Why does riot hate us?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azinon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-24-2012

This whole "elo system" is getting ridiculous. I have had 32 games 23 which I have lost and 9 I have won. Out of these games i have had 2 bad games some games were I pull my weight and the rest i do amazing ( probably because riot keeps knocking me down in rating). I am sick of losing rating because i get paired up with trolls,horrible players,and people just straight up leaving. If anyone has any suggestions on how to secure a win besides helping your team, going in with another good friend, or 'carrying" please post it here, I should be so much higher in rating by now easy. At this rate I will never hit my goal 1 person cant carry a whole team to victory while everyone plays horrid it just wont happen. Maybe I am just raging I don't know just tired of all the bull.

Epicpies

11-24-2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MTO2...ature=g-user-u

I'm just going to leave this here.

Azinon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

11-25-2012

That video has to only be maybe 44% correct, saying that "if you play as you are better then you wont get better thus not climbing out of what you call elo hell" is entirely inaccurate. I have reviewed games I have lost with a friend any about every instance I have done all i could to help my teammates. Still its a loss. If i make a mistake i own up to it but at this elo rating and my play style its very had to make such a mistake because of the players there. The video even went much as saying 1 person could carry a whole team that is so not true to any extent.

HyndeSyte2020

11-25-2012

sorry but if you think that you played 'awesome' for 23 games you are simply deluded. ELO is a system that places you with like-skilled players. The biggest issue with solo-q is that people tend to all think like you do. "i'm awesome, my team troll so hard" and then you lose and reinforce your idea that you played "awesome" for 23 games but still lost.

Now, since that probably didn't change your mind but only inflamed your epeen I will try to share some insight I and many others have found in solo-q.

1. Don't get in lobby and claim a role, be able to play everything. Be willing and able to play every role. If you dont have experience and at least moderate skill in all roles, you should not be in solo-q. I repeat, if you dont have experience and at least moderate skill in all roles, you should not be in solo-q. Does this mean that you should not call what you are best at? of course not, but claiming a lane is so rigid it forces others to adjust to you. Simply, that is not teamwork.

2. If you are last pick, you are there to get carried, so you better have plenty of champs and be able to play any role. You are the lowest ELO in the lobby, be willing and ready to take whatever the better players (yes they are numerically better because they have more wins than losses in comparison to you) don't choose.

3. Get REALLY good at support. I play support almost 90% of my games. A good support can really carry a game. Supports like Taric/Sona can help your bot lane get early turret and then start floating for mid-game dominance.

4. DONT badmouth people in game. If someone makes a dumb play or bad decision, they know. They know because they are either dead or they got someone else dead. They know because they are sitting there waiting for a cd to respawn. They don't need things like "wtf", "sigh", "dude, stop feeding", "gg", "omg". This does not help them refocus. It causes them to go on the defensive and hinders their game. Be supportive or shutup. Say things like "ouch, careful", "ward up man", "play d", etc.

This is not the whole list, but things that I have found that help me tremendously to win ranked games.

Zlain

11-25-2012

elo does not place you with like skilled players. It places you with like elo players. There is a difference. because this game rates individual skill off of a teams success/failure. If you are one of the unlucky ones to do your placement matches and get trolls/bads/leavers/ragers in the majority of them, you are now ****ed for the vast majority of the rest of the season.

Zlain

11-25-2012

There are also people who take anything said to them after they **** up as negative. It doesn't matter if you say "aww ****, almost dude" they'll be all like "go **** yourself, i'm pro jajaja".Give the mexicans their own server and at least the language barrier problems that plague games will be gone. reducing the chances of failure.

xEnvious

11-25-2012

This isn't team deathmatch. Your goal is to destroy the other teams base. If you go 13/1 but don't help your team do that (just go to your lane all game, don't help in team fights, etc.), why do you receive Elo?

gregorymarco

11-25-2012

Just play mid and win every lane. There ya go, out of elo hell ya get.

HyndeSyte2020

11-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlain View Post
There are also people who take anything said to them after they **** up as negative. It doesn't matter if you say "aww ****, almost dude" they'll be all like "go **** yourself, i'm pro jajaja".Give the mexicans their own server and at least the language barrier problems that plague games will be gone. reducing the chances of failure.

pure ignorance.... and just because those people have bad attitudes doesn't dictate that you should respond in kind. The spanish in games is mostly to troll. They speak english.

Azinon

Recruiter

11-25-2012

"sorry but if you think that you played 'awesome' for 23 games you are simply deluded. ELO is a system that places you with like-skilled players. The biggest issue with solo-q is that people tend to all think like you do. "i'm awesome, my team troll so hard" and then you lose and reinforce your idea that you played "awesome" for 23 games but still lost. "

But I did play awesome for 23 games I win my lane, don't feed, get fed (majority of the time), and help other lanes. I play mid and jungle mostly with some support games in there but just because 1 person does well he cannot carry a whole team of trolls or people who shouldn't play ranked