Ninjadin, A Kassadin Guide for the Hyper Aggressive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bobthegood

12-24-2009

What's funny is that ppl are saying mejais got nerfed. Sure they took out mana drain, but for a measly 1235g you can get up to 220ap. Realistically speaking, you'll be getting +100ap, but even at that level ap per cost it is still one of the best items in the game.

Oh and ignite sucks. I mean... it sucks to get ignited. Ignite on Kass is crazy good early game.

Kayman

01-23-2010

Hello, I was reading that post because I'd like to buy him and I saw a lot of posts about AP builds and guides, but I was checking posts and I couldn't find any guide about malee dps by kass and I saw that this is possible. Can u tell me if kass is weak by malee dps thats why ppl are playing by spell dps?

Greetings

Elhehir

01-27-2010

Melee DPS kassadin is not really a viable option.

kijik

02-16-2010

Bump for the sake of noticing people are starting to ask about kass again.

Remember folks, I check these forums every day, even if I don't post, so if you have a question, concern, comment, flame to post, go ahead, I'll read it, and respond accordingly, or not(if it's a flame that isn't entertaining) :P

KatsuriX

02-21-2010

Kass is one of my favorite heroes. I've been trying to figure out someway to make a melee build work, and was wondering what ideas you may have tossed around. I just tried a game as melee, I went 10-5-16, 35-40 kills overall for my team, so not too shabby I guess.

Summoner spells: exhaust/ignite
masteries: 21/0/9 (crit chance/dmg, armor pen, spell pen, ap/lvl, havoc)(+xp, 1 pt in meditation for utility)
Rune page:
Armor pen marks
Flat Armor seals
MR/lvl glyphs
Flat HP quints

I figured i should go for the survivability rune page since i was going to end up in the thick of things on a melee build, worked out pretty nicely.

Item build was such:

1. dorans ring (mp5)
2. catalyst
3. tier 1 boots
4. trinity force\
5. wit's end (thinking I might finish out RoA here next time and get wit's end later, the extra hp/ap would help alot)
6. picked up a bf sword to start on thirster or something game ended at that point.
?. I got zerk greaves in there somewhere.

I had around 2.4k hp, but i still felt a little squishy. probably just their team comp though (dinger, ap shaco, zilean, so much burst o.o) trinity procs hit like a truck though, and its pretty easy to time them off with your spell CD's. I definitely could have managed many more kills that game, but we were kinda stomping them so the last 15 minutes was my team trying to beat down dinger turrets to get into their base >.<.

kijik

02-21-2010

I did some extensive testing tonight with a physical build,

sheen
boots
catalyst
boots upgrade, generally tabi, sometimes merc
cata->banshee's
sheen->trinity

21/9/0
usual talents. more armor in defense than MR, dodge and such.

I used my ap runes.

I found this build, while effective, is unable to swing the tides of the game to a great extent, if your team is losing, you can't do a **** thing about it, but if you're winning you'll dominate. It's annoying really, not to mention I feel like it takes too much farm/time for this build to wind up. whereas with the ap build, mejais, boots, and cata and I'll blast people.

not to mention the playstyle is rough, having to get close enough to poke is really, really, really dangerous.

edit: I'd imagine that late game dps may pull slightly ahead of ap, but honestly the tradeoff of not being able to easily swing a fight, isn't very worth it.

AdrenaLin

02-21-2010

Very nice, thanks for the update.. I have also tried a similar build, and i ran into the same problem.. The true dpsers out dps you, while the other casters out burst you. It's not a good situation, not to mention having to get close and poke poke..

You are correct on the play style you can'tjust burst run, wait for cooldowns and give it another go. You will always be targeted, and even with Rift walk it still wont matter. AP>DPS for these reasons stated above. Sure its fun from time to time to play it that way, but its not nearly as viable.

KatsuriX

02-21-2010

So, i've been trying out a new melee build today. played about 10 games with it, average of 9-1-10 or so, the build isn't much different but i seem to be doing rather well, or maybe i'm just fighting noobs.

New item build:

1.start with doran's ring again for hp and mp5
2.first home trip grab boots and whatever sheen parts i can (sometimes i've just been rushing the sheen, depends on if i need the mobility in my lane or not)
3. emblem of valor
4. finish boots of choice (tabi or treads, usually)
5. finish TF
6. finish stark's

Game usually ends around then, sometimes i haven't even been finishing the stark's before we end it. In the 1 case the game did drag on farther I started picking up survival items (completely situational, so no point posting suggestions).

Best game thus far I went 18-2-16. Give it a try and let me know how it plays out for you.

EDIT: I've also been using flash/ignite for summoner spells. flash has saved my butt and gotten me early kills so many times w/ this build. The extra mobility really helps since you're relying on melee dps.

kijik

02-22-2010

hmm, starks eh? that's a decent thought, good support for the team and playtesting my previous build I kept thinking lifesteal might just help out quite a bit with my survivability.

Still, I see a pretty glaring lack of hp or resistances in that build, but who knows, maybe I'll have to test run it again, and packing flash does make sense considering you'll need more than rift walk to escape and gap close as a more melee centric style.

KatsuriX

02-22-2010

Yeah, definitely a little more squishy that way around. I'm still running melee kass off of my survival page though, w/ doran's ring I start the game with 720 something hp. End up with 2.1k (if i remeber correctly) with those items, and i'm usually carrying around red/green elixers after awhile.

But yes, I've noticed a huge difference since I started adding in stark's and flash, or maybe i'm just getting the hang of face stabbing people, either way its fun ^-^.