Please remove or nerf Amumu

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadogi

11-25-2012

He's my favorite jungler, but, in his current state, he's banned in 100% of all ranked games. Why have a champ in the game that is never played?

ChaosForger

11-25-2012

Ever heard of blind pick?

adc

11-25-2012

Ranked blind pick.

Totally exists.

Seriously, though. Amumu isn't banned in all games? Are you crazy? Half the time at 1400 Elo he isn't even banned, let alone at higher levels of play.

Shadogi

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Ranked blind pick.

Totally exists.

Seriously, though. Amumu isn't banned in all games? Are you crazy? Half the time at 1400 Elo he isn't even banned, let alone at higher levels of play.
Maybe it's just me ELO, mid 1100's, but he is ALWAYS banned. I think I've been able to play him in ranked 4 times.

UnblestDevotee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Eh he won't be able to handle the new jungle as well anywas. Think about it Amumu needs a leash to survive blue buff and requires blue buff to jungle anything else. With the new jungle he won't have a leash so he will require mid to stand with him and add damage for while to be useful.

Mid Is A Feeder

11-25-2012

Lol, IDK about season 3 but in the current way, he is basically an easy win for your team IF..

Theres no jungler on the other team.
If there is, it takes a jungle invade and your ****ed. Not even that, take shaco for example. If he waddles in at a few minutes and takes red, golems and wraiths amumu will be completely ****ed. He not only CANT counter jungle, but is the most susceptible champ to it.

TLDR:
Amumu great, great everything except from people stealing camps,then he cant do anything.

Crystal1s

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchDragon97 View Post
Lol, IDK about season 3 but in the current way, he is basically an easy win for your team IF..

Theres no jungler on the other team.
If there is, it takes a jungle invade and your ****ed. Not even that, take shaco for example. If he waddles in at a few minutes and takes red, golems and wraiths amumu will be completely ****ed. He not only CANT counter jungle, but is the most susceptible champ to it.

TLDR:
Amumu great, great everything except from people stealing camps,then he cant do anything.
@ TLDR: He can do something....that's crying. Best to counterjungle him from the get-go. Snatch his first blue and he'll struggle. Do it again and he'll ehh......cry. If you don't....you'd better pray you have tons of utility for teamfights (or Amumu would press R on your whole team just to prevent them from running away so he can make friends)

On OP: The following champs may like a word with you: Shen, Morgana, Malph, Blitz. These 4 are banned about the same rate as Amumu does (in the elo im in. Alistair yes...but not as much).

Cheap0

11-26-2012

I'm almost inclined to agree with this. I really like Amumu, but I've mostly just given up on playing him since he's moved up to near permaban status (around 1250 - 1350 Elo). It's funny...nothing changed for him at all. He wasn't nerfed or buff, just that the meta shifted, and suddenly he goes from strong to OP in people's eyes.

On the bright side, Morgana's no longer a permaban at this Elo. She's barely an occasional ban. Makes me happy that I can finally play my favorite mid in ranked. You win some and you lose some I guess.

Saracen07

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadogi View Post
He's my favorite jungler, but, in his current state, he's banned in 100% of all ranked games. Why have a champ in the game that is never played?
I dont understand your logic.. a champ who is your favorite, in my opinion a very very good champ and your response is to nerf or remove him because people block him?

Take a look at shen they've been nibbling at him with nerfs and still hes banned.

Grollm

11-26-2012

I play Amumu often and he probably one of my favorite junglers, but he's really only viable at the lower elos. If you get an aggressive enemy jungler, they can shut you down hard. And at upper elo low if they see you have an amumu they are going to try to shut you down, because if they don't he can single-handedly turn around a team fight. All it takes is a bad engage on the enemies part and a mia Mumu, next thing you know bandage toss, R, w, e, team commence operation blow them the **** up! Ace! GGWP.