De-Centering Locked Screens

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mortalvis

11-19-2012

Do you think it would be possible to program the game so that the directional arrows moved the screen in small increments (regardless of whether or not the screen is locked). If the screen is locked, it continues to move with the champion regardless of its orientation.

So, if I pressed the "down" arrow button 2-3 times, the locked screen's center would drop down by 200-300 pixels. This would allow for the flexibility of an unlocked screen with the functionality of a locked screen.

I do play with the camera locked. I've tried doing it without it but find it nearly impossible to keep my screen on the action (and it is much harder for me to avoid ganks) so having a screen setting somewhere "in-between" would be nice.

Edit: Another idea is to have the ability to toggle between Mouse and Directional Arrows. If you toggle mouse off, then only the directional arrows would move the screen.

Dexter5804

11-19-2012

Sounds like a great idea, especially when supporting bot lane on purple side, keeping an eye on your adc and the enemies is difficult under tower and moving the locked cam could help.

Qsario

11-20-2012

I know that I would love this option.

Mortalvis

11-21-2012

anyone else think this would be a good idea?

xStolen

11-22-2012

logged in to just say how much this would be awesome i play also locked screen and i cant for the life of me play unlocked i kinda play pressing my space button to unlock it when i search map ( play long ranged champs etc) but i literally find it impossible to keep my screen around this would help so much would be great addition

Crank Shape

11-22-2012

In the meantime you should try turning the mouse sensitivity down in regards to screen scrolling. When I first tried an unlocked cam, the sensitivity made me think it's impossible, but when it's lower it's much more easier to control and keep focused.

Bestrafung

11-25-2012

great idea!

Pissfer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

As much as I agree with the "just unlock your screen" argument, I think this is a good idea, as customization is always a good thing

Neo Cyrus

11-26-2012

This would definitely help, but summoner's rift would still be unbalanced, purple would still be at a handicap. ADCs can't even pick up golems from the purple side, but the major kick to the balls is being forced to play the entire game unlocked. Look up the ADC win/loss rate comparing purple to blue, the blue side's ADC wins over 60% of the time last I bet, the lower the ELO the higher that number.

They should allow us to zoom out 1 or 2 more levels, at least then those on the purple side wouldn't have such a massive handicap if it was combined with your suggestion.