Multiple Issues Within In-Game Hud (1 year Poll)

OMG I plan to bump this a lot because I've been screaming about this all along!!! 2 25.00%
I agree with many but not all of these issues... 3 37.50%
I agree with just a few of these issues... 1 12.50%
TL;DR 2 25.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Multiple Game Issues Found Within In-Game HUD

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Supafly GLHF

09-26-2012

Forum Issues
- Riot forums have been up for how long? Yet we still can’t input an avatar picture? Instead we have a question mark. This detracts from individuality/discourages forum participation.

Out of Game Issues
- Tons of people wanting the ability to be able to log on/appear offline to others. (The only trick people have is to “appear in-game” which is silly….

- The Summoner Load screen – no chat during this time??? It’s nearly 2013…should be possible by now. This game is nearly 3 years old.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2590854 (*add mute feature)

- Include pre and post-game chat in Tribunal cases (helps in situations when one is on the fence deciding between pardon/punish/skip).

- On top of that include the entire (filterable) entire game battle log with timers of notable turrets/inhibitors destroyed /monsters/characters slain so it can be more decipherable what is going on in-game. If someone has a case of “intentionally feeding” and it’s easy to tell due to the timer of when they are constantly dying or if they are truly innocent and holding back but still die 8 times during a 50 minute game or something then it makes the case easier case to decide. *Something tells me though this information isn’t saved server side or reviewable like a Call of Duty multiplayer match is currently

- Draggable/reorder/sorting feature of pages in runes/masteries
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2594668

- Quite surprised game isn’t mapped for key bindings setting for multi-button gaming mouse/controller configurations directly in-game without 3rd party tools

- Why not have the last couple of matches save-able like many online games are now for personal review. Instead people are still screen recording via FRAPS etc….

- Only after games in the game results screen can one see the wins/level of people one is playing against…. Not sure if this is best way to determine matchmaking in normal

- Interface does not save set HUD size/toggleable customizations i.e. summoner names (did it not before?)

Game Play
- Should be able to play/practice Co-Op vs. AI against bots in all maps / variations

- Should also have a random of being “Purple Team” in Co-Op Vs. AI

- Allow a 3rd PING for MIA

- Why not have bots using different skins as you play against them?

- Why not also have a larger selection of the different bots we actually play/practice against (only 28 selectable bots through customized game creation in which none are new)

- New map / play variations… perhaps just a Battle Arena where characters grow/feed (with/without minions) or an actual capture-the-flag style of gameplay map? (Multi-floor-level/portal/stairs on map etc.). I’m thinking map examples from Gladiator style Arenas like in Borderlands or Battlegrounds from World of Warcraft however translated into a MOBA standpoint

- Speaking of play variations…why aren’t ARA (lane/map) and ADA (lane/map) incorporated into selectable” game modes?”

- “Recommended item” builds in the shop screen – This is not customizeable?!?! Instead players are using outside party programs like “Yaric,” “LoL Item Changer” etc.

- Also in the shop screen - right side of the screen in the shop under the chosen item description and the “requires” heading is HUGE and often EMPTY! One could easily see a list of “6 Recommended Offensive” as well as “6 Recommended Defensive” items per character.

- Connection Issues when someone declines or doesn’t click accept. * This is the only game that re- queues everyone after only 1 person declines…. I am not sure how the programming works but one does not foresee it being enormously difficult to just queue 1 or 2 others quickly versus starting an entire queue system over? Maybe an explanation of why this is so because I don’t understand why the time wasted in re-queuing.

- Still connection issues among parties in battle. I understand a lot of this is ongoing due to difficulty among many factors including but not limited to clients and some may even be client side issues (economic but poorly performing pc’s) but I really believe the server should be more stable by this point.

- Summoner’s Rift Purple side bottom lane is still a visibility issue for many players – although I have seen multiple threads and suggestions on how to fix this I still feel not much has really been addressed to actually SOLVING this issue other than shrinking HUD unlock camera suggestions.

- ELO system needs some kind of fix (although I am not exactly sure what):http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2604069

Zer0blizzard

09-27-2012

Forum Issues
- Riot forums have been up for how long? Yet we still can’t input an avatar picture? Instead we have a question mark. This detracts from individuality/discourages forum participation.

Not sure how much a lack of an avatar discourages people from posting (maybe just the OCD/attention needy among us), but a good suggestion nonetheless.

Out of Game Issues
- Tons of people wanting the ability to be able to log on/appear offline to others. (The only trick people have is to “appear in-game” which is silly….

Agreed.

- The Summoner Load screen – no chat during this time??? It’s nearly 2013…should be possible by now. This game is nearly 3 years old.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2590854 (*add mute feature)

The interface that contains the store and matchmaking is a different program than the actual game. Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...lection&page=2

- Include pre and post-game chat in Tribunal cases (helps in situations when one is on the fence deciding between pardon/punish/skip).

Agreed.

- On top of that include the entire (filterable) entire game battle log with timers of notable turrets/inhibitors destroyed /monsters/characters slain so it can be more decipherable what is going on in-game. If someone has a case of “intentionally feeding” and it’s easy to tell due to the timer of when they are constantly dying or if they are truly innocent and holding back but still die 8 times during a 50 minute game or something then it makes the case easier case to decide. *Something tells me though this information isn’t saved server side or reviewable like a Call of Duty multiplayer match is currently

Surprisingly, in BO and MW3, the theater mode recordings include ingame text chat. Agreed, though.

- Draggable/reorder/sorting feature of pages in runes/masteries
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2594668

- Quite surprised game isn’t mapped for key bindings setting for multi-button gaming mouse/controller configurations directly in-game without 3rd party tools

- Why not have the last couple of matches save-able like many online games are now for personal review. Instead people are still screen recording via FRAPS etc….

Agreed. You'd think with spectator mode literally streaming information dictating action, they would make a downloadable format for this for storage on a client, and they could even not sync it serverside so that it wouldn't take up extra space.

- Only after games in the game results screen can one see the wins/level of people one is playing against…. Not sure if this is best way to determine matchmaking in normal

Elo doesn't include wins/losses and matchmaking is usually terrible for this reason. This does not surprise me. Maybe season 3 will change this. I don't know.

- Interface does not save set HUD size/toggleable customizations i.e. summoner names (did it not before?)

I don't think it ever did, but this would definitely be nice to save serverside (because all you do is change some size and position variables for the interface, which is less information than storing a rune page.)

Game Play
- Should be able to play/practice Co-Op vs. AI against bots in all maps / variations

This, because it doesn't affect the majority of their demographic (normal/ranked players), is not a high priority for them. Good idea, though.

- Should also have a random of being “Purple Team” in Co-Op Vs. AI

This should be easy enough to implement for them. Good idea.

- Allow a 3rd PING for MIA

- Why not also have a larger selection of the different bots we actually play/practice against (only 28 selectable bots through customized game creation in which none are new)

Each of these bots requires AI scripting, tailored for each individual champion. This takes a lot of time, but should be implemented. I'd say adding another 28 should make it more balanced for new players (say, under lvl 20).

- New map / play variations… perhaps just a Battle Arena where characters grow/feed (with/without minions) or an actual capture-the-flag style of gameplay map? (Multi-floor-level/portal/stairs on map etc.). I’m thinking map examples from Gladiator style Arenas like in Borderlands or Battlegrounds from World of Warcraft however translated into a MOBA standpoint

It took them forever to come out with dominion and even now, basically nobody plays it competitively.

- Speaking of play variations…why aren’t ARA (lane/map) and ADA (lane/map) incorporated into selectable” game modes?”

- “Recommended item” builds in the shop screen – This is not customizeable?!?! Instead players are using outside party programs like “Yaric,” “LoL Item Changer” etc.

Kinda surprised you didn't recommend the "most popular item choice within the last two weeks/month" suggestion instead.

- Also in the shop screen - right side of the screen in the shop under the chosen item description and the “requires” heading is HUGE and often EMPTY! One could easily see a list of “6 Recommended Offensive” as well as “6 Recommended Defensive” items per character.

- Connection Issues when someone declines or doesn’t click accept. * This is the only game that re- queues everyone after only 1 person declines…. I am not sure how the programming works but one does not foresee it being enormously difficult to just queue 1 or 2 others quickly versus starting an entire queue system over? Maybe an explanation of why this is so because I don’t understand why the time wasted in re-queuing.

This actually makes sense. If you throw everyone back into the queue, no matter how many people drop, you don't hold onto lobbies. If you held onto the lobby and say 2 people dropped, you would find a SUITABLE match slower than if you simply threw everyone else back into the matchmaking separately (except for duo/teams). Granted, LOL by default keeps teams the same (but may not keep pairs of teams together when finding that missing one or two people), but it doesn't have to keep non-grouped team members together. Algorithmically, this makes more sense, given its flexibility.

- Still connection issues among parties in battle. I understand a lot of this is ongoing due to difficulty among many factors including but not limited to clients and some may even be client side issues (economic but poorly performing pc’s) but I really believe the server should be more stable by this point.

Most of the time (ime), it's not the PC that's the problem, it's the internet. There are many people with 1400+ ELO that have 200 KB/s internet. That's pathetic, and if anyone else is using that internet, their lag is going to be 130+ ms (in my experience).

- Summoner’s Rift Purple side bottom lane is still a visibility issue for many players – although I have seen multiple threads and suggestions on how to fix this I still feel not much has really been addressed to actually SOLVING this issue other than shrinking HUD unlock camera suggestions.

It honestly sounds like it's a fundamental graphics problem. Until LOL allows people to rotate the camera or flips the perspective (horizontally) for purple team, this won't be solved.

- ELO system needs some kind of fix (although I am not exactly sure what):http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2604069

I believe the suggestion you're looking for is called "taking wins/losses into account".

xxOminous

11-23-2012

Hey riot, Ive been playing League since the end of season 1. the changes you made for season 2 were great, i loved them. I'm a player on the pbe (public beta environment) and Ive tried the new HUD, and i think its the worst move you've made since remaking jax. first of all, the new items are terrible, i wont even get into that, and second, the store itself is unresponsive and useless. and you've taken all my favorite items out of the game such as force of nature, as well as made barrier a spell available in summoners rift.
so all i have to say, is;

WHY RIOT, WHY?????????????????????????????????????

Qsario

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrorFlop View Post
Forum Issues

Bots do that now, I imagine each different champ requires a non-trivial AI (so it's decidedly non-simple to script them), recommended item builds can be modified via 3rd party tools, and the whole shop is getting an overhaul in S3, in which it will be MUCH nicer (has search, different classes of recommended items, etc.)

As for the rest of your suggestions, I agree for the most part. It's very painful to try to chat with your team while in queue, for example. Every time you type something, you get interrupted by a modal prompt that won't get out of your way and have your chat windows appear/vanish constantly, losing all history. Incredibly annoying. I'd honestly rather have chat as a separate program I could alt-tab to. It's just too painful.

BoboTheBarbarian

11-27-2012

I hesitate to agree with anything regarding the Tribunal system. We don't really know how involved the game admins are with the process from our outside point of view, and if they're involved even at all, they likely have access to far more information concerning the cases than we do.

That being said, I have a complaint I'd like to add to the list. World of Warcraft had an in-game voice chat program, albeit not the best quality, added to its UI six and a half years ago. They had the consideration for their players to GIVE them a way to communicate more fluidly than typing, even if they weren't premade, and it proved in my experience to make the game experience tons more enjoyable. If League had an optional built-in voice chat, it would improve the quality of ranked solo players' communication incredibly without forcing them to queue together first.

Just my two cents.