Reasons to live.

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bomba Ucigasa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2010

Feels good man...

Metadigital

10-09-2010

I find that the process of examining and understanding the subtleties and complexities of life and existence to be rewarding and inspiring regardless of the luck I've had or the mistakes I've made. The letting go of one's self in favor of the contemplation of everything else just seems to not only make whatever is in my life seem less tremendous, but also reveals how much more interesting everything else is that's not limited to me.

I am of the opinion that the greatest source of unhappiness in the world is in getting caught up in one's own self.

ProbablyTerribad

Recruiter

10-09-2010

I keep me going.

Lots of people have lots of different reasons for doing the things they do. I'd like to think I run off of basic instinct mostly.

Survival is important to me.

Hetoquis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-09-2010

My sense of religion makes me to strive to continue living to serve God, so i guess wanting to be a perfect servant helps me to keep going. The joy received on peoples faces and receiving acknowledge is rather enjoyable, because it gives me a sense of success that i have aided them, whether they remember me or not, i don't care. Being in a religion helps this aspect greatly for me

Cynical Moose

10-09-2010

Live because you can only do so once - make the most of it, yes you do get bad times but you also get good ones - live for the good ones and don't let the bad ones effect you, choose rather to brush them off and find something better

(I was gonna say cake but then i read the whole no trolling thing)

Elan Tedronai

10-09-2010

I've been where you're at. The one thing that really keeps me moving forward are the people that love me. What I always try to think about when I get in one of those moods is what me ending my life would do to my wife. I would take my own life, but I wouldn't put her through that. So I live for her sake.

Byronik

10-09-2010

what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..

Kodoku

10-09-2010

I'm currently alive, and changing this would require significant effort and pain. Since I'll be dead in a short period of time (i.e. the human life span), I may as well stay alive for the time being - in particular, it won't matter if I die late, but it might matter if I die early. Though the significant decline in functionality and ability to cope with pain that comes in the absence of subjectively meaningful motivation requires medication and therapy, and there's no getting around that.

Quote:
I find that the process of examining and understanding the subtleties and complexities of life and existence to be rewarding and inspiring regardless of the luck I've had or the mistakes I've made. The letting go of one's self in favor of the contemplation of everything else just seems to not only make whatever is in my life seem less tremendous, but also reveals how much more interesting everything else is that's not limited to me.

I am of the opinion that the greatest source of unhappiness in the world is in getting caught up in one's own self.
In all honesty, I've never seen someone get something wrong to this extent. Though you may appreciate Heidegger's thought in Being and Time if you subscribe to such views.

SmokingJoeNL

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Azura View Post
So guys I'm right now sitting in front of my computer with a bottle of vodka looking back at my life, The family and friends I've lost.

The mistakes I've made and things I've failed at.

So what things keep you going when everything seems lost?

please don't troll me.
Since I am not religious, I realise I only have one go at this thing called life. Sure it sucks. It's rediculous and hard. Sometimes no fun at all. If you keep focussing on only negative things you will end up with a gun to your head or something. Try to train yourself to stop thinking about those kind of things. Don't worry about things you can't change. Look at what you can do that will make you happy, no matter how small it is. See it like a happy jar of sorts. Eat nice food: that's +1 in your happy jar. Watch a good game of football another +1. Be nice to someone and they are nice back, another one and so on. If you keep it up, you will reach a point where your happy jar is always at least a little bit filled and things won't seem so ****ty anymore.

There is no quick fix to beating depression and negative feelings. Feeling bad about something isn't negative in itself. But dwelling on it untill it is the only thing you feel is though.
The way to go about things that make you feel bad is to think about it, give it a place inside of your mind or heart or wherever and move on. Don't be stuck on them, but go find things to add to the happy jar instead. Because it sounds like your depression jar is full enough already.

Peace, love and cookies for all.

Metadigital

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byronik View Post
what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger..
Except syphilis. That makes you go insane, then die.

Quote:
In all honesty, I've never seen someone get something wrong to this extent. Though you may appreciate Heidegger's thought in Being and Time if you subscribe to such views.
Nope, don't like Heidegger... and that's a really strange thing to say, honestly.

123456 ... 7