Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Zephyr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NoGoodInGoodbye

11-26-2012

Quote:
Vulking:
It's a trade off, you chose AS+MS+Crit+No uUnit Collision or AS+MS+AD+Tenacity

Also, there are champions that can delay crit in favor of more AD and other stats, like Graves and Draven.

But that's because they can build BT. It's sub par to PD for Carries the Tenacity is pretty much void cos if they're focused they're dead ( Scimitar is a much safer choice) Also bruisers/tank champs don't get enough out of it to warrant it over mercs considering how accessible merc treads are.

IonDragonX

11-26-2012

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
Zephyr is a bruiser item. You shouldn't be getting this on an AD carry.

Its also a good assassin item. I played Rengar with Tiamat into Zephyr into Sword of the Ruined King.... Real terror

JedimasterDarren

11-27-2012

Zephyr has worked fine for me to go with cooldown boots since I already have tenacity with Zephyr. That gives me 25 cooldown if I use 21 points in the Defense tree, which gives 0 cooldown. There are alot of good items that give 15 cooldown to make a nice round 40%.

NoGoodInGoodbye

11-27-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Its also a good assassin item. I played Rengar with Tiamat into Zephyr into Sword of the Ruined King.... Real terror

Changing these stats would also be a buff to AD casters as they get tenacity and can still go for Ionians and the AD benifits them more than the AS. Also the AD Caster/assassin archetypes don't really have access to a suitable +MS item.

TheBuhdazzla

11-27-2012

Fiora, Tryndamere, and Yi all like Zephyr I heard, since all 3 of them scale super well with attack speed, already have damage steroids, and benefit greatly from being able to pick up Zerker Greaves over Mercs but need tenacity.

NoGoodInGoodbye

11-27-2012

Yes, and they'd still be fine if the stats were changed around. It just makes the item more stable for some heroes at the expense of being slightly worse of heroes with multiplicative scaling.

IonDragonX

11-27-2012

Quote:
NoGoodInGoodbye:
Changing these stats would also be a buff to AD casters as they get tenacity and can still go for Ionians and the AD benifits them more than the AS. Also the AD Caster/assassin archetypes don't really have access to a suitable +MS item.

Yes, exactly. The 20 extra AD isn't wasted on their scaling and the +10% MS can keep them ahead of the first PD the enemy builds. The CDR + Ionian boots work great, add Furor and the enemy never gets away. It works!
Zephyr = bruiser/assassin item

NoGoodInGoodbye

11-27-2012

Quote:
IonDragonX:
Yes, exactly. The 20 extra AD isn't wasted on their scaling and the +10% MS can keep them ahead of the first PD the enemy builds. The CDR + Ionian boots work great, add Furor and the enemy never gets away. It works!
Zephyr = bruiser/assassin item

Yeah but the way it is it too far to the side of AS over AD. 30 AD 40 AS are more suitable numbers for pretty much any champ that would want it.

Vulking

11-27-2012

Quote:
NoGoodInGoodbye:
Yeah but the way it is it too far to the side of AS over AD. 30 AD 40 AS are more suitable numbers for pretty much any champ that would want it.

You seam too fixated into "MOAR DAMAGE", you need to understand the utility, for example, no one complains at Frozen Mallet for the minimal AD it provide because it give you survivability (HP) and sticking power (slow).

Zephyr work the same, minimal damage in exchange of survivability (tenacity) and sticking power (MS), its basically a defensive PD.

NoGoodInGoodbye

11-28-2012

Quote:
Vulking:
You seam too fixated into "MOAR DAMAGE", you need to understand the utility, for example, no one complains at Frozen Mallet for the minimal AD it provide because it give you survivability (HP) and sticking power (slow).

Zephyr work the same, minimal damage in exchange of survivability (tenacity) and sticking power (MS), its basically a defensive PD.

No, no. "MOAR DAMAGE" is all relative. 40% AS is still increasing your damage output. 10 damage in exchange for 10% AS may even be a nerf to total damage output (Would definitely be on an AD carry due to the way they scale) But it gives a more stable stats, EG When you are chasing AS is less effective because the time between attacks will me used moving, also the character that would use it also mostly have AD scaling. The flat damage isn't that much of a buff it's just shifting the sustained damage to a tiny but more upfront damage.