How do you get banned?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OrnyOrnyOrny

12-06-2012

How do you receive a perma-ban? I'm not exactly willing to find out the hard way, but I have had multiple suspensions over my years playing the game. I would like to know how to avoid being banned for life so that I can enjoy this game for a good 10 or 20 more years, if my aptitude and love for the game hold up that long.

Kirska

12-06-2012

Be nice to people *no matter what* and play the game. That's honestly all it takes. I find it remarkable that so many people have a hard time with this.

OrnyOrnyOrny

12-06-2012

While some people act like animals, others human, and others strangely robotic, I'm aware that a bad attitude gets you banned. I'm only curious over how many bans, if there is a set amount. Does your bad history get cleared away over time? Do Rioters just say f this and ban bad apples sometimes?

Kirska

12-06-2012

I'm only curious as to why this is even a question. If you don't want to be banned, be nice to people. Riot can choose to do whatever they want whenever they want. If you're nice you have nothing to worry about. If you're toxic you're most likely going to be banned, if not now then later. So don't be toxic.

SpicyCanadian

12-06-2012

Does ban stack or does it get diminishing value over the year. Like say i got banned one for afk when i was level 5 and not banned for the past years. Rhetorically speaking does the first ban at level 5 counts towards the second one

OrnyOrnyOrny

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuraxian View Post
Does ban stack or does it get diminishing value over the year. Like say i got banned one for afk when i was level 5 and not banned for the past years. Rhetorically speaking does the first ban at level 5 counts towards the second one
This is pretty much the question I've been asking. Being a nice guy is great and all, but some of us would like to understand how the system works.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrnyOrnyOrny View Post
This is pretty much the question I've been asking. Being a nice guy is great and all, but some of us would like to understand how the system works.
just search the forums. This question gets answered atleast 10 times a day.

OrnyOrnyOrny

12-06-2012

I have been. - . -

Kirska

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrnyOrnyOrny View Post
Usually you have a few bans of increasing duration leading to a permaban, but as I already said, Riot can choose to do whatever they do whenever they want. There is a general guide, but there is no strict system. If you want to keep your account for years, then be nice to people. It really truly is that simple and should not be that hard.

800eloPubtrash

12-06-2012

Riot has claimed that your punishment tier goes down with either time or games played or both, idk which, but they did say it goes down if you don't get punished.