which is a crystal that shares knowledge with its chosen. I think I can transfer knowledge to you through contact. I don't know what collateral information will be passed along and I don't know if you will feel pain. The last time I tried to pass info, it was just rage and pain. What I seek to pass along was not originally stored in the crystal. It is something I added to it. I want to share my knowledge of my language. If I don't succeed, the assassin wants to use your blood to pass along message. I want you to make your own choices."

"I only call this place wretched from what I've seen of it so far. Summoners using the threat of magic to make peace, to broker deals that are tantamount to slavery. To endlessly murder men,women and children in combat arenas for enjoyment and politics. I do not know if our worlds share the same ideals but from where I come from just slavery is a heinous act that if found guilty of would result in swift execution but I did not come here to prattle on about your corrupt society. I do not care what magic you use so long as it aids me. As I will swear myself to your service to aid you in your endeavors until your task is finished and as long as they remain honorable."

Alanila materialized her sword in front of her and knelt with its point down and hilt at her forehead.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Quote:
"I only call this place wretched from what I've seen of it so far. Summoners using the threat of magic to make peace, to broker deals that are tantamount to slavery. To endlessly murder men,women and children in combat arenas for enjoyment and politics. I do not know if our worlds share the same ideals but from where I come from just slavery is a heinous act that if found guilty of would result in swift execution but I did not come here to prattle on about your corrupt society. I do not care what magic you use so long as it aids me. As I will swear myself to your service to aid you in your endeavors until your task is finished and as long as they remain honorable."

Alanila materialized her sword in front of her and knelt with its point down and hilt at her forehead.
"Corruption is what I seek to cleanse, be it of soul or of earth. I can't do it for the souls of those who choose it, but I can expose it.

I don't need your oath, I need your morals. The assassin is asking to go along and I'm allowing her to. I need to know why she is told to care though. If she plans something that's harms the dormant ones, I need it stopped. I think the others are more trustworthy, but if they seek to steal or enslave....I would like them stopped. I apologize for asking so much of you, and I will ask others to do the same, but this has become more fishy as time has gone on. Bandle City sends an envoy...there is an assassin hired to aid me...I don't like it at all.

I will start the transfer. Do hold still. This may hurt."

Geokhan reaches out to Alanila's forehead and gently touches it. Focusing on a one-way transfer of knowledge and thinking on his language. He wasn't exactly planning on doing this, but he felt ready. This was needed.

((Up to you whether or not it works.))

SmileyDemon

11-28-2012

Quote:
"Corruption is what I seek to cleanse, be it of soul or of earth. I can't do it for the souls of those who choose it, but I can expose it.

I don't need your oath, I need your morals. The assassin is asking to go along and I'm allowing her to. I need to know why she is told to care though. If she plans something that's harms the dormant ones, I need it stopped. I think the others are more trustworthy, but if they seek to steal or enslave....I would like them stopped. I apologize for asking so much of you, and I will ask others to do the same, but this has become more fishy as time has gone on. Bandle City sends an envoy...there is an assassin hired to aid me...I don't like it at all.

I will start the transfer. Do hold still. This may hurt."

Geokhan reaches out to Alanila's forehead and gently touches it. Focusing on a one-way transfer of knowledge and thinking on his language. He wasn't exactly planning on doing this, but he felt ready. This was needed.

((Up to you whether or not it works.))
Light built up in Geokhan's hand before a magical beam erupted forth from his hand imparting information into Alanila's mind. The transfer was quick but brought forth a recent memory about the time before Alanila came to Runeterra

Avalon

The world of Avalon was in ruins with billions dead across a battle that waged beyond the scope of recorded history. Thunderheads clouded the sky, raining down upon the soon to be battlefield. The capital of this once beautiful land was to be the final battle of this conflict. Little was left of this golden city as it was one of the first taken when the fallen angels first emerged from hiding amongst the true faithful. Now however there was no place for the heathens to hide, no respite from the divine fury that was soon to befall them. After intense fighting Alanila flew in formation with Kayle leading the squads front. They had punched through the enemy lines and were tasked with finishing whatever foul power commanded the fallen's armies. They landed atop the ruinous remains of a once great spire that overlooked much of the city. Looking down Alanila could see that the ground was littered with the bodies of heretics. She saw fledglings amongst the slain but this phased her not for no true child of the light would practice dark magics. To Alanila that made them less than people, it made them monsters, monsters to be slain. Kayle turned and spoke to them as the heaviest fighting was surely ahead.

"Brothers, Sisters today marks the end of a war that has ravaged for a over a millennium! Look how they devolve with their dark magics and see what it has done to them! To this city! But fear not for we bring justice to this land. Together we will go into whatever foul hole they hide in and wipe out this plague that has splintered our race for so long. Many that we face may have once been family but know that they are now monsters. Twisted into foul beings that merely resemble friendly faces. They are an infestation plaguing the hearts and minds of our race. It all ends here, may your wings be swift in battle and your sword strike true."

Her squad descended behind Kayle into the heart of the now appropriately named black city. Alanila had witnessed many perversions of magic in her time but none so extreme as these. They found demonic circles where profane blood rites bestowed horrible powers to entire legions of fallen. It seemed that as the tides of war turned deeper did the fallen plunge into dark magic. Alanila was on edge as they neared a temple that rested at the cities heart. Kayle ordered a sweep of the building as she sensed dark magics within. As they entered the once holy citadel they heard echos originate from the inner chamber.

"You must all get to safety underground while the fighting is continuing. This is no place for fledglings. Now please return underground."
The youths yelled back with retorts of wanting to fight with their parents out in the fields but were denied by the voice.

Upon hearing this Kayle unfurled her wings and charged through the paned glass that obscured the hallway by which Alanila's squad had entered. Colored glass shards flew through the air and reflected light from the holy flame emitting from Kayle's sword as she flew towards Morgana at frightening speed. Alanila and her squad followed quickly after with screams echoing at their entrance. Kayle's sword swung down to smite the foul being that once was her sister but Morgana had erected a force field just in time to block the attack. She then dissipated the shield making it explode with a fantastic shock wave. Kayle was knocked back but soon came to a stop midair. The most bravest of the fledglings cast dark spells toward Kayle but she deflected them harmlessly.

"Run now! Do not fight them!"
Morgana yelled frantically.

"Wipe this plague out! Let none escape!"
Kayle ordered and no sooner had she done so did the entire squad block off their only escape. They fought but were quickly dispatched. Furious now, Morgana's eyes began to glow summoning forth a well of inky darkness along the floor sapping the very life essence of those caught within it. Morgana slain two paladins before Kayle could reengage her. By now more fallen were entering the temple horrified at the dead and dieing and furious at the still living members of Kayle's Squad.

"You killed them all! Why why would you do such a thing! They were only children!"
Morgana yelled flinging a spell at Kayle.

"They were children. Now they are monsters. You and all your kind have transformed impressionable youth into monsters with your evil magic! That is why you must be slain!" Kayle dodged the bolt of energy before flinging her own at Morgana.

"I opened their minds! I showed them that they could be more than themselves! That they could be different!"
Yelled Morgana before attacking once again.

Alanila cleaved through one of the fallen after deflecting a magical bolt hurled from above her. Blood caked her armor as she drew her blade upwards decapitating one of the fallen. Below the terrible battle between Kayle and Morgana raged with both seeming to be equally matched....

Institute of War

Alanila pulled herself out of the momentary total recall brought about by Geokhan's magic. The out welling of energy had surely back lashed some of her own thoughts into Geokhan's own mind. Alanila could only hope that this was not the case.

After the light from Geokhan's hand dissipated Alanila rose with her steely white eyes looking directly at Geokhan. Alanila reached into her belt sash and removed her helm placing it on her head. Not only steel herself for the mission ahead but to hide her shame that was betrayed by her face if her mind did indeed share her memories with the summoner.

"Thank you summoner. When do we leave?" Alanila said plainly in common wanting very much to begin the mission.

Geokhan

11-28-2012

Quote:
Light built up in Geokhan's hand before a magical beam erupted forth from his hand imparting information into Alanila's mind. The transfer was quick but brought forth a recent memory about the time before Alanila came to Runeterra

Avalon

The world of Avalon was in ruins with billions dead across a battle that waged beyond the scope of recorded history. Thunderheads clouded the sky, raining down upon the soon to be battlefield. The capital of this once beautiful land was to be the final battle of this conflict. Little was left of this golden city as it was one of the first taken when the fallen angels first emerged from hiding amongst the true faithful. Now however there was no place for the heathens to hide, no respite from the divine fury that was soon to befall them. After intense fighting Alanila flew in formation with Kayle leading the squads front. They had punched through the enemy lines and were tasked with finishing whatever foul power commanded the fallen's armies. They landed atop the ruinous remains of a once great spire that overlooked much of the city. Looking down Alanila could see that the ground was littered with the bodies of heretics. She saw fledglings amongst the slain but this phased her not for no true child of the light would practice dark magics. To Alanila that made them less than people, it made them monsters, monsters to be slain. Kayle turned and spoke to them as the heaviest fighting was surely ahead.

"Brothers, Sisters today marks the end of a war that has ravaged for a over a millennium! Look how they devolve with their dark magics and see what it has done to them! To this city! But fear not for we bring justice to this land. Together we will go into whatever foul hole they hide in and wipe out this plague that has splintered our race for so long. Many that we face may have once been family but know that they are now monsters. Twisted into foul beings that merely resemble friendly faces. They are an infestation plaguing the hearts and minds of our race. It all ends here, may your wings be swift in battle and your sword strike true."

Her squad descended behind Kayle into the heart of the now appropriately named black city. Alanila had witnessed many perversions of magic in her time but none so extreme as these. They found demonic circles where profane blood rites bestowed horrible powers to entire legions of fallen. It seemed that as the tides of war turned deeper did the fallen plunge into dark magic. Alanila was on edge as they neared a temple that rested at the cities heart. Kayle ordered a sweep of the building as she sensed dark magics within. As they entered the once holy citadel they heard echos originate from the inner chamber.

"You must all get to safety underground while the fighting is continuing. This is no place for fledglings. Now please return underground."
The youths yelled back with retorts of wanting to fight with their parents out in the fields but were denied by the voice.

Upon hearing this Kayle unfurled her wings and charged through the paned glass that obscured the hallway by which Alanila's squad had entered. Colored glass shards flew through the air and reflected light from the holy flame emitting from Kayle's sword as she flew towards Morgana at frightening speed. Alanila and her squad followed quickly after with screams echoing at their entrance. Kayle's sword swung down to smite the foul being that once was her sister but Morgana had erected a force field just in time to block the attack. She then dissipated the shield making it explode with a fantastic shock wave. Kayle was knocked back but soon came to a stop midair. The most bravest of the fledglings cast dark spells toward Kayle but she deflected them harmlessly.

"Run now! Do not fight them!"
Morgana yelled frantically.

"Wipe this plague out! Let none escape!"
Kayle ordered and no sooner had she done so did the entire squad block off their only escape. They fought but were quickly dispatched. Furious now, Morgana's eyes began to glow summoning forth a well of inky darkness along the floor sapping the very life essence of those caught within it. Morgana slain two paladins before Kayle could reengage her. By now more fallen were entering the temple horrified at the dead and dieing and furious at the still living members of Kayle's Squad.

"You killed them all! Why why would you do such a thing! They were only children!"
Morgana yelled flinging a spell at Kayle.

"They were children. Now they are monsters. You and all your kind have transformed impressionable youth into monsters with your evil magic! That is why you must be slain!" Kayle dodged the bolt of energy before flinging her own at Morgana.

"I opened there minds! I showed them that they could be more than themselves! That they could be different!"
Yelled Morgana before attacking once again.

Alanila cleaved through one of the fallen after deflecting a magical bolt hurled from above her. Blood caked her armor as she drew her blade upwards decapitating one of the fallen. Below the terrible battle between Kayle and Morgana raged with both seeming to be equally matched....

Institute of War

Alanila pulled herself out of the momentary total recall brought about by Geokhan's magic. The out welling of energy had surely back lashed some of her own thoughts into Geokhan's own mind. Alanila could only hope that this was not the case.

After the light from Geokhan's hand dissipated Alanila rose with her steely white eyes looking directly at Geokhan. Alanila reached into her belt sash and removed her helm placing it on her head. Not only steel herself for the mission ahead but to hide her shame that was betrayed by her face if her mind did indeed share her memories with the summoner.

"Thank you summoner. When do we leave?" Alanila said plainly in common wanting very much to begin the mission.

Geokhan fell back towards his desk. He was doing his best to not scream in agony. Apparently the knowledge sharing process in magic caused him pain. Reliving the pain of his transformation. He was breathing heavily. He had seen the images...but they were too horrible to believe...Children...However, the process made it impossible to lie.

War is hell.

Geokhan massaged his left arm.

"Tomorrow, before midday. If I need to get something specific for you, be it food or potion, I need to know now. If that is all, you BOTH can leave."

Geokhan turned to the assassin.

"Please send in Dojel and Yoshi in on your way out, Eclair."

Emperor Titus

11-28-2012

Yoshi walks back in to Geokhan's office after seeing Eclair leaving. He climbs back up to the desk and looks at Geokhan with a concerned look at his face.

You...okay? You seem to be...freaked out or something.

Geokhan

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshi the Great View Post
Yoshi walks back in to Geokhan's office after seeing Eclair leaving. He climbs back up to the desk and looks at Geokhan with a concerned look at his face.

You...okay? You seem to be...freaked out or something.
Geokhan relaxed a bit with the assassin apparently out of sight and in the presence of trustworthy people like Dojel and Yoshi. Two people Geokhan had files on and had read, one out of curiosity and the other for preparation for the inevitable meeting.

"A bit of sleep and I'll...I'll be okay. Just... It hurts when I do that. I got... the angel talking Common... by the way. Her name is Alanila."

Geokhan eyes the office warily. Searching for an oddly shaped shadow....he sees nothing. Geokhan goes and falls into his chair.

"I don't like that assassin. I need you and Dojel to watch her. The Angel is as well, but keep Alanila in check. Not decapitations for a cheeky remark about Kayle. I need to know I can count on you three. Can I?"

Geokhan reaches into the desk and pulls a mason jar of dirt out and 'drinks' it down. He isn't fazed by it and replaces the jar in the desk...the dirt didn't help with the pain.

SmileyDemon

11-28-2012

Alanila leaves the office behind her eager to learn more about Runeterra while waiting for the mission to truly begin. With this in mind she set off to the leagues library.

Emperor Titus

11-28-2012

Quote:
Geokhan relaxed a bit with the assassin apparently out of sight and in the presence of trustworthy people like Dojel and Yoshi. Two people Geokhan had files on and had read, one out of curiosity and the other for preparation for the inevitable meeting.

"A bit of sleep and I'll...I'll be okay. Just... It hurts when I do that. I got... the angel talking Common... by the way. Her name is Alanila."

Geokhan eyes the office warily. Searching for an oddly shaped shadow....he sees nothing. Geokhan goes and falls into his chair.

"I don't like that assassin. I need you and Dojel to watch her. The Angel is as well, but keep Alanila in check. Not decapitations for a cheeky remark about Kayle. I need to know I can count on you three. Can I?"

Geokhan reaches into the desk and pulls a mason jar of dirt out and 'drinks' it down. He isn't fazed by it and replaces the jar in the desk...the dirt didn't help with the pain.
I'm willing to give out a third eye. Yoshi says with confidence. If there's something fishy about the assassin and the angel, I would have known already. A great person always says...his voice becomes raspy to imitate the Grand General of Noxus...be five steps ahead!

Oh and what did you figure out about this Alanila angel?