Trouble in Kalamanda

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyDemon View Post
(( It is Tel'Quessir Elvish or Tolkien Elvish which is based off of Latin and of Tolkiens own design to sound beautiful when spoken. Not many people know that he was also linguist. They actually teach Elvish Syntax in some colleges. Also: Pleasure meeting you little friend. I do not understand these humans.))

((Psst I was talking to you a second ago btw.))

Aproxima

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
"Being bounded to an Arachia has its perks. Centuries of knowledge for one, and the trip was one for the books. If you are not hired to take something from Kalamanda, be it Brackern or crystal, then I will allow you to go.

Yoshi, I apologize, but I have been getting requests for scientific teams to go investigate Kalamanda from everyone and their mother. Now that there is an issue, I wanted to send my own team, but I haven't been here long enough to make an official squad. Hence the esteemed company before you. I frankly don't know what is going on down there, but I suspect it isn't latent magic. I suspect an outside influence has come uninvited. If Bandle City wants to send someone, I have little time to clear an envoy....but you...I think I can trust not to abuse the Brackern or their crystals.

Word of warning to the mages here. Any who seek to affect the Arachia directly will be met with fierce resistance. The crystals are not living, but defend themselves. I have word that they disintegrate their attackers. Mine did so to a powerful mage who sought to bound to it without being chosen by it. So my advice is to avoid contact. If you need to move an Arachia, do your best to show it you only wish to take it to a bounded Brackern, cause you better be going to Skarner. He knows what to do from there.

As for the Angel..."

Geokhan beckons her over.

"The Arachia is capable of sharing vast amounts of knowledge. Perhaps, it can share with one not bounded. Maybe a small thing, like a voice."

((Whew....these monster posts...OP...my fingers hurt....jk))
So Geokhan accepted her into the mission, good, very good. Now path to her own goals was open. She stood there waiting until they are ready to head out.
Éclair looks at the angel " Just a small amount of blood and I'm sure I could translate what she is speaking to common language. "

SmileyDemon

11-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geokhan View Post
((Psst I was talking to you a second ago btw.))
((Other than saying how Alanila doesn't understand you I think you can continue as I'm in front of you atm.))

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-28-2012

Quote:
((Other than saying how Alanila doesn't understand you I think you can continue as I'm in front of you atm.))
((You didn't react to the waving over signal geokhan sent so I'll just do what I want later. You will decide if it works or not.))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aproxima View Post
So Geokhan accepted her into the mission, good, very good. Now path to her own goals was open. She stood there waiting until they are ready to head out.
Éclair looks at the angel " Just a small amount of blood and I'm sure I could translate what she is speaking to common language. "

"I wouldn't trust that, and I won't encourage it to her." Allowing the ***** on the mission is one thing, trusting her was another matter.

"Alright, Angel here I think I will speak to after, I got a couple of tricks, but if all else fails there is a summoning ritual that will allow communication, albeit temporarily.

About the quest, I will open a portal that will get you near the source of the magical emanations. Hopefully it doesn't trigger some kind of alarm or magical backlash, but I have no time to wait for the lot of you to take a blimp. Extraction is iffy. If I can hold the portal, great. If not, I have a locked down portal in Skarner's hut. Trouble is you have to find it and hope he lets you use it. I haven't had contact with Skarner all week, but he could be meditating, investigating the emissions himself, or their could just be magical interference blocking communication.

Lethal force is authorized if the situation demands it, but a couple of live mouths would make League interrogators happy. You see ANY Brackern related artifact, and it stays put or Skarner gets it. I will gather foodstuffs and climbing gear for you, as I don't know the region.

Is there any questions or requests about the mission?"

Aproxima

11-28-2012

Éclair sighed " Or I could get a bit of her blood and learn her language. Which in fact would be the simplest way of communicating with her. "
She asked a simple question when Geokhan asked them " When? "

Geokhan

11-28-2012

Quote:
Éclair sighed " Or I could get a bit of her blood and learn her language. Which in fact would be the simplest way of communicating with her. "
She asked a simple question when Geokhan asked them " When? "

"Tomorrow at around 10 AM. I need to gather what I need to send you all off. Iron rations, runes for the portal, withdraw money for pay, tell the bureaucrats that I got a team and to shut up."

Under his breath Geokhan grumbles, "I hate this job."

"Dojel and Yoshi, try to get the Angel to wait outside. I want to talk to you two privately. Assassin, you stay here. We need to talk."

"If anyone else needs something, please wait outside."

((Whenever I can talk IC privately with a couple of you...namely Dojel, Eclair, Alanila, and Yoshi. I want to throw you all in, but Storywise, Geokhan would want to have a private word with those people.))

Aproxima

11-28-2012

Éclair pulls out a diary and writes something there.
When Geokhan asks others to leave, she waits until there are only two of them - she and Geokhan " Yes? What is it? "

Geokhan

11-28-2012

Quote:
Éclair pulls out a diary and writes something there.
When Geokhan asks others to leave, she waits until there are only two of them - she and Geokhan " Yes? What is it? "

"Just a couple questions. Who are you? Who sent you? You tell me to trust you and that you're here to help. Frankly, I feel I ought to just tell you to bugger off. What are you after?"

Geokhan pauses for a moment.

"...wait. You're a bloodmage. You're after a Brackern, aren't you?"

Colonel qt

11-28-2012

((I can't tell if I'm still in, then again...I don't provide very much detail :/))

Aproxima

11-28-2012

Éclair bowed " I am descendant of noble blood Éclair Yekaterina Coraline Mercury Pyxis Jade Efreet. And as of now I am after helping you. "
She chuckled a bit " Who sent me? Now that is a secret of course, a privacy of trade. "
The blood in her palm was still not visible to anyone " Why would you think that? "