Holy Bioshock Infinite

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dude1million

04-02-2013

****ing amazing ending...
To think that a video game could be so thought provoking.

Time to play league again and climb the ladders. :P

Nocturnes

04-02-2013

It's really not at all that thought provoking. Whilst it was a visually impressive spectacle, the plot element arguably comes down to the flip of a "coin" and the net results that happen to the characters were said "coin" to land on heads or tails.

Adarkarn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-02-2013

bioshock one

dude1million

04-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnes View Post
It's really not at all that thought provoking. Whilst it was a visually impressive spectacle, the plot element arguably comes down to the flip of a "coin" and the net results that happen to the characters were said "coin" to land on heads or tails.
Constant... and a variable.

TBH I've played a **** load of games with good stories, that's what I always look for when playing a game, a good story. This is probably one of the best i've seen. I mean, recollecting about it, it's not AS interesting as when it was revealed.

Still... those lighthouses.

CrankyCalamari2

04-02-2013

Except that the story is that the coin always lands on heads, even though there's a chance it could be tails. A variable... But a constant.
I thought the game was incredible. Game play, story, characters...

*minor spoiler allusion*

I will admit, though, I felt super awkward when I found out the true relationship between Elizabeth and booker.

MyNameIsDonovan

04-02-2013

*spoilers ahead*

I thought the whole coin thing was to show you there were constants in the worlds. While a coin flip can be considered a variable, that specific coin flip will always be heads, a constant, throughout all of the parallel worlds.
To contrast that point, they gave the player variables to choose from (Elizabeth's pendant on her necklace)

Another neat point was when they went to Rapture, they rode the Bathysphere (which was locked down and could only be used by Andrew Ryan/Jack)
This means that either Elizabeth/Booker where their worlds Andrew Ryan/Jack

ArlanKels

04-02-2013

Spoiler-ahead-maybe?

The ending made no sense.
You can not have one character in a single world be another character in that same existing world, which is what they ended up doing as their big twist. So you-know-who being the bad guy couldn't work given that they existed in the same version of reality. Only one of them could have been made in that version of reality via that realities timeline, yet the game basically makes it so that two did.

Treantwuver

04-03-2013

The Bioshock franchise is known for its crazy top-notch stories and characters. While I haven't gotten Infinite yet, I plan to soon and experience it for myself. I still love the first and second game, the first one had a great story but the gameplay was average and in the second, while the combat was much more improved on, the story turned out to be decent and not as satisfying as the first. Either way, I hope Infinite delivers when I do get my hands on it.

Also hoping Bioshock 3 to take place in Rapture again and be the final part of the trilogy.