[Discussion] Annie: I won't use Meija's anymore

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2009

Since the new Mejai's Soulstealer is completly **** now, what are you going to use instead?

For Annie I always go:

-Saphire Crystal + 2 health pot
-Catalyst the protector
-Boots of speed
-Meija's Soulstealer
-Sorcerer's shoes
-Exilir of Brillance
-Rod of Ages
-Void Staff
-Guardian Angel

I haven't tried anything on the test realm so I have no idea what I would get instead, but I'm sure some of you have thoughts on this.

Edit:
Best items so far:
-Deathfire graps
-Hauting guise

spawn10459

Banned

12-01-2009

WoW this item got a good nerf. Idk what im going to use now

TheSacrifice

12-01-2009

I'm confused. It stacks 10 times, and you get 16 AP per kill, not including the natural AP bonus it gives. So, 10 x 16 = 160, plus the natural AP. It seems to me that the only reason you're not getting it is because it doesn't steal mana unless it's fully charged? Imo, that's a good thing. It's not a mana giving/regen item for a reason...that's something you're giving up when you go for Mejai's. :/

MightyBolamite

12-01-2009

I noticed this too and, at first, was saddened.
However, please note, it is significantly cheaper. It only cost 1 tome + 1000g (if I'm reading the notes right) meaning you can get it earlier in the game for more kills which equals more AP.
It might change your build around more than you expected.

Shingro

12-01-2009

it's not SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper though, before was like 1900 some and now it's 1435? 500g discount isn't worth the loss of 50 off the base stat, throw in the fact that it debuffs whenever you die and it's not likely to be as popular an option unless you're totally rolling their team already, I'd buy this item for 1k alone or maybe 1.1 but this is a tad too much

Benoit

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingro View Post
it's not SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper though, before was like 1900 some and now it's 1435? 500g discount isn't worth the loss of 50 off the base stat, throw in the fact that it debuffs whenever you die and it's not likely to be as popular an option unless you're totally rolling their team already, I'd buy this item for 1k alone or maybe 1.1 but this is a tad too much
That's my point.

TheSacrifice

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shingro View Post
1. Pick Good Nuker (Annie/Ryze/Veig)
2. First Item = Mejai's
3. ????????????????
4. Profit

SamuraiPanda

12-01-2009

Why do so many people think Mejai's got nerfed? If anything, its early bonus got nerfed while its late game bonus got HUGELY buffed. At max stacks, Mejai's gives +180 AP. An item for 1400g that eventually gives +180 AP? That is ridiculous. The other snowball items don't even come close to Mejai's; A laughably underpowered (in comparison) max +40 damage, or a max +965 hp that is decent but still attainable by other items. No other AP item with the exception of Zhonya's Ring give anywhere close to +180 AP. Throw on a heal and a CD reduction at max stacks, and you have one damn good item.

Play smart, don't die, and you'll be destroying with the new Mejai's in no time.

Arthas Menethil

12-01-2009

Pick Mejai's for any nuker whose role is to get kills early.

That is all.

Seeing how ridiculously easy it is for Cho'gath to get kills at just about any stage in the game, I guess that's a new item to get for him.

Patyrn

12-01-2009

The problem is it will never reach its full potential except vs terrible teams, in which case you could have no items and still be winning.

If they made it 6 stacks for like 20 ap each lose 2 when you die, then we'd talk.