caits traps

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

midknightman

11-26-2012

i just think her traps should be unlimited with a 5 min duration. there really not that great. only good for stoping opponents for a sec or 2 and letting you know where they are.

Vuther

11-26-2012

Caitlyn places a line of traps through her lane.

The lane is never ganked. EVER.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Oh hey look, I've held down a target for 2 seconds. I can now shoot at them with no retaliation other than maybe one spell, making sure I come out on top of that trade and increasing my elbow room in the lane.

Seriously, learn to be aggressive with your advantages.

midknightman

11-26-2012

i agree with vuther u can only place 3 traps so its a pain to use them effectively

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by midknightman View Post
i agree with vuther u can only place 3 traps so its a pain to use them effectively
Vuther was sarcastically pointing out how that would not be balanced. The spell has a low cost and a cooldown less than 20 seconds. You could literally have 19 traps placed with that setup from level 1 and make it literally impossible to go anywhere near her without her knowing far in advance.

Helemdia

11-26-2012

Easy way to fix it is make the limit 2 at rank 1 and then 6 a rank 5... I dont agree with unlimited, the only way teemo gets semi unlimited (but really doesnt) is because its his ult. Nid's traps don't snare. The change I am proposing for her traps makes them a choice to get early or not. Opting for them early means you can lock down your lane, or not but you would have to make the choice and it would have its advantages and disadvantages.

OH and by the way... I have only played Cait when she is Free to Play... so not an expert opinion but an opinion that comes from playing against her and i would find this tweak completely reasonable.

midknightman

11-26-2012

cool down i think is 19 sec's but really the traps are weak. even if some one is chasing you and you drop one they have a trap set time so most the time they walk over it and dont get bothered. maybe they should have a damage upgrade? just throwing thoughts out there. i only play cait, ashe, and hemi. rarley ill try some one else. or instant set?

Bombkirby

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helemdia View Post
Easy way to fix it is make the limit 2 at rank 1 and then 6 a rank 5... I dont agree with unlimited, the only way teemo gets semi unlimited (but really doesnt) is because its his ult. Nid's traps don't snare. The change I am proposing for her traps makes them a choice to get early or not. Opting for them early means you can lock down your lane, or not but you would have to make the choice and it would have its advantages and disadvantages.

OH and by the way... I have only played Cait when she is Free to Play... so not an expert opinion but an opinion that comes from playing against her and i would find this tweak completely reasonable.
Seems like a good idea. There's no reason to level traps at all. No interesting choices to make. Just Q and lowering the CD on your escape.

Alithalor

11-27-2012

Huh, I would be amazed if you had more than 200 games. Her Traps are pretty much free wards, can stop aggression, watch for ganks, zone enemies, give you bush control.

If you had an unlimited number of them at Rank 5 (8 second CD) you would never lose a game. Cait could just trap her entire base 6-7 rows deep and just sit back and laugh. Heck she wouldn't need a team because the Towers would kill for her.

fletche00

11-27-2012

Her traps are not free wards as they do not reveal anything except for a split second when they are laid, and reveals the person who steps on them.

Her traps are fine the way they are, it would be nice for an extra one, but its all about predicting your enemies movement patterns to place them properly.