Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Doomed to 700 ELO forever...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoonTrout

11-25-2012

Recently I've been thinking about making a whole new account just to use for ranked.

Is it even possible to pull yourself out of ELO Hell?

Literally 75% of my solo ranked games i do great and go positive, but the rest of my team just fails.

I have a 5 man that does great, but we can't all ever be on at the same time really.

Suggestions?

If you would like to add me and do some duos I'd be stoked.

Check my match history.

=]

adc

11-25-2012

In your match history, you went positive in one game. You went even in two. You went negative in 7. That's hardly 75%.

You have 400 normal wins. Go back to normals for a long while. Get to 750-1000 wins before you venture into ranked. Even at 1100 wins, I still see people at 750 do stupid **** all the time. I do stupid **** a lot, too. You probably deserve to be at 700. At that level, the game is generally really really easy. I could probably get you to 1200-1300 pretty quickly. Get better at the game and then go back to it. Try and figure out where you're going wrong in the game and how you can improve.

In most of your games, you have fewer than 150 minions slain. Go play customs, AI games, or normals and focus solely on last hitting better. Aim for 100 by 12 (11 is good). 10 CS/minute is generally how you want the farm game to go. You'll have far, far more gold and do far better if you can master this.

Then, once you can do that, learn how to position yourself. As an AD carry, you don't want to be rushing the opponent's carry, for example.

Then work on map awareness. Make sure you know what's going on all the time - and don't worry about missing CS. You've already mastered that skill, so you can afford to ignore it for the time being to make sure you're working on map awareness. You'll lose some games, but overall you'll get better.

dargroth

11-25-2012

Quote:
AD Bottom:
In your match history, you went positive in one game. You went even in two. You went negative in 7. That's hardly 75%.

You have 400 normal wins. Go back to normals for a long while. Get to 750-1000 wins before you venture into ranked. Even at 1100 wins, I still see people at 750 do stupid **** all the time. I do stupid **** a lot, too. You probably deserve to be at 700. At that level, the game is generally really really easy. I could probably get you to 1200-1300 pretty quickly. Get better at the game and then go back to it. Try and figure out where you're going wrong in the game and how you can improve.

In most of your games, you have fewer than 150 minions slain. Go play customs, AI games, or normals and focus solely on last hitting better. Aim for 100 by 12 (11 is good). 10 CS/minute is generally how you want the farm game to go. You'll have far, far more gold and do far better if you can master this.

Then, once you can do that, learn how to position yourself. As an AD carry, you don't want to be rushing the opponent's carry, for example.

Then work on map awareness. Make sure you know what's going on all the time - and don't worry about missing CS. You've already mastered that skill, so you can afford to ignore it for the time being to make sure you're working on map awareness. You'll lose some games, but overall you'll get better.

This is something im going to do no doubt thanks! i just started ranked games not knowing i should prolly keep playing normals or practice last hitting at that rate of CS. i thank you for these tips

Syferfyre

Recruiter

11-25-2012

You should be lower then 700 elo lol. Your average k/d/a is 5.9/8.2/7.3 That's hardly positive. I just junped into ranked after quitting it for about 2 weeks. Played 4 games, 4 different role, absolutely destroyed the other team at 900 elo

CAJV

11-25-2012

I looked at your "team" and you all didn't do that well ...
1-18 vs Windowmakerbridgeferry and 15-59 vs HugoX.

Your AP Rune Page has Attack Speed Marks.
Your AD Rune Page doesn't have any AD?

I checked your match history and you didn't do too well either ...

4-10 Singed but you won ...
2-13 Tryndamere.
0-7 Soraka. (Still shouldn't be dying as support)

Seems like you're the one who needs to be carried ...

Liceomlett

11-25-2012

Playing trynd and adc TF, going negative in almost every game in your match history. Your jungle mastery page doesn't have increased buff duration. I think 700 elo is the place for you.

Claytone

11-25-2012

It is indeed possible to get out of ELO HELL.
Just follow these steps:

Practice on last-hitting and attack-moving
Communicate with teammates
Don't get mad
Don't be so serious
Have some music on while you play
Don't go in face-first if your ADC/APC/Support

JH 360

11-25-2012

i had this problem in season 2, i played ranked the second i hit level 30 and got myself stuck at 900 elo, i went back to normals until the new season, duo queued with a freind who was stuck at 850 elo and had done the same thing as me and we got out, i have 1280 elo now, not much to brag about, but ill take it over 900. The main thing if your gonna play a carry role is to just farm, most people picture carring yourself out of elo hell as getting like 20 kills a game or something, all you really have to do is farm farm farm and practise your last hitting, if you make 150 cs at the 20 minute mark and can position yourself well in team fights you'll get out, duo queing helps to.

EyeHearShapes

11-25-2012

Hey check out my match history do i belong in elo hell ? just curious

Mich567

11-25-2012

Quote:
AD Bottom:

This post is da ****. Has a lot of good info... and btw, http://www.team-dignitas.org/articles/blogs/League-of-Legends/1654/Is-Elo-Hell-real/.
(Yes, I'm in elo hell too... I don't have enough time to play and get out either :/. So, don't start raging on me :P... at this point, anything I say will make you think I'm noob :P).