Roaming fiora in dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

11-26-2012

Definitions aside, Fiora is pretty terrible at both ganking bot or backdooring. She has no disengage and no way to stick to a target (lol lunge). You'd have better luck with tryndamare, though I wouldn't recommend playing him on dominion.

She's not a solo hero, why would you ever play her like one.

67chrome

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyDeadGrandma View Post
Definitions aside, Fiora is pretty terrible at both ganking bot or backdooring. She has no disengage and no way to stick to a target (lol lunge). You'd have better luck with tryndamare, though I wouldn't recommend playing him on dominion.

She's not a solo hero, why would you ever play her like one.
She's not great at backdooring, I've tried it with her and it only works when it would work with any champion. Would be nice if she had some sort of escape/disengage for that. It would be nice if she had any escape mechanisms in general. With the changes coming to Tiamat I could see her being as viable as Katarina in Summoner's Rift - if she had the same mobility, which would be pretty cool. With Fiora's kit I just don't know why you'd go places nobody else was though.

She's not bad at ganking, 2 gap closers and a speed boost allows her to stick to targets better than most champions, so it's not like she's incapable of chasing. Then there's always those clutch max-range ultimates to HEA! HA! HEAHA! HA! HYA! people to death. She also has base 325 MS, which isn't bad, so it's not like she can't chase.

Tryndamere is horrible, he has no burst and can do close to nothing for the first 20 minutes (unless he goes AP). Fiora at least has enough ability spam and steroids to hurt things without items. Double-gap closer is pretty handy to, handy enough to merit investing in plenty of CDR.

Also, she is a solo hero - she's a duelist by nature and design, and can beat up most champions in 1v1 situations (well, at least 50/50 for anyone that isn't cheesecake tier, better odds than that if you rush a Youmuu's). It's just not a great idea to do so when you can get a beefier target to initiate skirmishes for you up top. Blade Waltz is much better at defending or capturing points as well, and can get robbed in the jungle via clutch brush jukes. Also, even though she's melee, having no skillshots makes brush slightly evil; face-checking brush isn't the greatest thing to be doing, especially with a squishier champ that has less time to react to getting bushwhacked, and especially if an enemy Teemo decides to decorate.

She's fine at ganking and assaulting capture points, I'd just do it when you have some backup and are fighting someone. It's funner killing two enemies on their turret by ulting them then proceeding to take the point than it is to attempt to ninja the point and get buttsexed by two enemies. Her ultimate is also generally better the more people you smack with it, which makes defending windmill and assaulting windmill a better place for her.

urmamasllama

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricedream5 View Post
Roaming snowballs games if you're already winning. If you're not though...

Offtopicly, I also suggest building Infinity + 4 Executioner's Callings with Fiora for the lols. R procs lifesteal.
Items suggestions are good well one exec anyway but snowballing in dominion?

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmamasllama View Post
Items suggestions are good well one exec anyway but snowballing in dominion?
Nunu SNowballs where he pleases

DaRatmastah

11-27-2012

Controlling the jungle and ganking bottom lane are key to winning dominion matches. If fiora works for you for this, good for you =) You also might want to try someone with some CC and a gap closer, like Nocturne or Xin Zhao.

TCWA Tigerbite

11-27-2012

Please don't take about Fiora. She's too amazing to be drug through the dirt by you guys. Lifesteal ftw. Unkillable!