Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Evelynn Mid

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jumajuma

Recruiter

11-26-2012

Hello,

I have recently started playing Evelynn as mid, and I am really enjoying it. I can roam and feels like i do some decent damage late game too.

On a game last night the opposing mid picked Morde and it was difficult to play against him at the start. But i figured all i needed to do is just hold my tower and make sure i beat him in CS and don't die to him until mid/late game.
But the entire game collapsed, by the 8 minute mark my team mates managed to die 12 times, I was still 0/0. Game went bad and I got raged at for picking Evelynn as a mid champ.

Another game, jungle Rengar tower dives Katarina a few minutes in to the game then proceeds to die two more times to her by the 6 minute mark. Her being obviously feed so early in the game I had no chance. And I got raged at for Evelyn being useless when it comes to damage output.

Are they right? is Evelynn really a bad champ? in my other games I absolutely destroyed but I have only played 4 games with her so far.

Solemendal

11-26-2012

she is either win or lose really fast kindo like yi

WhoopsiGoldburg

11-26-2012

I think eve can still be a good mid champ even after the deathfire nerfs. I always got stomped by mordes and anyone that could push the lane hard.

ArcaneAddiction

11-26-2012

No, she's not bad, but she does have a lot of counters due to her being a cross between melee and ranged. Plus, her q is outranged by most mid champs, which means she can be harassed like mad and terribly denied cs especially early game. Still, I've seen people do great with her mid. Just a matter of knowing how to deal with your counters, I guess.

She is a great wanderer because of her stealth and high mobility, so if you're winning your lane or your opponent is gone for the moment, it can be way more helpful to your team to go ganking than to try and push your tower down or pick up extra farm.

But those two games you mentioned, if you weren't feeding or being completely outfarmed, it sounds like just poor luck and raging teammates. Evelynn is my favourite champ, and she is *not* useless!

BTW, I don't go mid with Ev. When I play her, it's usually Twisted Treeline (she is amazing in TT) or solo top against a melee champ 'cos I can make them absolutely miserable by poking with my q and making quick escapes with my w. I've 1v2'ed top with her very successfully before, but obviously that depends on ganks and how aggressive your opponents are. Just be warned, if you take her top, build as tanky as you can without killing your damage output. Squishy and top isn't generally a harmonious mix, lol.

Also, are you building AP or AD? AD is good for sustained damage, but if you want to gank, I'd go with plenty o' bursty AP goodness. Try both, see which one you like better.

In closing, EVELYNN RULES! Please don't give up on her yet.

Jumajuma

Recruiter

11-26-2012

Quote:
Emilie Brooke:

Also, are you building AP or AD? AD is good for sustained damage, but if you want to gank, I'd go with plenty o' bursty AP goodness. Try both, see which one you like better.

In closing, EVELYNN RULES! Please don't give up on her yet.

I build her AP, and push mid to their tower then go roam and gank. I have not tried her top lane or doing the AD build.

I must say she is immensely satisfying to play, she seems to be built for ambushing people and mind fing them. I smile every time i force my opponent to spend money of vision wards and they place them in the middle of the lane, just because they are so nervous about her being invisible

youngbasedking

11-27-2012

Eve is a middle of the pack as an AP champion. She won't trade well with many champs in lane, but she can definitely have a game changing presence. Her ganking ability is great because of her mobility and that regular wards won't work on her if she hasn't broken stealth. She doesn't need blue as much as other champs. Mid to late game, Eve's priority is to kill carries. The key to this is her entrance timing into team battles. She should come in when the enemy team is distracted and there is an open lane to the squishiest champion. She's pretty squishy herself so she is also reliant on her ult and w to stay alive.

The most underrated aspect of her imo is her ability to take down towers. With her e, she can quickly chip off a tower's health away.