Why is Riot racist?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Circles of Wheat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

Think about it. There is an entire slew of Caucasian champions, a handful of Asians, but not any Latinos or Africans. Why does Riot paint this skewed view of the world, one without our darker skinned brothers? I propose that Riot remedy this immediately with the following champion:

(This video contains foul language, btws)
Black Dynamite: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6E44jeO1c-k

Need I say more?

Acridx

05-26-2012

and I say quit it with all the racist call-outs, its pointless and stupid
do I think it would be nice to see some darker skinned champs, of course, but this is not the place to place a flame topic like this

Circles of Wheat

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-26-2012

IThis is the champion concepts forum, this is a champion concept.

Acridx

05-26-2012

all I am saying is dont start off with the racist callout
no good can come of it
I will check into ur champ concept though lol

heres mine:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...d.php?t=945874

ElementSteel

05-26-2012

And here again I shall name off:
Ryze, Nasus, Volibear, Nidalee, Malzahar.

I mean, Jebus. ENOUGH WITH THESE THREADS! DX

Katsuni

05-26-2012

Same reasons that're always cited.

First off, the asian, european, and caucasians fit with the time period of "medival". Any black or latino champions of this nature would show up as slaves or stereotypes, and yeu'd be even more pissed then, than yeu are now.

Modern stuff, like a "gangsta" would not be appropriate for the current time frame of the game, and that's not going to change.

To be perfectly blunt, there's nothing they can do. If they release a stereotype, they get screamed at for racism. If they release a black champion and nerf it, they get screamed at for racism. If they release a non-stereotype, they get screamed at for it being not black enough, and therefore screamed at for racism again. If they don't release anything, they still get screamed at for racism.

There's no way to fix the problem, and the safest bet there is, is to not release one at all, as anything other than silence is putting their neck out on the chopping block without any real benefit to self.

Of the communities in the world, caucasians cover about a half a billion potential gamers, while asians cover about a billion or so additional gamers. Places like Quebec? 50,000, tops.

Yeu may not realize this, but Quebec demanded a french version to Pokemon, or refused to sell it within the province. Nintendo declined, because it would cost more money to translate the game, than the maximum potential sales could conceivably generate.

In short, it's A: more dangerous to their image as a company to release a black champion, and B: it's not cost effective to do so, since they wouldn't generate very many additional sales on the champion from the black community, but they would sacrifice a fair number from people who just aren't that interested in it.

It sucks, but each time yeu bring up a post like this, yeu're only reinforcing the fact that their best option is to not release one.

Stop calling them racist, and throwing tantrums, and use yeur heads, and yeu'd be an awful lot closer to getting whot yeu profess to want. Playing the "racist" card every chance yeu get, simply because yeu didn't get whot yeu wanted, is bad form, especially if all evidence points to the contrary, and that the one making the accusations is.

Circles of Wheat

05-26-2012

Psh. Ya'll just jealous my Black Dynamite.

Dragonsbaine

05-26-2012

stop with the race card... put it away... i mean you go after riot for this, yet I dont see anyone going after Anime for their lack of black people. And you call them racist yet you name a black champion concept: Black Dynamite. Thats pure blacksploitation right there

btw @katsuni... it's YOU not YEU... and @Elementalsteel Since when is a polar bear black?

Circles of Wheat

05-26-2012

@Dragonbaine This is why people dont go after anime for their lack of black people: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtzlKJ1dObU

It would be horrible. That voice.

ElementSteel

05-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonsbaine View Post
btw @katsuni... it's YOU not YEU... and @Elementalsteel Since when is a polar bear black?
You must be new here. That's Kat for ya, deal with it. :T
And a polar bear's skin is black, do you not see Voli's lips?
Oh, and ya got my name wrong, thanks! ^^