Janna

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vaaz

11-23-2009

Ok is thier any reason why her nuke is complete ****. It does barely above normal damage (360, full charged) and has a half ass ability power ratio, takes 5 seconds to charge, has a very thin range and very easy to dodge.

Some changes, IMO, should be the throw in the air, should remain the thin line, but the damage portion has a wider range. The Charge up could be 3 seconds in stead of 5, but 65 damage a second instead of 40. And maby reduce the Cooldown by a few seconds.

Her shield could be changed to a defense buff instead of a offensive one, that might help her utility

Thatgooey

11-23-2009

Janna's twister isn't a nuke. And it will never be intended to be used as a nuke. You must first understand that Janna is a support hero/lane pusher. That being said, there are two sides to her Q spell.

First: She can be a very effective lane pusher with her ability to charge up the whirlwind and launch it at the creep wave and be able to do significant damage to it (I don't know why it needs to be wider when it is calibrated to already hit an entire creep wave).

Second: The knock up on the whirlwind is the best part about the spell. You have the ability to cancel the whirlwind change immediately and lauch a spell that has a fairly large radius in a strait line of roughly 1000 units that knocks enemies up. This is VERY useful for team play. Knock ups can be very beneficial to the team in a fight, as well as aiding in retreating. Knowing how to use the spell correctly makes or breaks the hero.

Another thing that you talk about is her shield. It actually absorbs quite a bit of damage, and the damage that it absorbs accounts for all damage types, unlike morgana's shield (although debuffs may still be applied). That being said, it also adds a hefty amount of damage. That extra damage is very helpful for killing baron and towers. All you must do is simply cast the shield on the hero with the highest attack rate on your team as an offensive use, or cast it on heroes that will be or are being targeted to absorb damage. It is a very versitle spell that can be used for either offensive or defensive purposes, which makes it a viable spell through the entire match. Janna is currently my favorite champion to play. She is very balanced, and when played correctly, can contribute a great deal to the team. I believe that her abilities provide more support throughout the game than soraka does.

banduan

11-24-2009

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=28131

I got skill guides for Gale in my Janna guide. Thatgooey is right, Gale is not really a nuke. Zephyr is.

JayceJa

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatgooey View Post
Janna's twister isn't a nuke. And it will never be intended to be used as a nuke. You must first understand that Janna is a support hero/lane pusher. That being said, there are two sides to her Q spell.

First: She can be a very effective lane pusher with her ability to charge up the whirlwind and launch it at the creep wave and be able to do significant damage to it (I don't know why it needs to be wider when it is calibrated to already hit an entire creep wave).

Second: The knock up on the whirlwind is the best part about the spell. You have the ability to cancel the whirlwind change immediately and lauch a spell that has a fairly large radius in a strait line of roughly 1000 units that knocks enemies up. This is VERY useful for team play. Knock ups can be very beneficial to the team in a fight, as well as aiding in retreating. Knowing how to use the spell correctly makes or breaks the hero.

Another thing that you talk about is her shield. It actually absorbs quite a bit of damage, and the damage that it absorbs accounts for all damage types, unlike morgana's shield (although debuffs may still be applied). That being said, it also adds a hefty amount of damage. That extra damage is very helpful for killing baron and towers. All you must do is simply cast the shield on the hero with the highest attack rate on your team as an offensive use, or cast it on heroes that will be or are being targeted to absorb damage. It is a very versitle spell that can be used for either offensive or defensive purposes, which makes it a viable spell through the entire match. Janna is currently my favorite champion to play. She is very balanced, and when played correctly, can contribute a great deal to the team. I believe that her abilities provide more support throughout the game than soraka does.
except the whirlwind is a nuke

a nuke is a spell that does good amounts of damage to the enemy in one shot

that's what whirlwind does

what you meant to say is that damaging is not the nuke primary use, but that doesn't make it any less of a nuke

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2009

Howling Gale is not a great nuke. Like many said, she's not a nuker.

Here's my tip to play her:

Her Eye of the Storm can shield your tower. It's super awesome anti-pushing tool late game.
Howling Gale is strong enough to kill some creeps late game. It's frikkin awesome for farming. It also goes across barriers, so feel free to drop one onto ghosts when you're in middle lane, etc. Once it hits level 3 or so, it will kill all the small ghosts, netting you some quick money.
Howling Gale is also great for running away. Aim it in the direction that you're going. As soon as the enemies step over it, pop them up, and Zephyr them in the air to slow them down. This almost always ensure a clean get away from a single carry.
She's very mana intensive. Do get Chalice, or you will always be out of mana.
She's bloody fast and has awesome affinity with Ghost summoner spell.

If you want to play her as an AP nuker, you have to do more of a hit and run thing. Don't worry about killing them in one go. Slowly whittle down your targets with Howling Gale and Zephyr as you run across the map. You should stack her AP to hell and back again, since her shield is equivalent to HP.

banduan

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayceJa View Post
what you meant to say is that damaging is not the nuke primary use, but that doesn't make it any less of a nuke
well yes, it is technically a nuke, but it's not really a nuke since that's not the main purpose.

Also, I would never stack AP on Janna except in the very specific circumstance your team becomes reliant on her Gale damage (e.g. when they persistently need your Gale spam against opponents camping a tower).

Pump AP for Eye of the Storm? Why do that when you can just pump HP? If you get AP up to 250 or so (i.e. high enough) it's still only an additional 250HP on whoever you buff- just 10% of end level HP, disappearing in microseconds when focus fired. Instead late on you should focus on your own survivability, ability to continue casting your spells, and ability to contribute to a fight when your spells are on CD (which they often will be since the CDs are so bad).

Thatgooey

11-24-2009

I should have worded it a little bit differently. It's main purpose is not to be used all of the time as a high damage nuke. First of all, AP Janna is not a very efficient build. That makes it hard to get her spell to do a good amount of damage. It's not to say that it doesn't deal damage at all, it's just that it shouldn't be your primary form of damage dealt. I only let the nuke charge up to it's full potential a small percentage of the time. Mainly I just find myself using it as a quick release knock up spell. But it does initiate quite well if you hide in grass and let it gain its full effect. Janna is just not, in general, a nuking hero. Her burst damage is small compared to most casters, which is what makes you a nuke hero.