Game Performing Poorly for My Specs

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duffie

11-23-2009

Laptop Specs
Vista 32 bit
DirectX 11
Nvidia GeForce 8800M GTX
Intel Core Duo T8300 (2.4GHz)
4 Gigs of Ram

Everything is updated and I just tried a fresh install of LoL.

Problem
I have to set all my graphics settings to very low because I get extremely poor FPS for an unknown reason. My latency is fine during gameplay. The game sits at a low fps (20-30) and drops in combat even further (from unplayable to 13). I can play other online games maxed out without a hiccup (Modern Warfare 2, TF2), but this game performs terribly for some reason.

xRaphx

Master Recruiter

11-23-2009

Where are you playing from? Also, please check out the following post:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=24896
Try posting your dxdiag and log files.

Duffie

11-23-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRaphx View Post
Where are you playing from? Also, please check out the following post:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=24896
Try posting your dxdiag and log files.
Freshly uploaded.

I am playing from Richmond, VA. I searched the Knowledge base and Forum posts, but I haven't found the solution to this problem yet.

reapermaster

11-23-2009

go into the video cards control panel and check your settings. Try setting everything to either application control or performance....

Duffie

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapermaster View Post
go into the video cards control panel and check your settings. Try setting everything to either application control or performance....
I have everything in my Nvidia control panel set to performance over quality and set to let the application decide the settings (so very low).

If it were my graphics card settings, wouldn't I notice problems in other more demanding games? Strange that I can nearly max out Crysis, but this game eats my computer alive.

Klara de Koe

11-24-2009

DX11? Are you sure?
Update the drivers of the graphics card

Duffie

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klara de Koe View Post
DX11? Are you sure?
Update the drivers of the graphics card
That one startled me for a second as well, but apparently that's what dxdiag told me I was running. Could just be stupidity on my part.

Drivers are updated to the newest one supported by my laptop manufacturer. I tried the newest general nvidia driver for a bit, which just led to some system instability without any change in LoL performance.

myrmidon

11-24-2009

Get a program called 'Driver Cleaner' (you can find it on google, I found it on guru3d), then download the latest official nVidia driver.

Go into the control panel and uninstall your old video card driver, restart.

Run Driver Cleaner, restart.

Install the latest nVidia driver.... restart.

Now try playing LoL again, or any other games for that matter. You may get a mild boost in FPS all across the board.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

11-24-2009
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Thanks for posting this with all the logs and everything. The problem is most likely the game's somewhat poor compatibility with GeForce8800 integrated graphics card. The only advice I can give is try to free up as much system memory as possible. Msconfig is a good tool you can access by typing msconfig into Run where you'll be able to turn off any unnecessary process when your computer starts up. I'm also curious how your game would run in Windowed mode or with shadows completely turned off.

We're constantly working on optimizing the game for these kinds of graphics cards, so hopefully in the future it'll smooth out a bit.

Duffie

11-24-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Perring View Post
Thanks for posting this with all the logs and everything. The problem is most likely the game's somewhat poor compatibility with GeForce8800 integrated graphics card. The only advice I can give is try to free up as much system memory as possible. Msconfig is a good tool you can access by typing msconfig into Run where you'll be able to turn off any unnecessary process when your computer starts up. I'm also curious how your game would run in Windowed mode or with shadows completely turned off.

We're constantly working on optimizing the game for these kinds of graphics cards, so hopefully in the future it'll smooth out a bit.
Thank you for the reply. I have tried running in window mode and the shadows bit, but they didn't seem to help. I'll give msconfig a try and see if I can boost my fps a bit. Sad to hear that I got the unlucky pick on the graphics card, but I'm glad to hear that you guys are aware of the problem. Hopefully in the future I can get it to run smoother.

Thx again, great support.