Pre-Gold Elo is Luck

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Archaic Zeus

11-26-2012

So now I'm onto my 5th solo queue game in a row that has been lost. 2 of which we actually got stomped, but the majority of the losses was from people either trolling or throwing the game. Last game I just played we were so far ahead, won early game and mid game. However even with that we can't win if its a 4v5 engage because someone got caught out or engaged 3 times in a row by themselves. Exact same thing happened in a previous game. On the third troll game it was someone who decided because they didn't get the role they wanted that they were going to feed. I didn't get my role, and played support willingly. Of course I wasn't happy, but you deal with it.

Point is, it has nothing to do with how good I am as a player if my team simply just doesn't want to work. Even if we do fantastic together, if one person throws an engage 3 times in a row, I should not be faulted for it. I have no idea how a new implementation of the elo system could fix this, because I can't even see how personal skill would work. It would just compliment kill stealing. I understand that players should be able to work together, but if you get someone who just refuses to what are you supposed to do other than dodge? What if you don't know they are going to throw the game at the very end and can't dodge? Even with 2 stomps i should have dodged in the lobby, the other 3 were simply just people who did not belong at the skill level and are now dragging me down.

I'm not even saying I'm platinum material, I'm high silver low gold on my good days, but being denied the priviledge of being a high silver or low gold because of other incompetencies not of my own is what irritates me. 5th loss in a row, I want to keep going but I'm afraid to. Not really even asking for advice, I just need to gripe and have it be heard. (classic internet rage if you will) Oh well, nothing to fix other than run the slots again.

DeIceBerg

11-26-2012

I had to deal with the same issue last season, but from the other end. I started out in ranked thinking that I would give it a chance etc. not knowing how bad I was, ultimately bring my teammates who were at higher elo down and screwing them, but now when I look at it today, (Just dodged a match with people that you can tell aren't experienced in champion select (ex. ghost on Soraka.)) It just really has made me avoid ranked lately.

Solemendal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

To fix this >.> if you can get like 6 outa 10 to agree that x player is a problem their team is spared the elo drop and that player gets nailed harder then usual.

Atzigan

11-26-2012

I was stuck on silver last season, but I think, this season, actually I'm pretty confident I'll reach gold in no time. I've been playing top non-stop, and realized that top is not all about farming, it's about coordinating with your jungler for possible ganks and counter jungling. What I'm doing lately is farm early game and whenever there's an opportunity, buy wards a lot of wards, as soon as I get my first kill against the opponent and I'm starting to get ahead I advise my jungler to farm for a little bit at top while I gank either bot or mid whoever is in trouble. Since I'm the beefy one that has the upper hand I'll provide more successful ganks than the jungler that has gold limitations, without trading kills. So it's mainly all about helping your teamates and being aware of the map. Ward the red or their blue and coordinate with your mid or your jungler to steal it or wait for the enemy jungler to stop by so you can successfully stomp on him. You need to have a bit of tunnel vision to see what's gonna happen next or what you would do if you were the enemy so you can counter their actions. If their jungler wants to counter your jungle, and you're top don't hesitate in going there and avoid that buff steal or your junglers death, you can even get a free kill out of it. I mainly roam when I kill or make my opponent go back to his base so he doesn't have a farm advantage over me. Also when in queue i try talking to my teamates, and expecting they cooperate with me, if I see that they're not in the mood for cooperation or in the mood for trolling or picking a champion even when his counter has been picked I just dodge. It's better to dodge and have the penalty of 30 minutes than to play a game for 30 minutes without increasing your elo and stressing yourself. But it's just me, I hope this brings a bit of enlightenment when playing ranks.

Belovan

11-26-2012

This season ranked has been a disaster for me. In my first 10 games, I was something like 3-7. 4 of those losses were actually due to someone leaving the game, and one other was because the kat mid took smite. The other two I will say I did not do that great, but overall my luck with ranked this season has been pretty bad.

ShinyPockets

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solemendal View Post
To fix this >.> if you can get like 6 outa 10 to agree that x player is a problem their team is spared the elo drop and that player gets nailed harder then usual.
This idea is good in theory, but could also be abused to just screw somebody over really hard.

Archaic Zeus

11-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atz1gan View Post
I was stuck on silver last season, but I think, this season, actually I'm pretty confident I'll reach gold in no time. I've been playing top non-stop, and realized that top is not all about farming, it's about coordinating with your jungler for possible ganks and counter jungling. What I'm doing lately is farm early game and whenever there's an opportunity, buy wards a lot of wards, as soon as I get my first kill against the opponent and I'm starting to get ahead I advise my jungler to farm for a little bit at top while I gank either bot or mid whoever is in trouble. Since I'm the beefy one that has the upper hand I'll provide more successful ganks than the jungler that has gold limitations, without trading kills. So it's mainly all about helping your teamates and being aware of the map. Ward the red or their blue and coordinate with your mid or your jungler to steal it or wait for the enemy jungler to stop by so you can successfully stomp on him. You need to have a bit of tunnel vision to see what's gonna happen next or what you would do if you were the enemy so you can counter their actions. If their jungler wants to counter your jungle, and you're top don't hesitate in going there and avoid that buff steal or your junglers death, you can even get a free kill out of it. I mainly roam when I kill or make my opponent go back to his base so he doesn't have a farm advantage over me. Also when in queue i try talking to my teamates, and expecting they cooperate with me, if I see that they're not in the mood for cooperation or in the mood for trolling or picking a champion even when his counter has been picked I just dodge. It's better to dodge and have the penalty of 30 minutes than to play a game for 30 minutes without increasing your elo and stressing yourself. But it's just me, I hope this brings a bit of enlightenment when playing ranks.
Finding tops like you are few and far between. Even my friend who plays top like a gold high gold or low platinum elo player doesn't understand that as a jungler I have to watch the entire map the whole game, and because of gold limitations like you said, I can fall behind easily if not utterly concentrated on perfect opportunities. Not saying I'm perfect, but having a top like you would lighten my load to the point where I don't have to babysit a lane and lose out on 300 gold of farm and other possible ganks. I get the whole dodging thing, and I've done it quite a few times, the problem arises when you earnestly can't tell whether to dodge or not. Everyone is friendly, cooperating, picked counters to their lanes. In the end however they throw the game at the end even with a snowball lead. Happened way too many times, simply because people don't understand the game mechanics of positioning and engaging.