%- Based Kills

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zer0blizzard

02-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lord Impaler View Post
Or just divide gold the way experience is divided, to everyone in the area rather then just the one who last-hits, that would eliminate the Kill-steal as an issue and perhaps move the game away from the "feed the carry" focus.
I think what you're saying is that you want gold divided among everyone equally, but I'm not sure whether that "everyone" is every champion in an area, regardless if they hit the target or not, or if that "everyone" is every champion that did dmg/applied a debuff.

I'm conflicted with your idea;

(assuming it's the "everyone that did dmg/applied a debuff; I hate the every champion in an area, regardless of dmg b/c it's TOO easy to get gold for doing ABSOLUTELY nothing then).

If the gold gets divided among everyone equally; then fights are more fair to gold distribution than they are now (which is normal kill gold + 50% of normal kill gold that gets divided up among the remaining teammates equally), but it doesn't allow individual players to shine as much.

If someone plays an excellent assassin (but has a support/jungler that's basically there for CC) and wins 2v2s many times in a game, then too much gold with go to the helper IMO.

However, considering most games are basically blobteamfights/decided by them around objectives (turrets, drag, baron), it is a "good enough" idea IMO.

awkwardbowman

02-26-2013

Having kills go somewhere that they shouldn't really hasn't been a problem in many of my games. So long as they're dead and I get an assist, I'm usually fine with it. If it SHOULD be my kill, I usually get it and if it should be their kill, they usually get it. It's easy enough to get the kill to go to the person you want, I don't really see this as being needed.

DraegonSpawn

02-27-2013

I think the current process works well. I know I play "Fire Support," as Soraka or Nidalee. I beat them down to 20-40% health and then let my lane buddy finish it. With your approach late game support wouldn't be able to get ANY gold. OH NO Soraka did 2% of that guys health, she gets 2% of 300 gold for the kill...6 gold. I would go farm minions at that point. Your approach makes dealing damage the only thing that matters. Sorry I don't support it.

Zer0blizzard

03-01-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraegonSpawn View Post
I think the current process works well. I know I play "Fire Support," as Soraka or Nidalee. I beat them down to 20-40% health and then let my lane buddy finish it. With your approach late game support wouldn't be able to get ANY gold. OH NO Soraka did 2% of that guys health, she gets 2% of 300 gold for the kill...6 gold. I would go farm minions at that point. Your approach makes dealing damage the only thing that matters. Sorry I don't support it.
Supports, basically by definition, have the lowest gold of any role. While early game "fire supports" are useful, they are mediocre mid game and basically ignored late game (I like the title). Nidalee is a prime example. She either has to get fed (which takes gold away from the carry) or get lucky. Even the best players in the world don't usually play Nidalee support because she doesn't help out that much in teamfights late game, which is where games are usually decided.

Non-tank supports do no meaningful dmg in a teamfight (they are mainly used for targeting CC, like Sona/Nami/Lulu), and their dmg early game is barely on par with carry's abilities. Supports, therefore, really do need GP5s to keep up, or maybe they should be buffed or simply not played if you want gold from kills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraegonSpawn View Post
OH NO Soraka did 2% of that guys health, she gets 2% of 300 gold for the kill...6 gold. I would go farm minions at that point.
Your percentage of health is right. Your gold is not far off; (in a teamfight, let's assume a fed (4+ kills) target, but it requires all 5 of you to kill) 800 gold (300 base+500 gold bonus) for the killer, and 50% gets divided up for assists with everyone else (so 400/4 = 100 gold for your assist under the current system). That's a likely scenario. What about the 300/2 (50% of normal gold goes to assisters) = 150/4 = 37.5 assisters scenario? You'd be better off killing a siege minion at ~37 gold starting.

One problem with your "oh I'll just go farm" argument. You shouldn't. Supports are meant to basically be butt buddies with the carry. If you have 4 teammates about to teamfight vs 5 enemies but you don't want to be there because you'd rather get more gold from farm than from fighting, then you are not helping your team. LOL is about winning, and you'd get more gold AND be more likely to win by killing enemies in that teamfight then turrets then minions that spawn in response to dead turrets, and then pushing your now fed teammates to victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardbowman View Post
Having kills go somewhere that they shouldn't really hasn't been a problem in many of my games. So long as they're dead and I get an assist, I'm usually fine with it. If it SHOULD be my kill, I usually get it and if it should be their kill, they usually get it. It's easy enough to get the kill to go to the person you want, I don't really see this as being needed.
This is the argument that I find is the most counter to my idea. Considering that you were nice and respectful about presenting such a valid point, I thank you for your post and I ask in return, does my idea inflict harm to the overall state of gold distribution? If it does, I'm here to hear it.

Otherwise, while you may be right in that this idea may not *be* needed for *every* game, it certainly wouldn't hurt *every* game, and in more games than not, it would probably help, I'm guessing.

Zer0blizzard

03-07-2013

Waiting for responses.

Recaiden

03-16-2013

How about someone who lands a stun, securing a entirely through that ability, but does no other damage, or a negligible percentage, while allies kill them? They clearly deserve a good portion of the gold. This is pretty unbalanced.

Zer0blizzard

03-20-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
How about someone who lands a stun, securing a entirely through that ability, but does no other damage, or a negligible percentage, while allies kill them? They clearly deserve a good portion of the gold. This is pretty unbalanced.
There would be no difference between the old system and the new system then. Sounds like the current system is pretty unbalanced.