Do you ever refuse to play a champion you believe OP or strong for "petty" reasons?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

For example, I'm on the camp that Corki...is still OP. If not OP, then disproportionately stronger than most other AD Carries. Having probably one of the best Passive ever for a Carry certainly helps, having a get out of jail free card helps too. But since most people play Ezreal over Corki, I don't have to put up with that bugger. So I don't mind.

But despite all that, I refuse to play Corki for a petty petty reason. And that is.............................he's a helicopter that chooses to maintain flight on ground level. Were he a machine with legs like Rumble(Valkyrie can be replaced with Corki jumping a distance and leaking napalm in his path), or a dune-buggy with some sort of jumping mechanism I'd play Corki in a heartbeat.

Another champion I believe is insanely powerful is Irelia, I shouldn't have to explain her. My petty reason for not playing her is her weapon. She's a massive waste of concept. They gave her a completely unique weapon(floating blades)...and only her ultimate makes use of it. The rest of her kit could easily have been pulled off with any dunce with a stick and it'd still fit. I expected something really cool in her kit that revolve around the concept of her weapon. Not just a random assortment of really powerful individual abilities thrown together that doesn't draw on her unique weapon.

So, anyone else have equally petty reasons for refusing to play a champion they believe is crazy strong or borderline OP?

The McSmashy

11-26-2012

I won't play Darius because I just won't. Sure I play a lot of top-lane. Sure I hate Darius because someone who knows Darius in and out can go even with a counterpick, as long as I don't main said counterpick. I just won't.

Screw Darius.

yawning

11-26-2012

yes i refuse to play darius, i will never ever ever play darius,too cheap/takes the least amount of skill

Huurpez

11-26-2012

I refuse to play Darius/Karthus, I can't even feel good after doing well with those champs.

Mythoclast

11-26-2012

No. In LoL I will play whatever champ I like as long as I think I will do OK with them. I will sometimes play champions because others believe they are strong but I will never give up an advantage just so I can feel unique or "fair". Maybe I'd feel bad if I could actually do ok with Darius but probably not. I abused the **** out of Jayce in Dominion until he was nerfed and I still mostly play Teemo and Jax cause they are really easy and strong.

Io Reign

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2012

Used to main kat, now refuse to play her because they murdered her kit and she's op as hell.

UnskilIed Player

11-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The McSmashy View Post
I won't play Darius because I just won't. Sure I play a lot of top-lane. Sure I hate Darius because someone who knows Darius in and out can go even with a counterpick, as long as I don't main said counterpick. I just won't.

Screw Darius.
b@d

Fenomenom

11-26-2012

I really don't like to play chogath because I feel so cheap, I feel he is super OP though sometimes I just tell myself that I am really good with him. But the fact is, I know when I play chogath, I am ruining the other teams game. Especially mid, it just isn't fair, and the jungler doesnt want to come because he knows he will just be wasting his time, and maybe get eaten.

I love the champion, he is awesome, but he is just soo freakin strong I feel bad playing him in normals. I used to feel the same way about shen. Basically if you played him in normals, you were just being a jerk.

Kyzrathnosh

11-26-2012

I refuse to play Teemo because I hate his hat.

GreenEggsAndSLAM

11-26-2012

I refuse to play Katarina. I can't stand her player base and their constant use of kitty***** kat and just how faceroll she is in general. I also find it insulting that she's classified as a mage and yet throws daggers for damage. **** that, Xerath is a mage. Kat is a wannabe.