Best build for AD malz?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Frail Rain

11-23-2012

What is the current best build? I tried it once and started ToG+Boots>Manamune (so i can always have my voidlings) into Brut (for CDR and ArPen) But kind of faltered after that. what's the best idea for AD malz after this?

Note: I understand that you build for the game and don't have one cookie cutter build. This is just a genelization though.

Cauldrath

11-23-2012

Frozen Heart with Manamune is pretty much core. After that, you'll want to look at some combination of Brutalizer, Last Whisper, Maw of Malmortius, Odyn's Veil, and Frozen Mallet. Don't discount situational items like Thornmail or QSS, though.

FluffyNeko

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

You have to be careful about starting tear first though, as you can get shut down in lane very easily by anyone with a gap closer if they started with a prospectors.

FeanorAlmighty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyanNyan456 View Post
You have to be careful about starting tear first though, as you can get shut down in lane very easily by anyone with a gap closer if they started with a prospectors.
This, it's better to delay your tear than to get stomped.

HaIfhearted

11-23-2012

The thing is, Malz can easily keep the wave at bay from a distance without really placing himself in harms way, so there is really no reason to *not* start tear.

Arcades79

11-23-2012

Right now I like building Tear --> Ionian Boots --> Manamune --> Black Fire Torch as a base

For bottom lane champs that are tough to catch with your combo because they fight at range, the BFT combined with Null zone and DoT is a strong alternative to your AD from minions. Then you fill in your defense with Frozen Heart/Force of Nature and finish up with Last Whisper.

When BFT gets nerfed, sub out that slot for Frozen Mallet/Abyssal Sceptur/Randuins depending on the matchup

Arcades79

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyanNyan456 View Post
Nah, for rough early game matchups, just fall back to your base health pack and passively farm the minions so tower isn't in danger. If they can beat you in an early game 1v1, don't position yourself anywhere near the fight, just use Null Zone and DoT to clear the minions and scoop up your safe health pack every 30s.

The only reason you would die early is you got too close to your opponent.

Frail Rain

11-23-2012

So far Tear has done me well. plus getting the extra 50~ mana before leaving the platform is cool

Fox P McCloud

11-24-2012

When the new items roll around, I suspect Frozen Gauntlet will be preferred over Frozen Heart (as it indirectly amplifies the damage of his pets by a huge amount), and Black Cleaver will be preferred to Last Whisper (since both pets can proc it).

FOODFOOD

11-24-2012

My typical build is:

Merc Treads/Ninja Tabi
Brutalizer
Manamune
Frozen Heart if vs AD
Hex Drinker if vs AP

I recently started adding BFT to the build as well because derp.