LeBlanc's op early game is too op

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Sneak Thief

11-25-2012

This isn't a QQ thread about lb we all know there are champs out there that have a very strong early game, most you could say are op.

A couple example of op early games are listed below.

Draven
We should all know this cocky guy, his early game is not to be trifled with. Later on in the lanining phase though he starts to fall off a little bit and some smart actions can really counter him whoever you be.

Renekton
Well you see him a lot in LoL art at least. Renekton is known to have a strong early game that when utilized correctly forces you to play safe. However his damage isn't like darius.

Those too have what we know as strong early games. The key to Renekton however is to play it safe, he can't dive you or make you recall forever. Draven on the other hand is basically smarrt actions mostly your support will have to cc him because no adc can 1v1 him early game.

Leblanc however is basically far too strong for early game. She can dive you at lvl 6 once she whithers you down a little and then kill you outright at lvl 11. Her burst combined with high mobility makes every mid just cry denying farm and experience. She will then like most lb's snowball and start making eveyrone else feed her. Basically only 1 mid can actually deal with her passively and thats galio. Who on earth wants to play galio just because someone chose Lb?

The Magic Stick

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasyjoker View Post
i have a large panis.
woooooooah there buddy

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyJoker View Post
This isn't a QQ thread about lb
>uses "too OP" in the title, which is redundant and stupid
>says it's not a QQ thread
>continues to complain about Leblanc

Move along, nothing special here, just someone still learning to internet.

Halegorn

11-25-2012

Ahri can beat her, you just have to play smart. When LeBlanc comes towards you, she will likely go around the minions to better line up her snare. When she does that, Charm her, combo her, and run away and leave LeBlanc to try and catch up. LeBlanc also has a terribly hard time farming effectively and relies on champion kills to boost her to viability. There are of course counters to every champion, and one with cc of some sort beats LB. Soraka, Kassadin, and Ahri can all make her miserable and shut her down mid combo. You could also try Lux and just not utilize the passive because she only has a snare. Basically either cc her, or out range her.

Flipsy

11-25-2012

Most AP mids benefit from Athene's Unholy Grail. That being said, build a Chalice of Harmony early on and play passive. Don't over extend, trade hits only when it benefits you and you know where the jungler is. Personally, I love fighting LB, #1 because I used to main her so I know her limits and cooldowns, and #2 because I currently main Orianna. Chalice + 2 ranks of Command: Protect get me past the 20 minute mark without feeding a single kill to her. Don't over extend, get MR, win.

Stray Logos

11-25-2012

The problem I have with LB is that the common argument for how to counter her is "don't feed and buy MR". The problem with buying early MR is that all LB has to do is buy a Haunting Guise (which is going to actually build into something soon :O), and she still hits your for almost as much as if you had not built anything at all. Meanwhile her build is not really delayed (she is still doing her job of instagibbing squishies), and you are stuck with less damage and almost useless MR.

Also I have yet to see the whole "she's not OP cuz she falls off late game" actually happen in one of my games. A LB that never gets a kill is useless I'll grant you that, but the difficulty in preventing her from snowballing is very high unless you just happen to have a Galio in mid. Late game with moderate CS and maybe only 1 or 2 kills a LB still performs her role as an assassin extremely well, and really does not fall off as hard as people say (especially if she is building mpen instead of strait AP).

I think the issue is really the fact that even if you try to use creeps to block her chain, and play passive, her blink has such a large range and is so safe that you have to outplay the LB player by a very large margin just to prevent yourself from feeding.

JustMyBassCannon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Logos View Post
The problem I have with LB is that the common argument for how to counter her is "don't feed and buy MR". The problem with buying early MR is that all LB has to do is buy a Haunting Guise (which is going to actually build into something soon :O), and she still hits your for almost as much as if you had not built anything at all. Meanwhile her build is not really delayed (she is still doing her job of instagibbing squishies), and you are stuck with less damage and almost useless MR.

Also I have yet to see the whole "she's not OP cuz she falls off late game" actually happen in one of my games. A LB that never gets a kill is useless I'll grant you that, but the difficulty in preventing her from snowballing is very high unless you just happen to have a Galio in mid. Late game with moderate CS and maybe only 1 or 2 kills a LB still performs her role as an assassin extremely well, and really does not fall off as hard as people say (especially if she is building mpen instead of strait AP).

I think the issue is really the fact that even if you try to use creeps to block her chain, and play passive, her blink has such a large range and is so safe that you have to outplay the LB player by a very large margin just to prevent yourself from feeding.
Have you noticed that Haunting Guise and Sorcerer's Shoes have a total combined cost of 2585 gold? Meanwhile you can easily get more MR than the amount of MPen that those items give for just 740 gold via Negatron Cloak. And while it's true that having MPen counters those items, it's better to have them and at least still be able to rely on your base MR/runes/masteries for defense. If you build MR early, depending on who you're playing mid, you can get Chalice or Hexdrinker, which are both fantastic in the lane phase and increase your survivability plenty.

And yes, the best way to handle Leblanc is to not be aggressive early game. If she can't get kills, she can't snowball AND she can't hold you back from being useful to your own team. Just like Darius and Xin Zhao, Leblanc's goal is to hold someone back during the laning phase so that they are not as useful to their team.

Flipsy

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stray Logos View Post

Everyone has said LB and Morgana were OP mids, super broken, need nerf, etc. In the Orianna guide I was building, I noticed something interesting: I had scaling MR runes, I was building Chalice/AUG (which isn't just "useless MR") and Abyssal Scepter (which isn't just "useless MR") for LB and a Chalice/AUG and Quicksilver Sash for Morgana and out of 18 Morganas I've faced in Ranked and the countless ones I faced in normals, I only lost lane AND game to 2 (1 roamed with her jungler to counter-jungle our ****** Amumu). As for LB, I've only lost to 1 LB ever, and that was a 1v1 against my ex-girlfriend who mained LB. So either statistically the players I've faced are all absolutely terrible, or "useless MR" was the reason for it.

You seem to think that there is just one standard build that exists and if you deviate from it, you're an idiot. That's just absolutely incorrect. You need to have diversity in builds for different champions, LB is no exception. Building glass cannon for every toon you play is going to be the reason why people will hate you in Ranked. You will never deviate from what you see on solomid/mobafire, and call others noobs just because you went 0-10 against an LB and you had little to no MR. Don't be aggressive in lane, and let your minions take her tower. She can't clear waves THAT well, and if you softly push the lane minions will be at her tower, and if she's wasting her mana using skills on you, she's losing out on minions to the turret.

Looking at your record of your last 10 games played in 5v5's, you have the same exact build of Sorc's Shoes, Haunting Guise, and either a Rylai's or building up to one, with the only real "deviation" being the addition of a Philosopher's Stone if you're supporting. You're following the same exact build as you (from the oldest to the most recent) support Elise bottom, I assume top lane vs Teemo, supporting Elise again bottom, AP mid vs LB (where you get a whopping 14 minions), top Malphite, and AP mid vs Ziggs. You surely won't win doing that over and over for the time you play League of Legends.

CerealBoxOfDoom

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyJoker View Post
This isn't a QQ thread about lb we all know there are champs out there that have a very strong early game, most you could say are op.

A couple example of op early games are listed below.

Draven
We should all know this cocky guy, his early game is not to be trifled with. Later on in the lanining phase though he starts to fall off a little bit and some smart actions can really counter him whoever you be.

Renekton
Well you see him a lot in LoL art at least. Renekton is known to have a strong early game that when utilized correctly forces you to play safe. However his damage isn't like darius.

Those too have what we know as strong early games. The key to Renekton however is to play it safe, he can't dive you or make you recall forever. Draven on the other hand is basically smarrt actions mostly your support will have to cc him because no adc can 1v1 him early game.

Leblanc however is basically far too strong for early game. She can dive you at lvl 6 once she whithers you down a little and then kill you outright at lvl 11. Her burst combined with high mobility makes every mid just cry denying farm and experience. She will then like most lb's snowball and start making eveyrone else feed her. Basically only 1 mid can actually deal with her passively and thats galio. Who on earth wants to play galio just because someone chose Lb?
Wait... leblanc is diving you? Wouldn't she have to push her lane to do this........

........ did I miss something?

Sogreth

11-25-2012

OP has a point. Yes, LB can be dealt with, with smart play and certain champs, and yes she falls HARD late game. But I think her early game needs to be toned down, and her late game can be buffed a bit. I would much rather have a more...."reliable" champ, rather than one that becomes dead weight if she isn't fed 15 minutes in.

I don't think she is exactly OP, but she would be a great mage to have around if she could help her team out a bit more, rather than hoarding all the gold to herself.