Double PD vs 1PD 1LW

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amatzikahni

11-27-2012

I would only get 2xPD if you have a full build and feel like selling boots. Otherwise, I'm always in a bind, every single game, because I need GA, LW, and IE as soon as lane phase ends and I always have to make choices.

acosn

11-28-2012

There's no good reason to buy two PD's unless you're playing something goofy like AD sion.

Generally speaking if you want to buy a PD, you also want to (eventually, or already have) buy an IE. A second PD is gold wasted on crit you don't want / can't use. There's better values for AS, and better values for dealing out damage. MS alone isn't a good reason to buy a second PD.

Ufal Dae Bohha

11-29-2012

This is all fine and well, but this is not taking the game into account.

The job of the ADC is to kill front line tanks, fighter, and bruisers. 200 Armor is nothing. If a fat cho with like 4K HP and 300 armor is running at you, 2 PD's and an IE is going to do nothing, even with crits. A LW would absolutely shred his armor though and let you easily kill.

Another thing to take into account is sometimes you are only able to auto attack once or twice before repositioning, LW makes you hit harder against front liners which are likely trying to get to you and kill you.

This is why I go IE - PD - LW - GA.. It's a much better build for the job of ADC, which again is to get rid of the front line, while AP nukes the back. Of course you have to think for yourself in every situation, generally you are sitting there attacking the closest target because if you chase into the fight, you die.

IcyPhoenix1

11-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ufal Dae Bohha View Post

The job of the ADC is to kill front line tanks, fighter, and bruisers. 200 Armor is nothing. If a fat cho with like 4K HP and 300 armor is running at you, 2 PD's and an IE is going to do nothing, even with crits. A LW would absolutely shred his armor though and let you easily kill.
Wrong, with 2x PD you do3307 with 1PD 1 LW u do 3347, only 40 damage more
As we stated in the thread, its because you will likely have to kite the bruiser
thats the only valid point

1.) You guys are restating what has already been stated in the thread, I guess you guys didn't read through it

MaxAltair

11-30-2012

Madred BloodRazor + Vayne Silver Bolts = The best anti tankies combo ever
Since Madred cost like IE you can replace it
So Having 2PD +BT + Madred Would be a nice combo: Magic damage also heals you so you will be getting alot of healing per second

And what about Black Cleaver? Remember that LW only works for your attacks, while the Black Cleaver reduces its armor so is more useful in a teamfight since all your teamates will get benefit from armor reduction (BC on Twich ulti works pretty well) so i would add a BC to the list.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxAltair View Post
Madred BloodRazor + Vayne Silver Bolts = The best anti tankies combo ever
Since Madred cost like IE you can replace it
So Having 2PD +BT + Madred Would be a nice combo: Magic damage also heals you so you will be getting alot of healing per second

And what about Black Cleaver? Remember that LW only works for your attacks, while the Black Cleaver reduces its armor so is more useful in a teamfight since all your teamates will get benefit from armor reduction (BC on Twich ulti works pretty well) so i would add a BC to the list.
1. You have no magic pen
2. You have no way to heal off the magic damage from MBR
3. BC doesn't apply on first hit (reduction apply after damage) and it takes 3 hits to fully stack it, for merely 45

Dpaladinx

11-30-2012

If the AD carry have skills that scale off on AD and deals physical damage (Graves, Ezreal, Varus, Draven), the PD and LW combo works better.

If the AD carry relies mostly on autoattacking and barely have any skills that scale on AD that deals physical damage (Ashe, Tristana, Kog'maw), the two PD is much better.

Though with the upcoming nerf on PD, I'll be more inclined to the PD+Statikk Shiv+Beserker Greaves with Alacrity or Furor combo with Tristana instead of two PD.

MaxAltair

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
1. You have no magic pen
2. You have no way to heal off the magic damage from MBR
3. BC doesn't apply on first hit (reduction apply after damage) and it takes 3 hits to fully stack it, for merely 45
Well, thats what im afraid of, anyways MR is not so high as Armor
Are you sure of this? When i hit monster with MBR i got healed higher than without it.
Yes BC doesnt works on pokes, but it would be useful for a entire teamfight as i mentioned Twich ulti well positioned. All who are touched by the BC are affected and also your team can deal more damage on them. Of course if you using other champs like Cait ulti you need the best amount of damage at one hit, so you rather pick the LW over BC.