Akali....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vorthox

11-25-2012

Counter picked, and top vs an Akali. Not getting jungle support doesn't really help, but how do I counter her? I farm up early game, and play defensive when she gets her ult.

Early game I can't afford oracles, purple wards are fine till she realizes I've used one, then I'm pretty much zoned. Do I build armor or MR? I have to build both.... Which I take longer to get because I have to buy purple wards. There are a few champs who I don't like going against, but I cringe every time I see an Akali, and I don't believe I've ever seen one lose a lane.

Before someone tells me I got shut down, and am mad... She killed me twice the whole game, and they were my only two deaths. Just wondering if the community thinks she really is op, or what.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

11-25-2012

She isn't. Pick a hero that can poke as hard as she can early game. Pick a hero that can do it from a long range. Shove her hard. She can't farm that effectively under turret early game. Get an early ward and deny her farm. If you let her get 6 without getting some sort of magic resistance, you'll die. Period.

Vorthox

11-25-2012

As someone who's counter picked by Akali it just doesn't seem enough though. Her damage is just stupid... Gap closer, stealth/slow that zones really well. It's just a pain. I'd rather go a double tower bot with a Blitz than lane against an Akali.

JRiMi

11-25-2012

No no no. I hardly count her shroud as a stealth. You still know where she is so just stay away from it. Don't waste money on pinks or oracles just for her. Try to kill her some pre 6 and just try to bully her out of farming. When she hits 6 you might play a little more defensive but if you've zoned her enough and gotten a kill or 2 u might be able to duel her if she doesn't have items. If all else fails call for some ganks

EvolilovE

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Lmfao. Those that thinks Akali is OP obviously doesn't own her.
Play her and know her weakness. A HUGE weakness. She is a early/mid champ beast that can snowball, but fall off late game in teamfights.

ONLY use your purple ward when she pop her shroud. When she hit you with her Q... run like chickensht til the mark is gone. OR try to trade right away (with purple ward ready). If Akali Q and R right away, she gotta wait 3-5s CD on the Q, which makes her strong. She will have to shroud and wait for CD to go off. Use your ward and kill her squishy self then.
If she got few kills with gunblade tho... dont even bother. Just wait til teamfight when everybody is beefy.

ChaosForger

11-25-2012

Try Jayce. xD

D4 Gu1t4r

11-26-2012

Push her out of lane. Pre level 6 most Akali's will play defensive. Level 6 is when she can turn agressive and start winning hard in lane.

Keep her from farming before she hit level 6, build magic resist early.

foxfire100

11-26-2012

Akali is difficult, but as a few people suggested, she can be beaten.

Most of her serious damage is magical, not physical. So build magic resist to counter her and let your runes and masteries take care of the armor. I wouldn't spend so much money on purple wards. Yes, she turns invisible when she enters her cloud. Big whoop. Just stay far away from her cloud until it ends. She isn't invisible forever and unlike Shaco, Teemo, Evelynn, or any other invisible champion in the game - when she's invsible you still know where she is. Not buying these wards will save you money for sight wards (to keep view on river and protect you from ganks) and more items. Akali WANTS you to waste your money on purple wards. Because then she just buys more damage and you don't have the gold to buy defense. You need to get stronger faster. All that out-farming her early didn't matter if you burned the 600 extra gold on wards. You need to spend it on health and damage.

Akali is an assassin. Assassins all have one common weakness: tanky opponents. They dive in, they drop all their damage, and they pray you died. Because if you didn't, they're screwed. Assassins are all squishy so if you can survive her burst you can take her out.

TL;DR:

1. Buy magic resist not armor
2. Don't buy as many purple wards (or any)
3. Buy damage
4. Trollolol