Reasons to live.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jenova Project

10-10-2010

Remember that suicide, or simply giving up on life, is just about the most selfish and cowardly thing you could ever do and if you opt to take that route all the people you have lost and the pain that you have felt is well deserved.

TheInfamousDrK

10-10-2010

I have a friend who tried to commit suicide, and failed.

Sometimes the pain and/or loss of purpose can really get you inside. Sometimes it never goes away.

The only thing I can say is that the same friend really took up a different view on life afterward. He saw how much his attempt affected certain people around him; the people he loved.

He now practices the only true way of living: altruism. Living a life as altruistically as you can is something that is wholly fulfilling. You may never attain true happiness, and you may always feel sad, or even alone, but making others happy -- doing the right thing -- that is something of a higher purpose.

Irregardless of religion, politics, worldview, altruism transcends to a higher plane of existence and is something everyone should strive to practice. We all falter, and we will all make mistakes, but while we are here on this earth we may as well love each other as much as humanly possible.

I hope you can take away from this something of value, and use it as a source of strength in the future.

Hoactzin

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by theinfamousdrk View Post

he now practices the only true way of living: Altruism. Living a life as altruistically as you can is something that is wholly fulfilling. You may never attain true happiness, and you may always feel sad, or even alone, but making others happy -- doing the right thing -- that is something of a higher purpose.

Irregardless of religion, politics, worldview, altruism transcends to a higher plane of existence and is something everyone should strive to practice. We all falter, and we will all make mistakes, but while we are here on this earth we may as well love each other as much as humanly possible.

I hope you can take away from this something of value, and use it as a source of strength in the future.
qft. Whenever I lose hope, I look at the examples set by people around the world who help others, contenting themselves.

iglumajor

10-11-2010

burn a church

Kodoku

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr1s1sFr0mTheSky View Post
Remember that suicide, or simply giving up on life, is just about the most selfish and cowardly thing you could ever do and if you opt to take that route all the people you have lost and the pain that you have felt is well deserved.
A large portion of people who commit suicide already experience extreme and disproportionate amounts of guilt, often for no (external) reason at all. The pain from this guilt is a strong motivator towards suicidal ideation. So without any justification whatsoever, you're going to make a sweeping statement insisting that they deserve the pain they experience. You're a good person.

But hey, don't let facts cloud your judgement. It's much better to rely on gut feelings and reactionary opinion.

Quote:
he now practices the only true way of living: Altruism. Living a life as altruistically as you can is something that is wholly fulfilling. You may never attain true happiness, and you may always feel sad, or even alone, but making others happy -- doing the right thing -- that is something of a higher purpose.
What if the most altruistic thing a person could do is sign a donor card and kill him/herself in a hospital? Altruism alone does not seem to me to be a stable way of life.

Shurelia

Associate Game Designer

10-11-2010

Hang in there. = (

Sometimes a good smurf stomp feels really good...

I hope you feel better. <3

Zero1011

10-11-2010

That is all...... What did he say? The world may never know...........

Anyway... jokes aside..... what keeps me going is looking at the mistakes I've done and try to fix it. Or find something new and interesting to learn and find new goals. Here is an example of mine. There was one time where I was in depression because my grandpa died and I felt dead inside. Then I realized how short life is, so then I decided to learn as much as I can, try to find goals that makes me feel proud of myself. That is what keeps me going today.

Lord Mafferr

10-11-2010

Every hole is a goal!

Thats what keeps me going so keep your chin up mate
Cheers

Zero1011

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Mafferr View Post
Every hole is a goal!

Thats what keeps me going so keep your chin up mate
Cheers
Haha that was kinda like a pun there.....

TheInfamousDrK

10-11-2010

Quote:
What if the most altruistic thing a person could do is sign a donor card and kill him/herself in a hospital? Altruism alone does not seem to me to be a stable way of life.
Silly person. I think that living a life serving others as best as you can would be more appropriate. Yet if you made a conscious decision that your life was better off forfeit... who are we to argue?

You would have made a great sacrifice, and possibly saved lives.

Either way, living for others, or dying for others, is the right way to live your life.