Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

AP Lulu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

12edruM

11-26-2012

I notice that Lulu is rated on Sam't tier list as ap carry. How do you go about building Lulu as an ap carry. My experience with her is to build her a little tanky. Is this just magic pen and glitterdance, because her ap doesn't scale well with her abilities.

AndersMMO

11-26-2012

Well, I came to TT from high elo Dominion and there Lulu is a god tier perma-ban so I know how ridiculous she can be...

I would assume that there's 2 ways to play her depending on your play style:

1: You build her like on Dominion because you have an aptitude for kiting and understand that she's more of a support AP than a purist carry:

Boots ruby crystal > BFT > Blasting Wand > Rylai > Wooglets/Abyssal or Aegis depending on whether you need to carry or support

9-21-0, Mpen Marks, Armor Seals, MR glpyhs, Flat AP or Mpen Quints

2. Your a seasoned SR player and use Lulu in the more typified AP-carry manner that was consistent with people playing her top lane a while back:

Boots Amp Tome > Athenes > Haunting Guise > BFT > Wooglets/Abyssal > Wooglets/Abyssal > Void Staff

21-9-0. Mpen marks, armor seals, MR glpyhs, Mpen Quints

For Both:

Level R > Q > E > W
On a side note, 90% of Lulu's power comes from her ultimate's CC, and the slow on her Q, A Lot of people hold their Lulu ults and try to use it as a saving mechanism when an ally is about to die, this is completely wrong, use it like an Orianna ult, it's an engage. You're typical max damage combo in lane after chalice is W(self)>Q>E>auto (if going support just the W>E>auto, the mana from using W on yourself is too high to bother).

On a Side-side note, there are also some pretty crazy cheese lulu builds that start double Doran's Blade into Rylai's, they have some confusingly legitimate power to them and it might be worth screwing around with if you're interested.

Hope I helped and best of luck,
Ânders

12edruM

11-26-2012

Thanks for the detailed response.

Bobinatorlol

11-26-2012

I wrote this for someone awhile ago not sure how much it may help you but here is a sort of TL;DR of my experiences with Lulu.

I played Lulu for ~40 or so games. All of them in solo queue so take it for what it is worth I am scared to try her in ranked due to her squishiness. I found building anything tanky was just worthless. If any bruiser that has a slow got within melee range I was going to die. Most early items I build have HP so that helps if you end up getting caught. With that said she does have a pretty good kit for escaping.

Where AP lulu shines is her ability to harass (cheaply) at far distances and the utility she brings to her team mates. Her ult, if used correctly and not forced to use on yourself, is a game changer. And by building AP it gives a **** ton of health. My abilities typically go R>Q>E>W. My items are most of the time dependent on what is going on at that time. Most of the time though the first couple are BFT+Hextech Sweeper+Chalice to Athene+Sheen to Lich Bane (if the game goes that long, usually built last)

BFT- Because it is great for most if not all casters.
Hextech Sweeper - Decent AP good HP and 10% movement speed. Plus the vision for shrooms and other hidden stuff.
Chalice- So you never have to worry about mana.
Sheen- Because if team fights are going correct you find yourself auto attacking a lot. Plus if you get ahead early on you can usually get this before the chalice for extra dps.

She counters, in my experience, a lot of popular tops ie Darius, Singed etc. And is a great partner to have in a duo bot situation.

Early lane phase you want to harass with Q as often as possible. Once you get E you can harass at a very far distance. Put E on one of your front line creeps or their back line creeps to land your Q's. I always saved my W in case of a gank. If the ganker has a CC/gap closer I used it on them if they didn't I used it on me.

When teams are no longer in their lanes and for the most part each team is chasing each other this is where Lulu is great to have on your team. She can W (speed boost) and E (shield) the tank to catch someone. If your tank finds that someone she can land her Q from her E being on her tank. If your team is running from a team she can W (speed boost) the person behind and E them in order to Q(slow) down the chasers. If a fight breaks out you use your W to polymorph the scariest target and keep E on whichever team mate is being targeted. Or use E for the damage if the shield is not needed. Spam Q's on as many people as possible. Use Ult to save team mates or to break enemy ultimate's.

A couple things I noticed with her is if you don't have any sort of tank you are going to have a bad time. If the enemy team has a Xin you are going to have a bad time.

She goes really well with tanky AOE (Singed, Mundo, Shyv, Amu) champs. To get really good with her you need to learn how to land her Q's with cleverly placed E's.

Tisasecret

11-26-2012

i get Nashors tooth but maybe im a noob