The solution is nocturne top lane

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FreakinEpic808

11-26-2012

I am in disbelief at how awesome this is working, so far i've won 8/8 lane phases and 7/8 games with him. I know this isn't much data to work with, but i've been able to shut down irelia, jayce and even DARIUS! All you have to do is be really aggressive on levels 1-3 and watch your mana pool, don't use q unless you're going to follow it up.

I usually start with boots or cloth armor and get zerks greaves, wriggles or bloodthirster, and frozen mallet first with situational defense later, MAW is also really great.
*******http://i.imgur.com/qEd3u.png********

FreakinEpic808

11-27-2012

bump because i beat irelia again and am 7/1 in top lane for W/L

RhiffRhaff

11-27-2012

Cool, been wondering about this myself I may have to try it out.

awesomejak

11-27-2012

Awesome... Congrats to you beating irelia top is not an easy task... I have been wondering where to put Noc myself since I just can't jungle. I will have to try him top.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-27-2012

I find those irelias suspect though

masterdragon481

11-27-2012

Personally, I am a bit shocked you have had so much success with this. I know that nocturne is a wonderful duelist, but with his unfortunate lane pushing (via passive and Q), I would not have thought it would have been a good lane; he would get ganked all the time. But perhaps I will try it, since you seem to have had luck.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdragon481 View Post
Personally, I am a bit shocked you have had so much success with this. I know that nocturne is a wonderful duelist, but with his unfortunate lane pushing (via passive and Q), I would not have thought it would have been a good lane; he would get ganked all the time. But perhaps I will try it, since you seem to have had luck.
I'm the opposite. Nocturn doesn't seem like a bad toplaner. He doesn't seem like a particularly good one either due mostly too his squishiness and synergy with AS which gets countered fairly easily and often due to the need to counter ADCs. But ultimately he will have some issues with getting ganked and lane control I think.

Edit: before I get more people pointing out the obvious, there are champs that can do better than noc and some he has an advantage over. This is obvious. He's not a bad choice but its not just about the laning phase and escaping ganks. It's about whether or not noc is what your team needs. The answer can be yes or no. Its the same reason you send talon top even when he's not there to counter anybody in toplane

Reelando Orb

11-27-2012

I believe that! I have played with Nocturne when he first came out and even today he is still good for top lane.

I don't think people realize how well he can be at top lane.

An00bus2

11-27-2012

nope

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-27-2012

I think nocturns passive would probably be is greatest weakness in toplane