How to stop people from raging in ranked.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigAirBonus

11-26-2012

Recently I have been trying to play ranked to climb in elo. Almost every game I get, there are a few people who rage over everything and start to blame others, curse, and just be plain un-reasonable. Eventually they just start typing more than playing and they hand the enemy team over a free win. Now I am not a believer in ELO hell because no matter how high of elo you are you will always find trolls. But this is just ridiculous : /. I cant tell if I'm loosing games because we just got outplayed or just out trolled. I wouldn't mind loosing every game I've ever played if our team just accepted the loss and continued playing. Then at least I knew we gave it our all. But I cant go into a Que without trolls or ragers . I even hate it when I win games because someone went afk, or their entire team is raging. It doesn't feel satisfactory. Is there anything I can do to get people to stop yelling at each other so at least we have a chance of winning. Because when they keep talking it mine as well be a 4v5 or 3v5 depending on how many people are engaged in those conversations.

Vesperteen

11-26-2012

It's very unfortunate that you've been experiencing a bad string of games over the last little while, especially if it was based on the way summoners conducted themselves.

Sadly there isn't much that can be done about players taking the game too seriously and forgetting that they play to have fun.

You cannot pick your opponents but it is a good idea to form teams with people you can rely on in both skill and maturity levels. I hope you find a solution to your misfortunes

Master Lyon

11-26-2012

Try playing ranked teams or duo quene instead of ranked solo quene. Even though you wont be able to stop the raging, try to reduce the odds that you do get a troll in ranked. And if you consider what they do trolling(i.e. playing AD Evelynn or whatever) then try to look into their shoes. They think that AD Eve is somehow viable. Of course, if they play Garen and go AP Garen, something is wrong. Or when they turret dive in a 1v5. Or when they sit at the pool and do nothing but criticize their teams and/or other teams or help them or whatever. That's trolling. Try to learn the difference and report them as such,

Miezner

11-26-2012

I agree on Vesperteen that it is best to form a team with your friends. That way, you guys wont hound each other over every mistake. It also allows all of you to coordinate a group style. Like if one of your friend's loves playing as junglers/assassins, they wont have to worry about a random team that might have everyone choosing the same thing. I do feel bad for those that get the business end of raging. I have been the target of them often and I tell ya it ruins my gameplay dramatically.

There are better ways to giving players advice without making them feel like losers.

Also, if someone on the team is being unreasonably cruel, or just flaming outright you can report them after the match and they will get put on the tribunal for evaluation. I hope you find some good hearted players in the future.

And if you do happen to see someone on your team raging to someone, you could try and back up both sides by sugar coating what the player may have done wrong, and a friendly way to help improve it. That way, you can restore their gaming spirits .

LilYonsan

11-26-2012

I come across this issue much as well and this isn't even in ranked games.

Usually the best thing to do is watch this video and be thankful that it wasn't this bad: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyQj...ure=plpp_video

But seriously though, I think the best thing to do, besides forming a team is playing random or ranked until you find a fair number of people that you actually kind of like, then just playing with them. Or form a team, might work.

If you're actually playing a game, don't get trolled, and remember to never feed said troll. If they're trolling just tell them to chill out and play the game instead of freaking out, reminding them that it is just a game. If they don't improve, report them and go about your day.

Furthermore, if you see someone being attacked verbally by their teammates, try to defend them as best you can, be the white knight of the game. If they really are doing terribly, try to offer some advice on how they can do better, and maybe even report them for "unskilled player" with the hopes that they will be placed with more suitable players in the future.

NiceDynamite

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesperteen View Post
It's very unfortunate that you've been experiencing a bad string of games over the last little while, especially if it was based on the way summoners conducted themselves.

Sadly there isn't much that can be done about players taking the game too seriously and forgetting that they play to have fun.

You cannot pick your opponents but it is a good idea to form teams with people you can rely on in both skill and maturity levels. I hope you find a solution to your misfortunes
Here is where the problem lies. Not everyone is here to purely have fun. My idea of having fun is winning. I come here solely to win. If I have a bad time while doing it, I don't care, because I won. Most people forget this game is for competitive play, not for people to come on and fool around and cause others to lose. If that's you're type of game, go somewhere else please.

BigAirBonus

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akshun ******* View Post
Here is where the problem lies. Not everyone is here to purely have fun. My idea of having fun is winning. I come here solely to win. If I have a bad time while doing it, I don't care, because I won. Most people forget this game is for competitive play, not for people to come on and fool around and cause others to lose. If that's you're type of game, go somewhere else please.
Oh i totally agree this is a competitive game. I want to play competitively that is why i am trying to climb in elo. but there is a difference between playing competitively and just being a rager. I hardly ever get like a troll troll where its like "herp run into turret" I get the kind of player who dies, blames everyone but himself, and starts to yell, causing all my team mates to yell back and eventually stop playing, just argue. That is a problem, no. That IS the problem that lies in this game I feel.