5-0 ranked solo Q only 1269 rating

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

desertfoxx

11-24-2012

like the title says I just won 5 games in a row my first ranked games this season other than team 3v3. Can anyone explain this pls I'm kinda upset.

FinalMystery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

If you were really low last season, then the soft reset didn't reset you to 1200, it just resets you to a little better than you were. Generally speaking I want to say it probably resets you by giving you around 10-20% of the difference between 1250 and what you ended the season as.

desertfoxx

11-24-2012

mmm didn't know that , thought i was really playing well. must have reset me to like 1000
so sad.

ReigningLegend

11-25-2012

i find thats complete bs, season 2 is season 2 and season 3 is a new era, elo should all be reset equally

MightyMaose

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReigningLegend View Post
i find thats complete bs, season 2 is season 2 and season 3 is a new era, elo should all be reset equally
it should, but it isn't...welcome to the League

youmadbroimnasty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

it's based on your season 2 elo

ManicPhilosopher

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReigningLegend View Post
You do understand why it wasn't a hard reset, right?

Because if everyone's elo was reset to 1200, you could be matched with people who play at platinum and diamond levels.

Which would mean everyone's climb or descent to their proper elo would be slowed considerably.

ReigningLegend

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManicPhilosopher View Post
You do understand why it wasn't a hard reset, right?

Because if everyone's elo was reset to 1200, you could be matched with people who play at platinum and diamond levels.

Which would mean everyone's climb or descent to their proper elo would be slowed considerably.
there is no proper elo, your elo should be based on your record and nothing more. in football they dont say well yea youre 14-2 but youre gonna be the 4th seed cause last season u didnt do so good. it doesnt make any sense, either start everyone over equally and give everyone a fresh start (which is what they should have done) or dont change anything at all.

adc

12-05-2012

Ok, so. Let's say I'm a 1700 player. League resets everyone to 1200. Queue up, all ready to stomp my games because I'm a lot higher than 1200, should be easy, right? Oh wait, the enemy team has 3 1700s and 2 2500s, and I have 3 500s and a 900. This happens in the next 10 games, and I'm now 900 Elo with an 0-10 record despite being a 1700 player.

Rutank

12-05-2012

you had a crappy elo s2, so you don't scale as well as a gold/plat would.