[Champion Idea.] Dante the Darkslayer (Work in Progress)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NobSaiboot

12-13-2012

Bump of Shame...Seems like my other idea has steamrolled this one over. :3

King Kyra

Recruiter

12-14-2012

If I were playing as him I'd prefer that his W should do less base damage, and more damage for the charges. He seems a lot like a Yi and Shen combination to me when I look at his moves. Interesting lore to say the least. I feel like he was a fat 10 year old summoner that didn't like playing with noobs, and decided to work out and be a champion.

NobSaiboot

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCFlygon View Post
I feel like he we a fat 10 year old summoner that didn't like playing with noobs, and decided to work out and be a champion.

#Nike

NobSaiboot

12-14-2012

Added recommended build

pengwndude

12-15-2012

so
pretty good here

passive: if he attacks as quickly as yi, 3 attacks is too few. perhaps 6?

In general I don't know too much about energy
So i can't gauge the costs and cooldowns.

q: seems pretty good. this can lead up to a chain slow. it seems
w: the cooldown is appropriate for this skill. At first i was like you'll never stop spinning! but with this cooldown, the skill is not to be spammed.
e this seems similar to irelias ult. Perhaps with each successive enemy it touches it deals less damage. I'm just thinking that if it's similar to her ult, it might be op for a regular skill.
r: not bad. It's a good duelist ult. however, how long does the ult last? it can't last JUST until max damage is taken, or you'll literally kite people to fountain. Or is "defensive position" like galio where you can't move?
It also should not cost NOTHING. that's a little ridiculous.
I think the cooldown can scale less too. It's quite powerful.

What's the base energy?

As for the base stats, actual numbers can help gauge the champion.

froz mallet seems redundant with 2 slows already (just saying)

not bad man, keep up the good work.

NobSaiboot

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pengwndude View Post
passive: if he attacks as quickly as yi, 3 attacks is too few. perhaps 6?
Dunkmaster Dante isn't exactly a good idea but whatever floats the boat. :3

Quote:
e this seems similar to irelias ult. Perhaps with each successive enemy it touches it deals less damage. I'm just thinking that if it's similar to her ult, it might be op for a regular skill.
Good point. I'll be sure to change that.

Quote:
r: not bad. It's a good duelist ult. however, how long does the ult last? it can't last JUST until max damage is taken, or you'll literally kite people to fountain. Or is "defensive position" like galio where you can't move?
It has a 2 second channel. The cap is to give you a better foothold on a further built champion. Also he's stationary for the entire channel.

Quote:
It also should not cost NOTHING. that's a little ridiculous.
I see where you're coming from but that's what makes other energy based champions like Zed, Shen and Lee Sin's ultimate's extremely effective. They can use it without worrying about becoming null and void in the ensuing team fight because of the cost. but the counter being one of two things. 1: A single target ability or 2: A extremely long CD (Which explains why it has such a large one in your other comment. A true damage ult with a moderate CD would make it OP.

Quote:
What's the base energy?
Base energy is always 200 for energy-based champs. I have yet to see one with more or less.

Quote:
As for the base stats, actual numbers can help gauge the champion.
Unfortunately base stats are an issue with me. Especially when it has to do with per level. Ability stats are easier because there's only five levels but 18...Is too much for me. :/

Quote:
froz mallet seems redundant with 2 slows already (just saying)
I thought of it more for the HP component then the slow. No need to have a phage lying around when you can build it into something.

Quote:
not bad man, keep up the good work.
Thanks for stopping by. ^^

NobSaiboot

12-18-2012

Oh look...This thread. :3

Moby the White

12-18-2012

oh look dante! hey cryo guess what! i'm making another champion although you will prolly be asleep by the time he comes out :P

NobSaiboot

12-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
oh look dante! hey cryo guess what! i'm making another champion although you will prolly be asleep by the time he comes out :P
Most likely yeah. Sorry man.

Dzanio

12-18-2012

Is this really what I think it is o.O. A balanced champion, I demand it be removed from the forums as a disgrace (Sarcasm). Obviously you have put too much time and effort into the endeavor.

I like the e, but I think it would work better with his kit if it were more like Vi's Excessive Force, and was applied as an auto attack reset/aoe dmg directly behind target enemy. This would make it much easier to stack up the attack speed on his passive in short engagements/ganks so that he does the extra damage.

Ult--becomes intangible? So super Poppy ult? I think that portion should be left out personally.

Final comments; energy based characters usually have an energy bar between 200 and 300 units large. You can't actually get off a full combo using all of his abilities with his current kit. I would suggest adding some skill based way of reclaiming energy as part of the combo so that you can extend it.

Also I don't see the size of his energy pool listed anywhere, but maybe I'm blind.