Really.....seriously

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

lx Superman xl

11-24-2012

Ok, I understand that you, Riot, don't want to tolerate people "violating" the summoners code. But get real. I personally have never been banned, but this tribunal nonsense is retarded. I've sat and watched people bash one person for an entire game. ENTIRE GAME. Then after their team STARTING the bashing, they get the enemy team involved and then you have 6+ people BASHING one person, which results in 6+ reports. Then that person gets banned. BECAUSE THEY WERE DEFENDING THEM-SELF from being bashed. Tribunal needs to be edited or removed. I'm speaking on behalf of everyone who has to be put in that situation. You can not let people judge a situation they don't know anything about. And in the tribunal you don't even show the entire chat log. These people, mostly kids who see swear words, see people asking for a report on someone, who they know nothing about, and again, they gang up on that one person. No one should be banned or reported for defending them-self. It's outrageous.

Now I do know someone who has been banned and you DON'T even show people what got them banned. That is horrible to ban someone and not show them why or what got them banned.

As I previously stated, there should be a removal or an edit of the tribunal. Using the honor system as a relation. In the honor system, if you honor people a lot, your honor doesn't count as much as someone who does not honor people as often. On top of that, you need MANY honor votes to get a ribbon, why should it be any different for the ban system. I mean really, you have people who report people JUST because they LOST a game, and they report one, or maybe their entire team. THEY should be banned, and then you have the constant criers, flamers, and general *******s who DON'T get banned. AND you have "PRO" players who NEVER get banned, for flaming, swearing, and general *******ism. But that is for another conversation.

All in all, Riot, seriously, something needs to be done, tribunal needs to be gone, and there needs to be a ban system in place that is similar to the honor system. Something that should be done automatically instead of by a "vote". With this tribunal, people don't get to defend them-self, AND you don't notify them of what got them banned. Only that they are banned.

Thank You

PS: Hey Riot, why don't you disable ALL chat completely, if not for all games, for Ranked/Normal Draft. It only gets in the way.
And to all you trolls, yes I know that there is a disable all chat feature.

Solnaga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

I don't think you've ever tried the tribunal system have you...? There is a complete in game chat log. If a person is defending him/herself, it will appear as a reactive rather than active "harassment". And those cases are dismissed.

lx Superman xl

11-24-2012

Hmmmm....I've tried the tribunal, and yes there is a complete chat log, but people can't always distinguish when someone is defending them-self.

Solnaga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

If you read the tribunal instructions, you punish people if they are the root cause of the problem, not if they are provoked. So if you see B: Wow A, way to play like a boss (when A just died) A: @)$#@ you!, you can assume A was provoked. Also if you can't make a proper verdict you are recommended to skip the case. Furthermore there's typically multiple cases tied to an account before it is presented to the tribunal to allow for multiple assessments. It's possible that a person can be provoked easily in some rare cases, but if you ask me, they're toxic in their own ways for being so reactive. Imho there should be a counter report option in the tribunal. (eg: I dismiss A, but I would like to pt out B should have been reported)

SinRG

11-24-2012

The tribunal is an absolute joke. The fact it's monitored by actual players just shows laziness on Riot's side. The only people who regularly frequent the tribunal are butthurt players with anger to vent or crusader cops who get a thrill from punishing others. I've seen the threads with countless people stating they never pardon a case, only punish it, and they openly admit to doing it with bias. Basically, if your case ever reaches the tribunal - you're ****ed no matter what.

lx Superman xl

11-24-2012

I understand you guys when you say "tribunal instructions" but I Know for a FACT that MOST people who do the tribunal, just........PUNISH, PUNISH, PUNISH, PUNISH, (read a little), PUNISH, PUNISH, PUNISH. Not reading the whole case. I have a lot of friends that play League, more than 10 and they all do the same thing, Ban without reading wtf happened. I'm not saying everyone does this, but the vast majority do. And that solves nothing.

JRiMi

11-24-2012

Your rant has one flaw. Using swear words IS against the summoners code and IS reportable. So you would still get banned even if you were only retaliating. The best way to handle that is to ignore the ppl and report them and let them get banned

lx Superman xl

11-24-2012

Then there should be no All chat....point blank simple. Enemy team should have no say, but that's my opinion. Only thing really that should be bannable, is exploiting, or hacking. And I can say I have seen neither of those things. Words, are words, they are not physical actions, and everyone has the right to defend them-self if they are being bashed. IDFC what you say.

Mrbub8l3s

03-25-2013

Indeed I agree with you "Ix Superman xI"

Escape Artist

03-25-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******ExMachina View Post
I don't think you've ever tried the tribunal system have you...? There is a complete in game chat log. If a person is defending him/herself, it will appear as a reactive rather than active "harassment". And those cases are dismissed.
Not really, I've went into the tribunal and there is many cases of that. My first account was Perma banned because of self defense.