Pool Party Skins

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gentleman Thief

11-27-2012

I'm kinda new to the forums here, so let me apologize in advance if this thread should be in a different category. I'm posting it here instead of one of the Fan Creations forums since I can't really take credit for the design myself.

Anyway, here's the splash art for Pool Party Ziggs: http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...lPartySkin.jpg

In addition to Ziggs himself, the splash also depicts Ahri, Renekton, Garen, Leona, Diana, Riven, Xin Zhao, Katarina, Yorick, and Darius all in swimsuits or pool-related attire. So my question is this: Why are these not alternate skins for them already? The idea of Renekton running around in a lifeguard uniform and Yorick hitting people with a pool-skimming net are both awesomely hilarious! I'd wager plenty of female players would love to have some fanservice directed towards them in the form of Garen, Xin Zhao, and/or Darius in swim trunks. And I'm sure that IronStylus already has some concept art somewhere of Pool Party Leona or something similar for her.

Who's with me?

GamerETs

11-27-2012

I'd take that ahri skin any day, i totally agree

Kanderas

11-27-2012

I don't think it was particularly your point but in answer to your question; Riot doesn't have unlimited time to make every good skin idea a reality. In case you didn't notice they're lucky to pop out 2 a fortnight barring holiday events.

While it is a good idea, I imagine there could be some creative problems. People's expectations of a skin have drastically increased, so in order for a Pool Party Garen skin to be successful he'd have to do more than just flex his abs and pulsate his pecs (making the champion any less sh!t would help too).

With Ziggs his bombs become water balloons, but what else changes about Garen apart from a model that exposes his body? What is Pool Party Yorick going to send out instead of ghouls? Water sprites? Such things are less obvious on most other champions which makes it harder to make a Pool Party skin that people actually want to buy.

I'm sure Riot could come up with something eventually, but they'd much rather spend their time on a skin that wasn't so difficult to conceptualise. I do imagine, however, that coming up with ideas to fill in the blanks for them makes it easier, so posting such here might be helpful if a Pool Party set (and by its very name it demands to be a set, else Ziggs is the only one at the party) is to ever be realised.

Of course, their presence in the background of that splash art (lol) may be a hint that those champions are already slated to recieve Pool Party skins some time in the future...

BloodyBlades101

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbidden Guest View Post
I'm kinda new to the forums here, so let me apologize in advance if this thread should be in a different category. I'm posting it here instead of one of the Fan Creations forums since I can't really take credit for the design myself.

Anyway, here's the splash art for Pool Party Ziggs: http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...lPartySkin.jpg

In addition to Ziggs himself, the splash also depicts Ahri, Renekton, Garen, Leona, Diana, Riven, Xin Zhao, Katarina, Yorick, and Darius all in swimsuits or pool-related attire. So my question is this: Why are these not alternate skins for them already? The idea of Renekton running around in a lifeguard uniform and Yorick hitting people with a pool-skimming net are both awesomely hilarious! I'd wager plenty of female players would love to have some fanservice directed towards them in the form of Garen, Xin Zhao, and/or Darius in swim trunks. And I'm sure that IronStylus already has some concept art somewhere of Pool Party Leona or something similar for her.

Who's with me?
Pretty sure that's Veigar