[Solo Q Secrets #007] Clash Of The Titans’ … Personalities

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ryzeonline

01-18-2013

LarcyBrown! I love your observations here, yes, there is a very high chance of "smart-aggression" taking fast victories at low ELO. It tends to overwhelm people who are 'learning the game'.

In fact, "smart-aggression" is such a great topic, I think it deserves a whole post. It's also not my preferred playstyle, mostly because I dont feel the people I tend to fight with are all that 'smart' with their 'aggression' -- ie: they transform it to greed, as you said.

One minor thing I'd like to clarify - in my experience, a person can be ANY skill level to PRACTICE adaptation. In fact, it is only with practice that one becomes 'good'.

Great stuff, Larcy, keep ryzin'!

Vichar

02-05-2013

I'm a little surprised at the quality of your insight and ability to convey it. Your guides contain quite a few nuggets about learning fundamental play and managing one's own mental state before, during, and after games. These are the same kinds of things that coaches for sports and other competitive activities do with their students to prepare them for matches.

Perhaps I'll see you online sometime so we can trade notes. I've done a little bit of math and posted it in various places in the forums regarding solo queue Elo. I've concluded that winning in solo queue ranked is not intuitive and that's why a lot of people are frustrated with it. Unlike 1v1 StarCraft, the idea that you need people (soft) skills to be more successful is foreign to most people. In RL I used to be a lead of several teams and it was all about coordination, communication, and understanding the strengths and limitations of my teammates so I could intelligently give assignments and set expectations. Yes, I agree with many of your observations and strategies regarding winning.

Is your in-game nick the same as your forum nick? Mine is the same-Vichar.

Shadow Wolf 47

02-06-2013

Hey! Make more please! Me is dying without these.........

ryzeonline

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vichar View Post
I'm a little surprised at the quality of your insight and ability to convey it. Your guides contain quite a few nuggets about learning fundamental play and managing one's own mental state before, during, and after games. These are the same kinds of things that coaches for sports and other competitive activities do with their students to prepare them for matches.

Perhaps I'll see you online sometime so we can trade notes. I've done a little bit of math and posted it in various places in the forums regarding solo queue Elo. I've concluded that winning in solo queue ranked is not intuitive and that's why a lot of people are frustrated with it. Unlike 1v1 StarCraft, the idea that you need people (soft) skills to be more successful is foreign to most people. In RL I used to be a lead of several teams and it was all about coordination, communication, and understanding the strengths and limitations of my teammates so I could intelligently give assignments and set expectations. Yes, I agree with many of your observations and strategies regarding winning.

Is your in-game nick the same as your forum nick? Mine is the same-Vichar.

Vichar! Dude! I can feel some like-minds goin' on here.

You GET it.

There is VERY 'high-level' wisdom at work here, my RL career is luxury-grade success-coaching, which I live and breathe, so that shines through.

Your understanding of team leads, soft skills, and counter-intuitive ways to win ranked are spot on.

F*** yes

And my in game name is changed to match my brand and website "ryzeonline"

I'll add ya just now

ryzeonline

03-03-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Wolf 47 View Post
Hey! Make more please! Me is dying without these.........
Hahah... lol, Shadow -- I totally intend to man, I've been busy winning Voyboy's t-shirt design contest, tutoring others in LoL, and well... pivoting my business and pitching Angel Investors to raise funds.

If it was "super-easy" to just turnaround and sell my guides, I would, but it takes time & focus

What do you want me to write about next?

Solo Q Secrets 009 - "The OPness of OP Champs"
Solo Q Secrets 009 - "Seeing The Victory, Tasting The Win"
Solo Q Secrets 009 - "...But The Third Champ Was Juuuuust Right"

LifeSmash

03-12-2013

I, for one, would love to see you write about the concept of "OP". It's a pet peeve of mine.

(accidental necro, thought this was the #8 thread, sorry)

ryzeonline

06-30-2013

Thanks so much, LifeSmash - and the necro is good -- this content benefits the LOL community as a whole, decreasing "noobs" and increasing well-balanced players. I appreciate the bump.

Also, I have a lot of interesting ideas on "OP" and will definitely consider adding it in the next few Vols.

I'm about to release Solo Q Secrets #009 - Making Sense Of The Chaos

Stay tuned