Playing with level 20 noobs

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ggwp nice try

11-26-2012

Hi, im a player who has been playing for about 4 months. I feel I have gained a considerable amount of skill and wish I could play with level 30s.
Anyway, I was playing a game and in the champion select i chose amumu and to jungle. I then was bombarded by a onslaught of foul language and called a noob for jungling. My fellow players said I am a idiot for jungling. My question is, how can people be this bad at a game?

first time Vayne

11-26-2012

Welcome to the League, my friend. Some people here will rage at you for absolutely anything they can... Just wait until you get into ranked! It can get so much worse..... Work on your mediation skills while you can!

Find me in game if you want to play with level 30s. I am not currently ranked high on this account (IGN to the left), but I know my stuff. Either you're good, and we'll have some good games, or I'll teach you and we'll have some good games anyway. XD

Grisk1

11-26-2012

Unfortunately this post isn't terribly productive and is indicative of a larger problem of the MOBA community.

We're *******s.

In general, that is. For some odd reason, people (even ones who you've encountered here) are terrible and aren't aware of this simple fact. I'm bad, you're bad, probably everyone viewing this forum is bad, but we (Non pro-gamers) seem to think we have all the answers. I think Riot's awarding people for good behavior (the honor system) is a great call to help this, but I also find it somewhat depressing that the MOBA community is so bad that it needs this kind of system (and this is coming from a long time CS player...)

Barkhoof

11-26-2012

There are 2 prevailing streams of thought for those below level 20 it seems - those that want to have a jungler and the possibility of going 2v1 up top and those that want 2v2/ 1v1/ 2v2 without a jungler.

If you stated you were jungling and they called you a fool, then they are rude. When I jungle, I usually ask specifically who's going top and whether they think they can handle a 2v1 beginning - forcing them to play a little more passive 'til level 3+ because I'm doing my jungle route and then grabbing the 2v1 lane because they've pushed to the tower, thinking it's going to be an easy time.

A lot of times people aren't comfortable with a 2v1 and it's a lot easier to go for a 2v2 top or to pick up smite and jungle when you've pushed your lane and need it reset. Basically, though, until level 30 and especially with Blind Pick, the expectation is a 2v2 top with no jungle. That's not to say you can't do it or it shouldn't be the meta, but that the expectation is different <30.

first time Vayne

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grisk1 View Post
Unfortunately this post isn't terribly productive and is indicative of a larger problem of the MOBA community.

We're *******s.

In general, that is. For some odd reason, people (even ones who you've encountered here) are terrible and aren't aware of this simple fact. I'm bad, you're bad, probably everyone viewing this forum is bad, but we (Non pro-gamers) seem to think we have all the answers. I think Riot's awarding people for good behavior (the honor system) is a great call to help this, but I also find it somewhat depressing that the MOBA community is so bad that it needs this kind of system (and this is coming from a long time CS player...)
^ The truth has been spoken...albeit abrasively.

People here (heck, people in general) do tend to have over-inflated self-perceptions... But that only means that we have room to improve. And, fortunately, LoL is one of those games that offers such great depth and complexity that there is always room to improve, even for the pros. We just have to realize that we have the room to grow and not become complacent and wrapped in overconfidence.

That is why I like that the OP reached out to the community as he did. Despite his post's superficial egoism and the fact that he didn't say it explicitly, the main motivation of his coming here looking for higher level players is very likely that he realized he won't get much better by playing the "noobs" whom he currently encounters in most of his games.

At least that's what I would like his motivation to be. Part of the reason I invited him to find me was to see for myself. haha And even if it's not, I can shake any ego out of him while helping him get better by pitting him against lvl 30s. I didn't play with anyone under 1400 elo until I was lvl 30 myself, so I know all the feeding does a new player good!

Desperate Izzy

11-26-2012

Yeah i hate those people, i was on the champion selection screen and someone auto locked after i had said don't auto lock, anyways that wasn't the problem problem was some troll telling me the guy who locked in does as he wishes followed by a bunch of cursing and what not. Right away i knew that match was lost T_T, best solution for me was to rage quit in champion selection...ugh how i hate trolls!

Maniac Manny

11-26-2012

Ranked is so much fun, just brush off what you can. People are going to curse throughout your League of Legends career so I wouldn't even worry about it. Add me if you want to play some games, 1400+ ELO in Season 2, I was so close to gold.

ggwp nice try

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
Welcome to the League, my friend. Some people here will rage at you for absolutely anything they can... Just wait until you get into ranked! It can get so much worse..... Work on your mediation skills while you can!

Find me in game if you want to play with level 30s. I am not currently ranked high on this account (IGN to the left), but I know my stuff. Either you're good, and we'll have some good games, or I'll teach you and we'll have some good games anyway. XD
Thank you so much bro. I sent you a friend request and would love to play some games to get better. I need to learn some things such as warding, and efficient ganking. Thanks for the encouragement.

iralos7713

11-27-2012

I have somewhat of the same problem. I am level 19 and still people keep there habits from when they were brand new to the game, i.e. ignoring cs while attacking one single minion, not grouping up, etc. I try to brush it off and play with my friends as often as possible, all of which are level 30. I am terrified of solo queue.