I've been from ELO HELL and back.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Claytone

11-25-2012

Hello, so basically, I was unlucky like most people, got bad people in placement matches, and got bad luck. I got trolls after trolls and lost 8 games in a row. I was down to 900 ELO.

I made many mistakes, not in the actual skill of the game, but in how I ACTED. I would yell and yell at our bot for feeding, I would yell at whoever would die. I would yell at our jungler when he never ganks, I was really mad, and I was falling deeper and deeper into ELO HELL.

I took a 1 day break from LoL and decided to research tips to get higher ELO, and how to get out of ELO HELL, I watched maybe 3 hours of videos and read the forums for 2 hours.

I decided this is what I was gonna change:

1. Stop yelling at my teammates, because no matter how much I yelled, they couldn't do anything and you can't change the past, I decided I would nicely tell them not to make that mistake again and tell them what to do if they were in that position again.
2. I was gonna gank other lanes more. Since most people at that elo have NO IDEA how to last-hit, I would usally have a 50 CS lead 15 minutes in, or more. I would simply get lvl 6, then gank bot or top, giving them the kills, as I could get the money in CS.
3. Dodge more, if you sense a troll pick, dodge! no use playing a game with a troll and loosing elo, when I can just wait 30 minutes, watch some videos or livestreams, then just play again and win.
4. Invading is a great way to get a head start. I tell my team where to stay and when to go in, and we usally get 3 kills.

After I did that, I started getting DRASTIC changes, In 1 day I went from 900-1000 elo, and was growing, I met someone who became my friend, and we duo'd alot. I was carrying every game and telling my teammates what to do. I was 1050 at the end of the day.

Today alone I went from 1050 to 1150, and I am constantly winning, I went from having 14 ranked wins to 29! I win almost every game, often getting 5 game winning sprees.

Me and my friends are constantly duoing, and getting higher in ELO.

After all this, my TIPS to get out of ELO HELL are:

1. DUO with a friend! If you duo, thats 1 less person going to troll, and another chance your going to win!
2. Focus on last-hitting and attack-moving.
3. Don't yell, help your teammates and stay calm.
4. Gank lanes alot, remember at this ELO, kills are the main source of INCOME.
5. Don't be afraid to dodge queues! Would you rather loose 12-20 ELO than just wait 30 minutes?
6. Have some music on when you play, you will be surprised on the effect it has!
7. Practice on all lanes, and think smart. Don't go in head-first unless your the TANK.
8. If someone gets caught, don't try to fight. You will just give them more kills for free.

Thanks for reading
-LostRecord

Calëb

Recruiter

11-25-2012

I love threads like this! It always helps to read tips even if you already know them. The information is spot-on and it may have tought me a thing or two as well! Really well worded and +1 for grammar! xD

Claytone

11-25-2012

Thanks caleb!

Civil Rights

11-25-2012

Thanks bro, only have 1 ranked win and 1 ranked lose, bouta start playing more ranked games now.

RenegadeResist

11-25-2012

Dodging queues when there's a troll is a great way to not lose elo.

Bulbasores

Recruiter

11-25-2012

Great tips! I completely agree with your tactics involving simply being nicer to your teammates. League becomes a chore when you get grumpy at your team and it never helps.

EyeHearShapes

11-25-2012

i couldn't agree more with 4. Gank lanes alot, remember at this ELO, kills are the main source of INCOME. especially if ur mid .

Amenostosis

11-25-2012

Agree with you guys. i play most of my time as jungler but i know how to support or adc, you need to learn different roles, sometimes one of your teammates could die in real life and will be afk (sarcasm) and u will need to take his role and 4v5 game but if your team have enough communication is not that hard.

1 afk, is one less person giving money for his death.