What is the State of nocturne moving into season three.

His stat layout should be adjusted to make him a more viable champion in all elo ranges 17 45.95%
His ulti needs to be buffed cause i hate waiting to gank from lane to lane 13 35.14%
You noobs need to just build him more tanky so that you don't feed the other team as much 3 8.11%
Nothing! just play another champion and stop whinning 3 8.11%
He needs to be nerfed. 0 0%
Other I'll explain below 1 2.70%
I'M EXCITED ABOUT HIS LEGENDARY SKIN ^(^.^)^ 17 45.95%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

What happened to roles? (Noc)

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Beaumains

Senior Member

11-26-2012

The thing about Nocturne's ult is the "darknesssss" - that's why it has such a high CD; because that particular ability is one of the single strongest abilities in the game.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaxller

Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Confuse View Post
all the buff his ultimate needs in my opinion is a decreased cooldown at early level and a range increase
+1 thumbs up


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x7r4n3x

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinegades View Post
you say they nerfd noc's ult but other champs have global ults, this is true but there ults dont do like 300 dmg and take you straight to the fight. etc they could be doing baron and you could ult to there team to snipe baron w/ smite while other champs have to time the dmg inc + there dmg + how long it takes there skillshot globals to get there. his ult is on a long cd because it is a true global ult that takes him to the fight
True that his ultimate is unique in that sense but is that really something usefull late game where everybody is grouped up?. His ultimate is most utilized when an enemy is alone. and granted it does take you to them it's NOT a global ultimate. at level one u can barely jump from blue buff to your tower. at level three it's basically mid to top or bottom. aka it's not at all global. and you are referring to a specific situation with that, which is a good one but it's not something that can be applied to all situations. for examble when using his ultimate to escape (which is one utility of it) you have to be in range of another enemy to jump to which with the reduced range is basically the luck of the draw. or when trying to contribute to a team fight his ultimate is only usefull if teammates are somewhat spread out to cut off their vision. in late game his damage doesn't really come into play unless the team has taken (i like the use of this phrase btw) a glass cannon approach and just given up all defence for a pure offence. it's not like most other ultimates where if focused on the physical or magic damage it does significant. and if compared to global ults, his damage output is significantly less, regardless of time to get there or the aim. and on that note nocturnes doesn't make it so that he can just hit anybody out of nowhere, he needs to have vision on that champ to trigger the damage part of his ultimate which is one of the trickiest things to do. unless u are running cv or you have great ward coverage (impossible in low, not common in mid elo) it's almost impossible to ult to that squishy champ that started running early. all other global aimed ultimates don't need to see anything, you just aim and shoot. so in most cases even with that utility of being able to get there in .5 seconds (depending on distance) that aspect of his ultimate is held back by not only his range and cooldown, but also the damage output and the fact that he has to have vision.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x7r4n3x

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon250 View Post
Absolutely agree with you. he was meant to be an assassin but now he doesn't have enough sustain to do that with evryone taking cc heavy or burst heavy teams. I just can't stay alive long enough to assassinate late game.
My biggest problem is that his stats make it so that he can't survive unless you take items that take away from his damage.
that and the fact that the spell sheild is just not enough these days now that everyone seems to have cc. if you can block one stun in a 1v1 situation awesome but against even 2 or 3 let alone a teamfight 1 block is not enough. going back to my other point, getting banshees is worse for him because it takes away another slot that could go to the ad heavy item he really needs.

TY
i don't think that his spell shield needs to be buffed personally, with most cc abilities the champion needs to aim well (except with cases like nunu and malphite (which on a separate note should be made so you aim rather then target)) so you have the option to dodge most. if not that then you can take a summoner spell that will help with escapes like cleanse (rarely ever used) flash (overused) ghost (eh) and if you are tricky exhaust but with my last reply you either take a safety/ chasing summoner spell or you take a utility like cv (great when paired with his ultimate) or teleport (not a big fan) to help with his ultimate or getting to team fights quicker. since most people use noc as a jungler and take smite it's a big decision, in my opinion bigger then most other champions because of the fact that whichever side you chose the consequences on the other end are much greater.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x7r4n3x

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorfen View Post
I'm not going to lie but i dont have anything against champs ending up in a diffirent role or building nocturne tanky.

to most people who have replied simular to this (so i'm not posting 25 replies)

I don't disagree with the idea of building champs different then their roles but you should still be rewarded when building their original role.

with his defensive abilities yes there are great items that utilize the best of both, frozen mallet is one that is in my default. the trouble is with the way his stats scale if you don't get damage/as/crit early in the game then you have trouble finishing enemies and end up just assisting with kills. this may just be because of my play style and i'm open to the idea that mayb i just suck XP but with the way his ability layout is, and this is 100% opinion, an ad/as build compliments his abilities.
with his passive cd reduced with every attack one would want a higher attack speed to utilize it the most
with his q giving him more damage while on the trail as well as movement speed you want to be able to hit faster to take advantage of the time that the trail is active
with his spell shield giving a passive attack speed boost as well as a temporary boost when used correctly it seems like he wants to hit quicker
with his fear....well thats a no brainer, do as much damage as you can while they have no chance to fight back or run away
and his ultimate, that darkness only lasts for about 1.5 seconds, maybe 2 so if you do use it to dash to an enemy you should hit, throw out your combo (w,q,e) and ideally they would be dead if not close to it by the time the shadow is raised,
therefore in my head all this adds up to me thinking that more health = slower attack speed (even with runes and masteries) which means bigger target, which means unless you are pro, more time to finish a kill, which also means more time for the enemy team to gang up on you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x7r4n3x

Senior Member

11-26-2012

it would be really awesome if morello (think i spelt it right) and/or phreak would comment on topics like this to give their opinion since this is their job so they see a lot more then we do #pipedream


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xpxpx

Senior Member

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinegades View Post
you say they nerfd noc's ult but other champs have global ults, this is true but there ults dont do like 300 dmg and take you straight to the fight. etc they could be doing baron and you could ult to there team to snipe baron w/ smite while other champs have to time the dmg inc + there dmg + how long it takes there skillshot globals to get there. his ult is on a long cd because it is a true global ult that takes him to the fight
You do realize that the base damage on Pantheon's ult at rank 3 is 1000 damage, to several targets on a 1:1 Ap ratio,on a 120 second CD, but Nocturne's only does 350 at rank 3 with 1:1.2 bonus Ad scaling to a single target on a 100 second CD?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x7r4n3x

Senior Member

11-26-2012

btw thanks everybody for taking your time and posting your opinion on here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

x7r4n3x

Senior Member

11-27-2012

fyi just played his skin on the pbe. kind of mixed about it they need to add a better effect on his ultimate


12