Klazzix' Style (Guide for YOU)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

doop

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazzix View Post
Well if you're gonna comment about somethng, at least make a point about what would be the perfect starting item for example. Comments / Suggestions welcome.
Good starting items maximize how long your character can stay in lane. These include:

Ruby or Sapphire Crystal
Doran's Ring
Doran's Shield
Meki
Regrowth

Boots suck since you aren't running all over the map 1-6, and specter sucks since regrowth provides more regen.

Kabaaaaaaam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Starting items.......... Regrowth Pendant, or Meki Pendant weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pick one
Unless you think you can jungle with warwick then cloth armor and 2-3 health pots

Klazzix

12-03-2009

Ahh, yeah those are nice. About the boots though, well for my play style, I try to get kills early and boots make that possible. But that's just me.

Kabaaaaaaam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by doop View Post
Good starting items maximize how long your character can stay in lane. These include:

Ruby or Sapphire Crystal
Doran's Ring
Doran's Shield
Meki
Regrowth

Boots suck since you aren't running all over the map 1-6, and specter sucks since regrowth provides more regen.

I personally wouldnt buy any item that isnt a component of a at least mid tier item

Gandalf 007

12-03-2009

Not a huge fan of your warwick build. An early phage is a far better gank tool than any other DPS items.

With good teammates, warwick cannot really expect to have the lizard buff on lockdown, so the extra phage snare is massively helpful. Rushing to an early mallet also means you can easily lock in solo or 2-man ganks mid-game WITHOUT having your ult up.

Malady is absolutely insane on warwick during mid-game skirmishes if your team knows how to focus fire correctly. You can get Malady just about completely stacked on a champion just by using your ult alone.

So I would tweak your warwick build as follows (this is not a pure-jungle at level 1 build, but a laning/jungle hybrid, which puts the champion usually in a better position to gank early-midgame):

1. Bezerker boots/mercury treads depending on what against

2. Madred's razors (cheap, great for early jungling or for a lane push)

3. Phage -> Next purchase mallet

4. Malady (cheap, great for warwick, exceptional for mid-game skirmishes)

5. Upgrade razors to bloodrazors

6. Black cleaver

Usually game is over by then. If their team is caster/AP-nuke heavy I'd squeeze in a wit's end for malady, and wit's end + mercury treads are usually enough there.

Gandalf 007

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabaaaaaaam View Post
I personally wouldnt buy any item that isnt a component of a at least mid tier item
That can be your downfall, because for some heroes, they absolutely NEED certain start items (that don't upgrade) just so they can deal with level 1-5 lane harassment.

Klazzix

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf 007 View Post
Not a huge fan of your warwick build. An early phage is a far better gank tool than any other DPS items.

With good teammates, warwick cannot really expect to have the lizard buff on lockdown, so the extra phage snare is massively helpful. Rushing to an early mallet also means you can easily lock in solo or 2-man ganks mid-game WITHOUT having your ult up.

Malady is absolutely insane on warwick during mid-game skirmishes if your team knows how to focus fire correctly. You can get Malady just about completely stacked on a champion just by using your ult alone.

So I would tweak your warwick build as follows (this is not a pure-jungle at level 1 build, but a laning/jungle hybrid, which puts the champion usually in a better position to gank early-midgame):

1. Bezerker boots/mercury treads depending on what against

2. Madred's razors (cheap, great for early jungling or for a lane push)

3. Phage -> Next purchase mallet

4. Malady (cheap, great for warwick, exceptional for mid-game skirmishes)

5. Upgrade razors to bloodrazors

6. Black cleaver

Usually game is over by then. If their team is caster/AP-nuke heavy I'd squeeze in a wit's end for malady, and wit's end + mercury treads are usually enough there.
Malady is great! Yeahh, this is nice, I'll look into this. One thing worries me though, you need to get at least one attack item early or it may be too late?

Gandalf 007

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazzix View Post
Malady is great! Yeahh, this is nice, I'll look into this. One thing worries me though, you need to get at least one attack item early or it may be too late?
Negative. Madred's razors + phage is really all you need for early and mid-game ganks, with or without the lizard buffs.

And just to completely mind f*** everyone as to where I am, I can stop to jungle easily at any point with that early item selection.

With lizard and golem + ult up I have gotten dual/tri-kills at level 6+ with simply bezerker boots+phage+madred's razors. Once you have the mallet, everyone has to be ultra careful near brush on either side of the map because good positioning without them having cleanse/flash cooldown up = certain perma-snared Warwick death WITHOUT blowing infinite duress.

However, with both the mallet and an ult timer, I can annihilate champions like ashe 100% to 0 (summoner spells aside) 1v1 as long as I engage from brush and get the early snare. She'll have to blow her ult to gain range, but with the initial mallet snare, she won't get out of infinite duress range in time. Then I simply infinite duress to re-close and it's GG for her unless she has a turret or teammate within about 3-4 steps.

Klazzix

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandalf 007 View Post
Negative. Madred's razors + phage is really all you need for early and mid-game ganks, with or without the lizard buffs.

And just to completely mind f*** everyone as to where I am, I can stop to jungle easily at any point with that early item selection.

With lizard and golem + ult up I have gotten dual/tri-kills at level 6+ with simply bezerker boots+phage+madred's razors. Once you have the mallet, everyone has to be ultra careful near brush on either side of the map because good positioning without them having cleanse/flash cooldown up = certain perma-snared Warwick death WITHOUT blowing infinite duress.

However, with both the mallet and an ult timer, I can annihilate champions like ashe 100% to 0 (summoner spells aside) 1v1 as long as I engage from brush and get the early snare. She'll have to blow her ult to gain range, but with the initial mallet snare, she won't get out of infinite duress range in time. Then I simply infinite duress to re-close and it's GG for her unless she has a turret or teammate within about 3-4 steps.
There we go, a solid explanation for me and everyone else! Much thanks! For the rest of the builds, more suggestions and comments I look for!