Akali Questions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zodiacshape

10-08-2010

I am wondering if anyone could answer my questions regarding Akali. My normal setup lately on her is 9/21/0 masteries, 3x flat AP quints, 9x magic pen marks, 9x ap/lvl seals and 9x flat ap glyphs which gives me around 20-25 starting AP then I just grab a long sword for the other passive and build it into a frozen mallet later on in the game. I normally rush rylais then lichbane and finally zhonya's.

For summoner spells I have been going with exhaust and flash/ghost. One of my questions is should I get 3 AD quints and 1 AD mark + 3 AD from masteries to cover my spell vamp passive without items and just concentrate on AP? Also any helpful advice on why my runes are bad or what would be better would be much appreciated. Lastly, should I change my item setup any or pick different summoner spells?

Chopsticks

Recruiter

10-08-2010

What I have is 1 T3 AD rune and 1 T2 AD rune for a total of 4 AD. You can then start off with Doran's blade to initialize one half of your passive along with some life steal. As for items I usually go for my boots and sheen after, and mejais if the game is running well. Rylais would be next, then lich bane and finally zhonyas. Pretty much the same thing but I've found that the frozen mallet isn't needed for me when I play Akali.

As for your other runes, I'd rather take the ap/lvl glyphs since they give more after lvl 6 but I haven't personally tried the flat ones for a more powerful start. I also take regen seals but I don't think it's absolutely needed on her. Reds for me are magic pen, of course.

Texas Snyper

10-08-2010

I use 3 ad quints 1 ad mark and brute force so I can go the whole game w/o having to get ad items. Stacking AP and getting rylais and lichbane is 1 of the best ways to play her. Not needing a long sword or dorans blade makes stacking ap that much better and leaves another slot for survival item. I start w a dorans shield to sell late game.

For spells I use exhaust and ignite but flash is good as an extra shadow dance.

DarkenDragon

10-08-2010

first off, yes, your rune choices are bad, cuz runes have a 3 types, primary, secondary, and (whatever the 3rd one is called), and it becomes less and less valuable. marks are ment for damage type stats, seals are for defensive and regens, and glyphs are mostly for utilities and magic resistance.

though it might be a good reason to get some secondaries, I'd suggest you stick with primaries. what i'd personally do specificly would be to get magic pen marks, dodge seals, magic resistance / level or flat cooldown reduction glyphs and flat hp or magic pen quints. this will give you the most of each

theres also another rune set up + mastery setup out there that allows you to get the bare minimum needed to get both halfs of your passive to activate right at the beginning, but I really dont see a need for it since the amounts of each will be so tiny that it wouldnt make too much of a difference in the early game.

as for masteries, im a big fan of cooldown reduction so I always go with a 11/0/19 build all the time which probably wont be as effective as others, but works for me

Zodiacshape

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenDragon View Post
first off, yes, your rune choices are bad, cuz runes have a 3 types, primary, secondary, and (whatever the 3rd one is called), and it becomes less and less valuable. marks are ment for damage type stats, seals are for defensive and regens, and glyphs are mostly for utilities and magic resistance.

though it might be a good reason to get some secondaries, I'd suggest you stick with primaries. what i'd personally do specificly would be to get magic pen marks, dodge seals, magic resistance / level or flat cooldown reduction glyphs and flat hp or magic pen quints. this will give you the most of each

theres also another rune set up + mastery setup out there that allows you to get the bare minimum needed to get both halfs of your passive to activate right at the beginning, but I really dont see a need for it since the amounts of each will be so tiny that it wouldnt make too much of a difference in the early game.

as for masteries, im a big fan of cooldown reduction so I always go with a 11/0/19 build all the time which probably wont be as effective as others, but works for me
I know the passives are not that awesome but the health return is very noticeable to me though. I am not finding dodge very helpful because it really only helps against auto attacks but that is me. I might try the cooldown path.

Texas Snyper

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiacshape View Post
I know the passives are not that awesome but the health return is very noticeable to me though. I am not finding dodge very helpful because it really only helps against auto attacks but that is me. I might try the cooldown path.
Try finding my guide I posted a few days ago, I go more in depth to why I use the runes I use.

3x AD quints
1x AD mark
8x ArP marks
9x dodge yellows
9x MR/lvl blues (used to use flat CDR but like these more)

These plus my 15/15/0 masteries I get plenty of dmg/burst but a lot of survival too.

Zodiacshape

10-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Snyper View Post
Try finding my guide I posted a few days ago, I go more in depth to why I use the runes I use.

3x AD quints
1x AD mark
8x ArP marks
9x dodge yellows
9x MR/lvl blues (used to use flat CDR but like these more)

These plus my 15/15/0 masteries I get plenty of dmg/burst but a lot of survival too.
I might try that out but I'd still need to buy 1 AD quint and mark :/.

EDIT: Oh yea why armor penetration?

Domitan

10-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkenDragon View Post

Ever played Akali?