Ranked

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AcademicC

12-18-2012

Riot really needs some sort of system that stops people from being screwed over in ranked. I lose just about every ranked game, going positive, and winning my lane. I shouldn't be punished for that, putting my ELO lower, and placing me with players that are even more terrible than the ones I'm already with. I just got out of a game where a player went 0-15 in ranked, followed by 2 more games where at least 2 players go 5-10 or worse. Honestly they shouldn't have the option to play ranked. After having such a bad performance on a consistent basis, the player should be banned from ranked until they prove they can handle a more competitive level. I only play games for the competitive aspect, and this completely ruins the game for me, and makes me want to not even play. Its a waste of my time if I'm going into 40 minute plus games, and having teammates that still don't know the basics of the game. Not to mention, there's no way around playing the full game, no one ever surrenders in ranked, and id get punished more than i already am if i left. Seems like the games meant more toward casual players than competitive players, even in ranked playlists. The only way I can actually enjoy playing, is with a real life friend who has the same mindset, but he refuses to play ranked without me. Together we've never lost a ranked game because we can count on each other to carry, which of course is the case in every game we've played. I think there needs to be some more major changes, the games still not close to where it needs to be.

OhYuhhh

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcademicC View Post
Riot really needs some sort of system that stops people from being screwed over in ranked. I lose just about every ranked game, going positive, and winning my lane. I shouldn't be punished for that, putting my ELO lower, and placing me with players that are even more terrible than the ones I'm already with. I just got out of a game where a player went 0-15 in ranked, followed by 2 more games where at least 2 players go 5-10 or worse. Honestly they shouldn't have the option to play ranked. After having such a bad performance on a consistent basis, the player should be banned from ranked until they prove they can handle a more competitive level. I only play games for the competitive aspect, and this completely ruins the game for me, and makes me want to not even play. Its a waste of my time if I'm going into 40 minute plus games, and having teammates that still don't know the basics of the game. Not to mention, there's no way around playing the full game, no one ever surrenders in ranked, and id get punished more than i already am if i left. Seems like the games meant more toward casual players than competitive players, even in ranked playlists. The only way I can actually enjoy playing, is with a real life friend who has the same mindset, but he refuses to play ranked without me. Together we've never lost a ranked game because we can count on each other to carry, which of course is the case in every game we've played. I think there needs to be some more major changes, the games still not close to where it needs to be.
i agree man i went from 1300 to 900 then back to 1100 BARELY due to feeders and people that just suck at the game. and when i been honest and say they shouldnt play ranked because they suck, which is stating a true fact. Then i get banned for it for 2 weeks. Makes me not want to play league anymore knowing i can get banned for any little thing

AcademicC

12-18-2012

Yeah, I've been suspended for telling people that they're bad, which is dumb, if you cant handle there's a language filter. It's dumb and frustrating losing because of others constantly, if i could ever make it to 1500+ i know it'll bring the fun back into the game but........ how the hell will i ever make it to 1500+ with the teammates i get matched up with?

Lionite

Master Recruiter

12-18-2012

I sort of agree, but at the same time I don't. If you constantly go positive and carry the team, you will raise your elo slowly. These same players that you speak of will only keep going down in elo. In a month they'll be at 800- elo while you will probably be back in the 1300's. You're also getting better in your individual skills by having to try harder to carry these people. It's frustrating, but believe it or not having these people on your team constantly only gets you better at the game.

Liceomlett

12-18-2012

1 team has to lose, deal with it.

Voyles

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcademicC View Post
I lose just about every ranked game... After having such a bad performance on a consistent basis, the player should be banned from ranked until they prove they can handle a more competitive level.
Sounds about right.

I'm not sure why people who lose all the time need to blame it on something else. For every one of you guys who lose all the time, there must be another person who wins all the time. If you want to be a winner, figure out what that guy is doing.

ChaosSeraph

12-18-2012

Play some CoD, nuke ftw