Shaco, The lvl 1-18 gank

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrlock

11-23-2009

Ok so I wrote a Veigar guide awhile back when I was a nub, but now I'm all ROFLTHISISEASY so why not write one for shaco?

Abilties: Exhaust/Heal or Exhaust/Cleanse depending on how much CC the other team has

I run 2 builds depending on how long I think it will take to kill 3/5 of the enemy players

Build 1: Black Cleaver, Infinity Edge, Last Whisper, Whatever else

*I don't get boots with this build because it's my 1-3 hit kill build. If you aren't killing people in the time it takes for blink to be off cooldown again then go ahead and get something for catching up/escaping

Build 2: Frozen Mallet, Boots of Swiftness, Infinity Edge, whatever else you feel like getting

*This build is for when I intend on holding enemies on lockdown for a long fight. Because your illusion also takes on the frozen mallet effect you can chain snare and force them into a fight.

Order to get skills:

Decieve
Two-shiv
Decieve
Two-shiv
Decieve
Hallucinate
Two-Shiv
Decieve
Two-Shiv
Decieve
-You get the idea-

Reason for this, I personally Can't stand jack-in-the-box until end game because it's too based around setting up and tying yourself to a single location. My build/style is a lot about lane jumping for ganks not for lane pushing. If you happen to clear a lane with your teammates sure go ahead and push up to the tower and get your hits in, but at almost no point in a round should you commit to a single lane.

GAMEPLAY:

MINIONS SPAWN! Work with someone in middle lane to let the enemy/enemies push your first wave of minions and then blink in and backstab/exhaust. If you and 1 other person can't destroy whoever you've exhausted either they have cleanse/flash or you are bad.

Finish up enemy minion wave and you should be level 2. Procede to bottom lane and mark, blink, dagger throw, and kill. Again work with the team and this should go plenty smooth. Finish up minion wave and return to base to med up and buy your Phage if you are doing chain snare build. Otherwise just keep saving up cause 2 more kills and you have a BF sword.

Grind with a lane until exhaust is back up and go for a kill on someone you haven't yet. The key here is to spread kills across the enemy team so as to not allow any of them to get ahead of you in levels. Another key is TEAMWORK! You can't kill much of anything early game without having your teammates working along side you so make sure communication is there when you are blinking in and exhausting.

More or less at this point it's a matter of picking your fights, try sticking to lanes a bit more, but watch closely around the map for anyone getting around 50% health because they should be easy easy targets.

Endgame is where I finally use jack-in-the-box. While your team is beating down the outer towers, blink into the base and make a small minefield of these buggers along the outer wall. Then run in and wait for someone to take the bait, with 4 of these you can pump out some fast deeps and just blink out of the base if you get too many on you.

I doubt enough people care for my input to actually finish this in detail, but if I'm asked to I'll take up the time

Cosmic Power

11-23-2009

Jack in the Box cannot be skipped, it is simply too good for neutraling and I find it extremely useful for ganking. Start the gank by placing a box about 400-500 range behind them and start hitting them, they either run into the box, or your allies mash them up, either way is painful. Deceive only gains 20% bonus crit damage with each level and lowers in mana cost by 10. It's rather pathetic really. 1 level deceive until you get 100 damage. Shivs also levels horribly, so only 1 point is really necessary (40 damage per level is weaksauce).

I know it feels weak (it felt really weak for me when I played about the first 10 games as Shaco). After a while you'll just get used to using it and you'll realize it is better than leveling your other skills past 1.

Also you can stack it at level 1 which is really good (be cautious of smart opponents when doing this)

JitB, Deceive, Shivs, then in order of priority. JitB > Hallucinate > Shivs > Deceive

That's my build.

Blarfles

11-23-2009

^

JITBs are far too strong for every purpose. Ever seen a Shaco + Blitzcrank/Rammus/Singe/Everyotherpersoninthegamewhocanmovepeoplewithapseu dodisable team? Destroys the lane, destroys ganking, and your other two scale terribly.