[Champion Idea.] Dante the Darkslayer (Work in Progress)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Moby the White

12-07-2012

idk about that i think dante has totally original spells and lore i would know i wrote the lore...

>.<

cryoshell just an update if you haven't noticed i indexed all of my work under this thread in case you still want to follow me Click here.

Falstar

12-07-2012

Judgement Cut? DmC inspired I guess, since Dante's brother Vergil in DmC 3 uses a skill called Judgement Cut, generally up to 3 times unless he starts using his desperation move.

Anyways, the idea is great, though not completely original (No idea is original). I like that he's different than most champions created today. I think Moby did great work on the Lore and his skill kit is pretty cool. Big fan of DmC, so I support this champ.

Moby the White

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstar View Post
Judgement Cut? DmC inspired I guess, since Dante's brother Vergil in DmC 3 uses a skill called Judgement Cut, generally up to 3 times unless he starts using his desperation move.

Anyways, the idea is great, though not completely original (No idea is original). I like that he's different than most champions created today. I think Moby did great work on the Lore and his skill kit is pretty cool. Big fan of DmC, so I support this champ.
much appreciated thank you

NobSaiboot

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falstar View Post

Thanks man ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
idk about that i think dante has totally original spells and lore i would know i wrote the lore...

>.<

cryoshell just an update if you haven't noticed i indexed all of my work under this thread in case you still want to follow me Click here.

I'll keep a good eye on it. And thanks for the vote of confidence. ^^

Anddrew

12-08-2012

Dante's abilities do much to high damage.

I'll name all of the abilities and suggest what they should be scaled into.

Dark Forge Blades(Passive): It's actually under powered.
Current:
Every third attack is a splash attack at 50% of current AD.

Changes:
Every other attack is a splash attack at 50% of current AD, applies on hit at half damage.
Must be done in succession.

Hightime (Q)
Current:
-damage: 150/200/250/300/350(with a 1.0 bonus AD Ratio)
-slow: 20/25/30/35/40
-range: 475 dash, AoE Basic attack range slow

Changes:
-damage: 70/125/180/235/290(with a 0.9 bonus AD Ratio)
-slow: 20/23.75/27.5/31.25/35
-range: 475 dash, 175 AoE(similar to Lee Sin's)

Blue Rose(W):
Current:
-damage: 75/110/145/180/215 (0.15 AD Ratio)
-damage per charge: 50/55/60/65/70 (0.15 AD)
-range: 425
-cooldown: 30/27/24/21/18
-knocks back at max charges

Changes:
-damage 75/110/145/180/215 (0.6 bonus AD ratio)
-damage per charge: 5/10/15/20/25 (0.1 bonus AD ratio)
-range: 200
-range increase per charge: 40
-cooldown: 26/22/18/14/10
-remove knock back and apply 15% slow

Judgement Cut (E)
Current:
-1st slash dmg: 50/75/100/125/150(0.25 AD Ratio)
-2nd slash dmg: 75/100/125/150/175(0.5 AD Ratio)
-3rd slash dmg: 100/125/150/175/200(1.0 AD Ratio)
-range: 900, 1100, 1300.
-energy cost: 30 60 90

Changes:
-damage of 1st and 2nd slash: 30/50/70/90/110 (0.25 Bonus AD Ratio)
-damage of 3rd slash: 60/110/160/210/260 (0.5 Bonus AD Ratio)
-range: 550 for first and second slash, 750, for third final slash.
-Targeting: Cursor
-First and second slash will be wide horizontal slashes, with a 200 wide foward wave, third will be a 100 wide foward wave that moves 20% faster than previous waves.
-Energy Cost: 30 for first and second wave, 45 for third wave.

Mortal Draw(Ultimate, R): Please consult Galio's Ult before making an OP taunt AoE ult like this.
Current:
-Damage: Min: 100/200/300, Max: 450/700/1100
-Damage Reduction: 35% for all ranks.
-Range: 1200(I hope this is the diameter)
-stuns after channel

Changes:
-damage: Min: 100/175/250(.8 bonus AD Ratio) Max: 200/350/500(1.6 Bonus AD ratio)
-Damage reduction: 25/30/35
-Range: 500(radius, 1000 Diameter)
-Channel: 2 seconds
-Charge per hit: 10% increase in damage, charges up to 10 times
-remove stun, 2 seconds of heavy CC, and true damage is more than enough, especially having the potential to do this to an entire team.

Reasoning behind all the 'nerfs' to your champion:
Dante's Q was already much to powerful of at rank 1 and his other ranks, start off at 150 damage that could be used as an escape and a hard initiate, that also applies a slow. Most Champions Q's damage ranges between 70-140, but even so there requires a pre-requisit to achieve the high end of the damage, the hard hitting rank 1's seldom never are also escapes.

Dante's W is also another case of being to powerful. The skill itself has a lot of versatility and damage. this skill may be used as an escape, and a heavy hitter with the ratios you assigned and has the potential to do 320, to one target at rank one, before armor reductions, that means it can do 1600 to a group of 5 at rank one, and know them all away. An enemy champion at max after runes can have up to 1,000 hp, but ADCs and Melee Bruisers have from 500-700 hp. Having such a large range also makes it much easier to pick off enemies.

Dante's E will leave him empty on energy, and will leave an enemy dead fairly easy. Damage scales to well with attack damage, 1.75 ratio. The range is insane for a melee champion, most ADCs have a range of 500-600. The 1 second between casts allows him to place an auto attack inbetween each attack.

Dante's R, his ultimate does true damage, taunts people for a certain amount of time, and stuns them. It's able to do 1100 true damage max, to 5 people, with a fairly large range. Combined with the dash of his Q, the skill will definitely be much to powerful. Sure the cool down would be high, but I honestly wouldn't complain if I was playing a champion with 300 second cooldowns on each of his skills but they all instantly killed a champion, then again everyone else that doesn't play that champion would complain.

After everything, the champion in terms of abilities is overpowered and the changes I've advised would make it a lot more fair and a better base to start making alterations to make it as balanced as possible. I took my time with this, so please look at it and consider it.

NobSaiboot

12-08-2012

Wow...Time for me to get schooled. :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anddrew View Post

Dark Forge Blades(Passive): It's actually under powered.
Current:
Every third attack is a splash attack at 50% of current AD.

Changes:
Every other attack is a splash attack at 50% of current AD, applies on hit at half damage.
Must be done in succession.

Every other attack would basically be a free Tiamat (which it isn't meant to be) You wouldn't do it on Jax would you?

Quote:
Hightime (Q)
Current:
-damage: 150/200/250/300/350(with a 1.0 bonus AD Ratio)
-slow: 20/25/30/35/40
-range: 475 dash, AoE Basic attack range slow

Changes:
-damage: 70/125/180/235/290(with a 0.9 bonus AD Ratio)
-slow: 20/23.75/27.5/31.25/35
-range: 475 dash, 175 AoE(similar to Lee Sin's)

Alrighty seems fair.

Quote:
Blue Rose(W):
Current:
-damage: 75/110/145/180/215 (0.15 AD Ratio)
-damage per charge: 50/55/60/65/70 (0.15 AD)
-range: 425
-cooldown: 30/27/24/21/18
-knocks back at max charges

Changes:
-damage 75/110/145/180/215 (0.6 bonus AD ratio)
-damage per charge: 5/10/15/20/25 (0.1 bonus AD ratio)
-range: 200
-range increase per charge: 40
-cooldown: 26/22/18/14/10
-remove knock back and apply 15% slow

The charges are meant to be the things that lets it deal much more damage. Having it do that little per charge is the exact opposite of that. Also there's no point in having two slows on a champion so the knockback stays.

Quote:
Judgement Cut (E)
Current:
-1st slash dmg: 50/75/100/125/150(0.25 AD Ratio)
-2nd slash dmg: 75/100/125/150/175(0.5 AD Ratio)
-3rd slash dmg: 100/125/150/175/200(1.0 AD Ratio)
-range: 900, 1100, 1300.
-energy cost: 30 60 90

Changes:
-damage of 1st and 2nd slash: 30/50/70/90/110 (0.25 Bonus AD Ratio)
-damage of 3rd slash: 60/110/160/210/260 (0.5 Bonus AD Ratio)
-range: 550 for first and second slash, 750, for third final slash.
-Targeting: Cursor
-First and second slash will be wide horizontal slashes, with a 200 wide foward wave, third will be a 100 wide foward wave that moves 20% faster than previous waves.
-Energy Cost: 30 for first and second wave, 45 for third wave.
First and second slash are meant to be different. I understand nerfing the range but not making first and second exactly the same.

Quote:
Mortal Draw(Ultimate, R): Please consult Galio's Ult before making an OP taunt AoE ult like this.
Hmmm...Cooldown of 170/150/130 same as Galio's, AoE is about 1200 units in diameter same as Galio's, taunts enemies (Like Galio's) and deals extra damage based of how much damage was dealt to him...I think it's safe to say that I read Galio's ult when I made it. So it would help your case a lot if you didn't say useless things that makes you look like an ass. I'm sorry but this was unnecessary.
Quote:

Current:
-Damage: Min: 100/200/300, Max: 450/700/1100
-Damage Reduction: 35% for all ranks.
-Range: 1200(I hope this is the diameter)
-stuns after channel

Changes:
-damage: Min: 100/175/250(.8 bonus AD Ratio) Max: 200/350/500(1.6 Bonus AD ratio)
-Damage reduction: 25/30/35
-Range: 500(radius, 1000 Diameter)
-Channel: 2 seconds
-Charge per hit: 10% increase in damage, charges up to 10 times
-remove stun, 2 seconds of heavy CC, and true damage is more than enough, especially having the potential to do this to an entire team.
I'll nerf the amount of damage but the stun stays...I'll make it like Riven's stun that way it it's more of a dazed stun then a "I got body slammed by Malphite". I agree that 1100 is way too much but you've seem to loose the fact that it doesn't scale on anything except enemies damaging you...And if the amount of damage taken is reduced by 35% it's going to take a while to reach the cap (Especially when you only channel for 2 seconds. That being said the cap needs to be reduced.

Quote:
Reasoning behind all the 'nerfs' to your champion:
Dante's Q was already much to powerful of at rank 1 and his other ranks, start off at 150 damage that could be used as an escape and a hard initiate, that also applies a slow. Most Champions Q's damage ranges between 70-140, but even so there requires a pre-requisit to achieve the high end of the damage, the hard hitting rank 1's seldom never are also escapes.

Dante's W is also another case of being to powerful. The skill itself has a lot of versatility and damage. this skill may be used as an escape, and a heavy hitter with the ratios you assigned and has the potential to do 320, to one target at rank one, before armor reductions, that means it can do 1600 to a group of 5 at rank one, and know them all away. An enemy champion at max after runes can have up to 1,000 hp, but ADCs and Melee Bruisers have from 500-700 hp. Having such a large range also makes it much easier to pick off enemies.

Dante's E will leave him empty on energy, and will leave an enemy dead fairly easy. Damage scales to well with attack damage, 1.75 ratio. The range is insane for a melee champion, most ADCs have a range of 500-600. The 1 second between casts allows him to place an auto attack inbetween each attack.

Dante's R, his ultimate does true damage, taunts people for a certain amount of time, and stuns them. It's able to do 1100 true damage max, to 5 people, with a fairly large range. Combined with the dash of his Q, the skill will definitely be much to powerful. Sure the cool down would be high, but I honestly wouldn't complain if I was playing a champion with 300 second cooldowns on each of his skills but they all instantly killed a champion, then again everyone else that doesn't play that champion would complain.

After everything, the champion in terms of abilities is overpowered and the changes I've advised would make it a lot more fair and a better base to start making alterations to make it as balanced as possible. I took my time with this, so please look at it and consider it.

And I thank you for your time. ^^

Anddrew

12-08-2012

The reason why I advised on removing the knock back is because it would be to powerful. Especially at higher elo playing where everyone is going to be last hitting minion, I'm pretty sure after 5 CS, the player playing this character will dash in, slow, position himself, then knock him away. The utility of a knock back is huge, and considered heavy CC.

You should still view Galio's ult. Galio's ult damage isn't true damage, same range(before changes applied), Galio doesn't have a way to instantly dash in so that's why I reduced the range of the ult, damage reduction, and it use to be based off how much damage he could take but was changed a while back to; each hit he takes damage increases by 5% to a max of 40% bonus damage and scaled off AP. And even his doesn't have a stun at the end. What you want on this champion's ult is a large amount of heavy CC, with damage that can not be blocked.

You're asking to much from each of your champion's skills, which will make him OP in the game.

NobSaiboot

12-08-2012

Quote:
The reason why I advised on removing the knock back is because it would be to powerful.
So tanks aren't meant to be disruptive? :3 I get what you mean though.

I'm reworking him a little more to make him more duelist minded rather then teamfight minded starting by making his ult a single target attack. That should nerf him considerably unless...You find another issue here? You're a very helpful individual. ^^

NobSaiboot

12-08-2012

Shameless bump.

NobSaiboot

12-09-2012

Safety bump.