AD Carry tips

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Motivation424

11-25-2012

Hey Guys. Just looking for some help on AD Carry, a role that I've been trying to learn. First off, I'm playing Vayne mostly, and I think I'm alright. The main problem for me, is I don't really know how to carry a losing team. When our team is even or winning, it's quite easy. They can tank in team fights, and my positioning is not terrible or anything, and I put out decent DPS. I can carry well. But if my team is behind, even if i keep up or are slightly ahead of their AD carry, in team fights, our team gets destroyed or I am knocked out of fights. I can't keep up my DPS. Maybe I'm doing things wrong (obviously, since I'm low elo), but just wanted a few tips on how to play when your team is down. Should I change my goals, my playstyle, objectives, focus, etc?

TL;DR: I can carry fine when teams are even or we are winning, but they shut me down when other team is ahead, even if I am personally doing well. Tips for carrying losing team?

Thanks.

Amatzikahni

11-25-2012

Unfortunately, you need your team to tank for you while you deal damage. If your team is behind, then they'll die faster than you can kill stuff, so you'll be kiting 1v3 after the fight's over in many cases. If you're fed, then you can deal significantly more damage, so even though your team dies fast, you can kill the enemies fast. ADC is team-dependent, so most of the time games go as you described. You should always consider a GA, but when you're behind, you need to get damage and rely on your team to peel, but if you're ahead, then grabbing a GA would allow you to get further into the fight and deal more damage while also acting as a pseudo-tank for a little bit.

Motivation424

11-26-2012

Thanks, bump.

Crazy Crann

11-26-2012

AD Carry is probably one of the toughest roles to play in this game because you can be rendered completely irrelevant before you even hit your point of usefulness.

Generally speaking, the AD Carry doesn't really come into play until once the laning phase ends. By that point, you're expected to have farmed up enough for your first major core items and be ready to go.

You will also be heavily reliant on your teammates doing their jobs. Jungle will have to gank. Your support will have to peel, heal, or do whatever else they do to keep you alive and optimize your damage potential. The bruiser will have to absorb the hurt while maintaining enough of a presence to worry about focusing. And your APmid will have to make the enemy carries a priority, just as you will, to maximize murder potential.

A key to playing AD well is to synergize well with your support. This means communicating. A simple ping of a target if you're ready to push in for a kill is often enough to let them know you're ready to go.

If they fall short, don't rip on them. Keep in mind that the quality of your game basically depends on the support choosing to keep supporting you. Ripping them a new hole generally won't motivate them to do that.

iDpark

11-26-2012

Position yourself well.
Doing some damage is better than no damage. (don't dive their carries, you melt)
Pray for someone who knows how to peel.
Get someone to dive their carries first.

and CS. Every little bit of gold helps, especially when behind.