I suck at ranked Ahri (Need better Build)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Omni VII

11-25-2012

I am pro with ahri in normal but I don't get why I suck with Ahri at rank. I cant CS very well. It is very hard for me to CS. I need a better build. My attack speed is slow. I keep on getting so many assists but no kills. Last ranked game I got 4/10/18. I think about getting nashoor's tooth but people keep on say early game look at ahri she has nashoor. She sucks but the truth is I own with nashoor's in normal. I do have other characters I play but I wanna practice with ahri. If anyone can help me with a better build then thanks

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Why would you need attack speed on a caster?....
Chances are you have pretty low normal elo, thus the reason why you are getting owned in ranked...

Stop building Nashoor on Ahri...

Standard build: boot, two doran, hextech revolver OR deathcap, Abyssal/ Rylai, Voidstaff/ Zhonya.

Omni VII

11-25-2012

I tried but I was so slow and I could barely get any kills. I stopped building nashoor's tooth and I started getting assists.Could anyone tell me why I would mostly get assists?? By the way, I only get owned with ahri not with my other champs. This was my original build Boots,3 health pots,Boots to Sorcerers shoes, Hextech's revolvers, Deathcap, Rylais, (Item based on what opponent had)

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni VII View Post
I tried but I was so slow and I could barely get any kills. I stopped building nashoor's tooth and I started getting assists.Could anyone tell me why I would mostly get assists?? By the way, I only get owned with ahri not with my other champs. This was my original build Boots,3 health pots,Boots to Sorcerers shoes, Hextech's revolvers, Deathcap, Rylais, (Item based on what opponent had)
If you use Ahri's skillset properly you shouldn't fail with the build that you have.

And Nashoor's tooth only give you attack speed, not movement speed, extra 1 or 2 autoattacks from ahri is like 100 damage at most, if you land your skillshots properly you can easily cover that.

PhoKingHai

11-25-2012

Hovering around 1850s elo in soloQ, I also main mid lane.

My ahri is 6-0, just putting it out there so you can at least trust my advice or think I'm not a terrible ahri giving wrong info..

I usually go

boots/hp pots
first buyback kages pick (usually around the time when I can get my blue buff at 7:10-25ish so I don't need chalice yet)

2nd buyback buy chalice of harmony and finish sorc boots.

Here I either rush rabadons if I'm doing extremely well and just wanting to end the game or build unholy grail and then work on rabadons. If you can't use a DFG properly yet just get chalice harmony and hextech revolver around your first-2nd buy.

Obviously there is a ton of factors that will determine how you build though, face heavy AP team build merc treads-abyssal scepter-unholygrail as the 3 core items.

AD mids like lee sin, talon, pantheon I go with armor boots and zhonyas as an item to rush for.

Proper combo with DFG and ignite you should be able to kill any ad/ap carry granted you have the items for it. Also, I never rush Rylai's and most of my games I end up not even building It, it is a decent 4th-5th item though, and I very rarely build hextech revolver, since I prefer going kages pick/chalice for my first items. GL GL

ExecutionerKen

11-25-2012

I like DFG on Ahri before the nerf as well, the CDR is really nice, but after the nerf, it isn't as strong anymore.

PhoKingHai

11-25-2012

Yeah but unholy grail + blue buff would do the trick for cdr, it is still a very strong item to build when you're at 200ish AP at least. I tend to make it after unholy grail and rabadons are both finished.

Omni VII

11-25-2012

It just takes forever to get my build going...

Omni VII

11-26-2012

I think Im gonna stop playing ahri. Obviously, she isn't the right person for me...

ExecutionerKen

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni VII View Post
I think Im gonna stop playing ahri. Obviously, she isn't the right person for me...
Most likely you don't have the right concept. Judging from what you said.

No one on earth will build a nashoor tooth on a champion that isn't relying on autoattacks for damage purpose. Too much wasted stats.