Reasons to live.

First Riot Post
12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyson Azura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2010

So guys I'm right now sitting in front of my computer with a bottle of vodka looking back at my life, The family and friends I've lost.

The mistakes I've made and things I've failed at.

So what things keep you going when everything seems lost?

please don't troll me.

Gripe

10-08-2010

Just keeping your head up and moving forward.

Tyson Azura

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-08-2010

Ty man that might even be enough.

Jimsvaliant

10-08-2010

Knowing that I still have the chance to reach my dream. Even if I fail I'll pick myself back up and keep trying. If it takes me until the end of my life at least I can say I gave it an earnest shot.

Ssraeshza

10-08-2010

I do love this kind of thread, it let's me respond with brutal honesty even if the OP is obviously lying... no one who is in despair with a bottle of Vodka would log onto a LoL forum to talk about this kind of thing; and if they -did-, they'd be typing far worse than that.

Life itself isn't worth living, we are born only to slowly suffer until that suffering reaches a boiling point and we die horrendously. I've studied death quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that there is no "painless" death. Death is either in a quick burst of extreme physical and emotional pain... or long and drawn out over days and maybe even years.

There are a few motivations however, people will try to blind you with things like religion, love, greed... but ultimately, the only thing that I , personally, have found worth living for , can be summed up in one , delicious , misunderstood... word:

Revenge.

You can't die until you've had your revenge. If you die, you will have lost. To reach the apex of your machinations until your enemies feel despair regarding your achievements and their shortcomings, *that* is the purpose of life, the true purpose. Throwing yourself to the ground is admitting defeat in the face of garbage that plagues the earth.

You can't die, dying is not "giving up", dying is the same as life, except you continue with a legacy of shame and defeat, you live on in the minds of your friends , family and enemies as a worthless piece of refuse. I wouldn't give anyone that pleasure.

I intend to go out someday in a blaze of glory, when everyone around me is defeated and on their knees... yes... oh yes...

In your case, even if you feel lost, it is just temporary, opportunity rises as long as you exist, the essence of life is chaos, giving order to this chaos as you see fit is what life is.

"Failure" and "Mistakes"(As you put it); these are just words used to interpret the chaos overwhelming you for brief moments. Put them behind you, fear and regret will only cause you to doubt yourself and give way to more "Failure" and "Mistakes". To quote an anime of all things:

"Life is like an incessant series of problems, all difficult, with brutal choices, and a time limit. The worst thing you can do is to make no choice, waiting for the ideal conclusion to present itself."

Yes <3

Tyson Azura

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post
I do love this kind of thread, it let's me respond with brutal honesty even if the OP is obviously lying... no one who is in despair with a bottle of Vodka would log onto a LoL forum to talk about this kind of thing; and if they -did-, they'd be typing far worse than that.

Life itself isn't worth living, we are born only to slowly suffer until that suffering reaches a boiling point and we die horrendously. I've studied death quite a bit and have come to the conclusion that there is no "painless" death. Death is either in a quick burst of extreme physical and emotional pain... or long and drawn out over days and maybe even years.

There are a few motivations however, people will try to blind you with things like religion, love, greed... but ultimately, the only thing that I , personally, have found worth living for , can be summed up in one , delicious , misunderstood... word:

Revenge.

You can't die until you've had your revenge. If you die, you will have lost. To reach the apex of your machinations until your enemies feel despair regarding your achievements and their shortcomings, *that* is the purpose of life, the true purpose. Throwing yourself to the ground is admitting defeat in the face of garbage that plagues the earth.

You can't die, dying is not "giving up", dying is the same as life, except you continue with a legacy of shame and defeat, you live on in the minds of your friends , family and enemies as a worthless piece of refuse. I wouldn't give anyone that pleasure.

I intend to go out someday in a blaze of glory, when everyone around me is defeated and on their knees... yes... oh yes...

In your case, even if you feel lost, it is just temporary, opportunity rises as long as you exist, the essence of life is chaos, giving order to this chaos as you see fit is what life is.

"Failure" and "Mistakes"(As you put it); these are just words used to interpret the chaos overwhelming you for brief moments. Put them behind you, fear and regret will only cause you to doubt yourself and give way to more "Failure" and "Mistakes". To quote an anime of all things:

"Life is like an incessant series of problems, all difficult, with brutal choices, and a time limit. The worst thing you can do is to make no choice, waiting for the ideal conclusion to present itself."

Yes <3
Dude I actually came on to this forum because I have no where else where i can hope for a decent answer. and I'm glad I'm getting them.

Revenge won't work in this situation vut the **** you talk about with failure and mistakes being words i use to interpret the chaos surrounding me for this brieef moment i pretty deep and i thank you for it because what you saying does make sense.

Jimsvaliant

10-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssraeshza View Post

Revenge.

Yes <3
Rather cynical for my taste but there is some truth to it. No matter how we disguise it we are all self-centered and you're quite a audacious person to admit it so openly, even if it is on the internet. If dying with no regrets is your way of satisfying your desires than fine, but you can't lump in everyone else's selfishness with yours.

The truth is we are all selfish and we only live for ourselves. We rely on others to get what we want and we do favors for others hoping for favors in return. It doesn't have to be a tangible favor, it can be something as simply vain as merit for improving our own self image. The idea of altruism is a myth in my honest opinion, but that doesn't necessarily mean the world is a terrible place just because people are living according to their selfish desires. We construct our desires according to how others see us and most of the time it isn't a bad image.

Tyson Azura

10-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsvaliant View Post
Rather cynical for my taste but there is some truth to it. No matter how we disguise it we are all self-centered and you're quite a audacious person to admit it so openly, even if it is on the internet. If dying with no regrets is your way of satisfying your desires than fine, but you can't lump in everyone else's selfishness with yours.

The truth is we are all selfish and we only live for ourselves. We rely on others to get what we want and we do favors for others hoping for favors in return. It doesn't have to be a tangible favor, it can be something as simply vain as merit for improving our own self image. The idea of altruism is a myth in my honest opinion, but that doesn't necessarily mean the world is a terrible place just because people are living according to their selfish desires. We construct our desires according to how others see us and most of the time it isn't a bad image.
New prixe for most deep. I did philosphy but atm can't spell it so not going to go into.

very true though in my opion.

My reason for living has always bee someone else. When i was a kid my mum. and when she and my dad died when i was 13 it became my sister,
when she left the city fior a better job it became my god parents. before i friend committed suicide it was to get a house he could live in with me and my gf and now its no one. as my gf is leavibng me.

The meaning is that living 4 other ppl thogh noble is not a good idea,

Because ppl will let you down so you'll just fick yourself up

Jimsvaliant

10-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Azura View Post
New prixe for most deep. I did philosphy but atm can't spell it so not going to go into.

very true though in my opion.

My reason for living has always bee someone else. When i was a kid my mum. and when she and my dad died when i was 13 it became my sister,
when she left the city fior a better job it became my god parents. before i friend committed suicide it was to get a house he could live in with me and my gf and now its no one. as my gf is leavibng me.

The meaning is that living 4 other ppl thogh noble is not a good idea,

Because ppl will let you down so you'll just fick yourself up
Living just for someone else's affection and wanting to be accepted has its favorable and unfavorable consequences and as you've mentioned above, it's certainly been pretty unfavorable for you.

A video game forum isn't exactly where you should go to seek this kind of coping therapy, but my best advice for you is to start living for yourself. Yes you're right, other people will let you down because no one else can decide when you are truly content. Only other people can decide how or who can satisfy their own desires and be content, just as only you can decide what you need to be truly happy. Loneliness will drive anyone up a wall but I'm pretty sure you can decide for yourself who is worth investing your trust in.

Good luck mate. Don't stop searching for what you're looking for.

Tyson Azura

10-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimsvaliant View Post
Living just for someone else's affection and wanting to be accepted has its favorable and unfavorable consequences and as you've mentioned above, it's certainly been pretty unfavorable for you.

A video game forum isn't exactly where you should go to seek this kind of coping therapy, but my best advice for you is to start living for yourself. Yes you're right, other people will let you down because no one else can decide when you are truly content. Only other people can decide how or who can satisfy own desires and be content, just as only you can decide what you need to be truly happy. Loneliness will drive anyone up a wall but I'm pretty sure you can decide for yourself who is worth investing your trust in.

Good luck mate. Don't stop searching for what you're looking for.

Cheers jim. I know but sometimes you have no where else to turn except the community/s that you are a part. Thank you though. To everyone on here. I mean sometimes our community can be really nasty but today eeryone here has come through for me in one way or another and I thank you guys 4 it.

12345 ... 7