Darius Jungle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DoubleDogDareeus

11-26-2012

Where exactly does Darius fit in the meta? I know a lot of people play solo-top, but is he a viable jungler too? Who counters Darius?

If there is anyone who plays ranked Darius, I'd love to get some tips for the future.

OMG Kittens Meow

11-26-2012

There are a lot more viable champions to jungle with. Mainly since they have some sort of heal as they jungle attack or spell. Darius can jungle just fine since his Q whirl can cleave multiple mobs. However his greatest downfall is his lack or mobility from counter junglers and ganks. Also his W slow is not to useful on jungle mobs that never need to be slowed, and his E pull for the similar reason.

He can jungle just fine as long as you don't mind relying on your Q and auto attack for nearly all your dps on mobs.

Although whenever you see a level 6 Jungle Darius running out of the bush towards you with Red buff, your first thought is usually "Damn, this might hurt a little"

DoubleDogDareeus

11-26-2012

Haha, yeah...or a lot xD

I just thought of my account name and was like "I should main Darius" then realized I had never played him and had no clue what his strong / weak points were.

Still want to play him just for names sake :P

NiceDynamite

11-26-2012

He's not really that great of a jungler in my opinion, and most times he falls off fast unless he gets some successful ganks early game. His lack of mobility and his slow clear time are a big downfall. As long as you ward properly and GTFO when you see him coming, he won't be much of a threat. Unless of course your team is really bad and just keep feeding him.

Grollm

11-26-2012

http://www.reignofgaming.net/tier-li...e-season-3-era
Darius was a tier 2 jungler last season. The good thing about Darius is he has great damage and he can build as a tank, support, bruiser whatever, and his damage is still awesome. So far in season 3 he showsp promise, but more analysis needs to be done to really determine what tier he falls in. If you are good with Darius and know how to use your ult to secure kills and not just "killsteal"then you are good. I just played a ranked game with Darius jungle and I did pretty well 7/5/6. His clear times are pretty fast, he is a good counter jungler, and he's not really susceptible to being counter jungled, because who wants to meet a Darius in the jungle? I know I don't!

ThePsychoPotato

11-26-2012

Darius can jungle, but then again almost every champ in the game can jungle to some degree. I mean there are people who play Jungle Karthus and Jungle Blitzcrank, and they are viable (sort of), but in no way ideal. It's better for Darius to stay up top where he can farm up his items and be better equipped to dunk people later in the game.

Now in regards to people who counter Darius, there are actually quite a few:

- Jax is easily the hardest counter to Darius, his Counter Strike makes it worthless to pull Jax in and allows him to easily harass Darius.

- Malphite counters almost any AD champion, Darius included. It takes forever to eat through Malphite's armor to get in range of dunking and by then Darius is likely almost or already dead.

- Teemo will kite Darius through mushrooms all day and night and when you do manage to land a pull on Teemo he will just blind you.

- Jayce counters Darius because he is able to just sit back at range and slowly lower your HP until he is ready to jump in and finish you off. However, Darius can win against Jayce if he can't land his gate shot which will cause him to waste his mana thanks to the recent nerf.

- Kayle will outrage Darius all day. All Kayle has to do is Q for the slow/damage increase and then E+ AA until your dead. Plus her ult makes her impervious to Darius's dunk.

There are a few others but basically anyone who has range, a hard CC, high health and/or armor will give Darius a hard time.

Grollm

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnboy37 View Post
Darius can jungle, but then again almost every champ in the game can jungle to some degree. I mean there are people who play Jungle Karthus and Jungle Blitzcrank, and they are viable (sort of), but in no way ideal. It's better for Darius to stay up top where he can farm up his items and be better equipped to dunk people later in the game.

Now in regards to people who counter Darius, there are actually quite a few:

- Jax is easily the hardest counter to Darius, his Counter Strike makes it worthless to pull Jax in and allows him to easily harass Darius.

- Malphite counters almost any AD champion, Darius included. It takes forever to eat through Malphite's armor to get in range of dunking and by then Darius is likely almost or already dead.

- Teemo will kite Darius through mushrooms all day and night and when you do manage to land a pull on Teemo he will just blind you.

- Jayce counters Darius because he is able to just sit back at range and slowly lower your HP until he is ready to jump in and finish you off. However, Darius can win against Jayce if he can't land his gate shot which will cause him to waste his mana thanks to the recent nerf.

- Kayle will outrage Darius all day. All Kayle has to do is Q for the slow/damage increase and then E+ AA until your dead. Plus her ult makes her impervious to Darius's dunk.

There are a few others but basically anyone who has range, a hard CC, high health and/or armor will give Darius a hard time.
I think he was referring to people who counter Darius in the jungle, and Darius is perfectly good jungler.