Spirit of the Spectral Wraith: Is it just me, or...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GG Crono

12-15-2012

...is it kind of underwhelming in comparison to the other Spirit Stone upgrades? Ancient Golem gives you loads of HP and Tenacity, Elder Lizard gives you a good amount of AD and a good DoT.

Spectral Wraith, on the other hand, ostensibly the item for AP junglers, gives you no more AP then just getting the Revolver would. The spellvamp is... okay, and CDR is always nice, but for the price of upgrading from a Spirit Stone to this, you could buy a Needlessly Large Rod, and it seems to me that there is little reason why you wouldn't want one of those instead.

I appreciate the spirit (heh heh) of the item, but I really think that either it needs to be buffed, or there needs to be another AP Jungler item. (Maybe one that builds out of Madred's Razors? That item could use another build path.)

Toxinia

12-15-2012

buff the spellvamp to 100%
huehuehuehhue

CaptSchwann

12-15-2012

You have to look at the big picture instead of just 'stats'.
AD and AP items are in 2 diff categories. And we all know AP costs more than AD.
The fact most AP junglers scale harder on ap than an AD jungler would scale on ad, is there.

Joebags

12-15-2012

I think if they added a bit of HP onto Spectral Wraith i'd probably consider buying it. At the moment though it basically just provides sustain, and ends up eating up a slot late game. I don't really know who it's worth buying on. The AP it provides is very poor (seriously, spirit of lizard elder gives +50 AD but spectral wraith only gives +40 AP?). The spell vamp and CDR are nice but I'd almost always rather turn that hextech revolver into a WoTA/Gunblade.

Soup Miner

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptSchwann View Post
You have to look at the big picture instead of just 'stats'.
AD and AP items are in 2 diff categories. And we all know AP costs more than AD.
The fact most AP junglers scale harder on ap than an AD jungler would scale on ad, is there.
AP does not cost more than AD.
AP is almost twice as cheap as AD.

Spectral wraith is one of 3 items mages can build for spell vamp. Slim pickings.

GG Crono

12-15-2012

Honestly, I would be perfectly happy if it gave more AP or more CDR and less spellvamp.

GG Crono

12-15-2012

Polite bump for more discussion?