Is there something wrong with Jungling?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KoopaBlizzard

11-25-2012

I started doing Warwick jungle on TT, because I found a good build that I wanted to mess with. I did great for two games. One of em was with randoms and another with my buddy.

We did awesome. But my last game, my last game was torture. We started out fine, everyone was fine with me jungling, we do that "noob" bush thing that I hate, and amumu gives first blood to them. I thought, that's fine, and moved on to jungling.

I jungle like I'm supposed to, getting creeps stopping the 2v1 lane from doing too much harm to my amumu or my cass, then amumu dies. He starts telling me not to jungle and to stop, cass agrees. I did NOTHING wrong, these two just started feeding after that,despite my best efforts, and we ended up losing. Every player was against me jungling at end game lobby, saying I was terrible, my build sucks, I was bad. What did I do wrong?

I had 2 kills and 6 deaths
Cass was 8 and 12
Amumu was 2 and 13

Why?

MauxFire

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Well giving up first blood is dependent on your team comp and the enemies team comp. Sometimes a lvl 1 team fight is not a good call. Though in most normal games it always happens.

It seems to me that you need teammates that are comfortable with you jungling. You need a strong player in bot lane because most of the time in lower elo and normal games they will be facing a 2v1 lane.

I would highly recommend going to the 3v3 channel and find two regular teammates and practice together. Because forcing and random into a 2v1 lane might be outside of their comfort zone. And pushing people to do things that they are not comfortable almost never turns out well.

Reynmaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

I tried jungle Jax once. People just seem to like to overextend and die though, so I stopped jungling and started alternating lanes, was a bit of work but we won. Honestly though, since jungling in this map is basically running around the altar, I don't think it makes much sense. Better to farm the jungle when it's convenient for gold mid to late game. I know this new map is supposed to encourage 'intelligent' play and 'strategy' and while I do like it, it is simply too small to really encourage that.

gzboli

11-25-2012

They overreacted, don't feel bad about it. Asymmetrical teams are hard to deal with. My 3s team has pretty much decided to abandon jungle if they go 2 in a lane. If the double lane plays right they will starve your teammate and the game is lost before the 5 minute mark.

MauxFire

11-25-2012

Lots of good information on jungling

http://cndgamingdotcom.wordpress.com...the-tt-jungle/

Weenis Too

11-25-2012

as a general rule if the person is not good enough to 1v2 you probably should really stop jungling enless your insanly snowballing the top lane. I mean not everyone has the same skill cap and not all characters can clear waves from distances. You have to help the weak link if thats the case.

Goggris

11-26-2012

The problem with Warwick jungle is that his clear is a little too slow. He's great sustain, but you don't really need sustain for this map on jungle.

SaintHax

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weenis Too View Post
as a general rule if the person is not good enough to 1v2 you probably should really stop jungling enless your insanly snowballing the top lane. I mean not everyone has the same skill cap and not all characters can clear waves from distances. You have to help the weak link if thats the case.
^This. Jungling on TT needs to be adaptable to the lanes and how they are doing.