Not following the meta is not trolling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lockpooh

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicódemus View Post
just cuz you dont feel like following the meta doesnt mean you are trolling and will get banned, it does likly mean that your team will rage and lose anyway cuz they arnt really trying thus "proving" that your non meta pick was the whole downfall. weather it really was or not.
You are posting on the wrong forum.

Not picking with the meta? Reported.
Giving up first blood? Reported.
Kill Securing? Reported.
AFKer comes back to find you last hitting in his lane? Reported.
You are solo playing with a tripple or quadra queue? Reported.
Hurricane Sandy blows your house to the land of OZ? Reported.
Initiate a /surrender because the score is 0/44 at 20 minutes? Reported.

The list goes on, but I'm sure you can figure out the numerous other reportable infractions your team mates will hold you to.

PINK PARAKEET

11-27-2012

The meta isn't a build for a champ. The meta is bruiser types solo top, ap mid, jungler, and adc/support bottom. Challenging the meta is no jungle, two mid, adc solo etc. Karthus jungling is not breaking the meta because you still have a jungler.
As far as experimenting/using different builds for a champ goes, some are trolling/bad, some are not.
For example, AP teemo is viable, AD teemo is viable. AP nuke Soraka could be viable if a player did it right.
Also btw, people who try and ADC with support like Sona, that's not viable because every other carry can do the job better than she can. Of course AD Sona will still be doing a lot of damage with her auto attacks, but thats because of the items she has, its not like shes out damaging other real ADCs. What makes it a troll build is that her abilities aren't helping her in the same way that other ADCs abilities help her.
Just wanted to clear that up for the people who believe its "viable"

Meshly

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINK PARAKEET View Post
The meta isn't a build for a champ. The meta is bruiser types solo top, ap mid, jungler, and adc/support bottom. Challenging the meta is no jungle, two mid, adc solo etc. Karthus jungling is not breaking the meta because you still have a jungler.
As far as experimenting/using different builds for a champ goes, some are trolling/bad, some are not.
For example, AP teemo is viable, AD teemo is viable. AP nuke Soraka could be viable if a player did it right.
Also btw, people who try and ADC with support like Sona, that's not viable because every other carry can do the job better than she can. Of course AD Sona will still be doing a lot of damage with her auto attacks, but thats because of the items she has, its not like shes out damaging other real ADCs. What makes it a troll build is that her abilities aren't helping her in the same way that other ADCs abilities help her.
Just wanted to clear that up for the people who believe its "viable"
Meta is just doing what people expect you to do becuase everyone does it. (Like Ezreal according to the Meta must be played as an ADC becuase every other Ezreal goes ADC and if you build him otherwise you will just be regarded as making your team worse.)

Zlain

11-27-2012

If characters can be built and played viably as either AP or AD there is no reason they can't be the AP carry or the AD carry. However most of the champs able to do this are still better one way over the other due to that way giving them the better scaling option. i might 0.5 from AD but i get 0.7 from AP, etc. ADCs mostly do all their damage with their auto attack, where as their abilities help them bring the Hp down a little faster/keep them in range of the target. With that in mind Ez for example is better built as an ADC then an APC. And no the meta is exactly as was stated. 1 ADC 1 Sup 1 APC 1 Bruiser 1 Jungle. Who fills these roles mean nothing in terms of the meta. If you have 2 adcs, no sup, or no jung etc, then you are breaking the meta. you also put your team at risk of stacking too much of 1 type of damage making counter building your team a little easier. just my opinion.

Yourcatmolested

11-27-2012

While I agree that it's not trolling, doing completely stupid things like picking a second ADC to go bot, or not building relatively useful items IS.

Meshly

11-27-2012

To those who say what type (Like a tanky dps go top) is the the meta. It's actually just part of the meta. And since worshiping people with Red Names is the part of our current meta I'll link something special to you.

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...17835#31217835

slyguy6802

11-27-2012

I agree. Check out some of the Ideas I have on what may be called "trolling".

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=meta